1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

Would it be feasible to get GPL-style cornering and straight line multipliers for the AI in the custom XML files, maybe even on a per-track basis?
    At least with Vintage Gen1, the extreme slowness in the corners and extra 50 horsepower down the straights (I concede that I don't recall how big the power difference between the two models is, so I don't know how much the AI actually gains) is really jarring at high difficulties. I'm sure you'll continue tweaking the AI up until the end of the game's lifespan, but there's no way all possibilities will be covered. Giving extra control to the user would do wonders for the overall longevity of the product.

Like for example, if we mess with the existing XML structure a bit:
    Code:
    <custom_ai>
    <custom_ai_drivers>
    </custom_ai_drivers>
    <custom_track_multipliers>
    <track track_name="Spa_Francorchamps_1970_1000km">
        <speed>0.94</speed>
        <cornering>1.22</cornering>
    </track>
    etc
    </custom_track_multipliers>
    </custom_ai>

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be nice if all the track configs were displayed as thumbnails, then just click on the one you want.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I was just thinking something similar...

A horsepower figure so in the single car classes the slower cars that have been given slower engines in real life will be easier for the lead cars to lap...

4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I would like the ability to have the Low Downforce skins have a separate entry in the override data... So that when it automatically selects a LD version it automatically selects the LD version of the skin... And the opposite it selects the default skin when on a track that takes the default set up...

Many of the LD variants just can't co-exist with period correct high downforce versions... So there's always an awkward compromise between the 2 variants...

Another override choice I would like is tyre choice... For the CART cars for example you have to line up liveries with the right tyre providers by livery ID... Where as I would like to choose than within the xml...

Also I'd like to be able to customise the texture so we could run our own as a separate override function... Allowing for more variety within the single class mods as well as realism to the many skin packs that exist...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  5. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Request Title: Ability to map fuel mode up and fuel mode down.
    Description: Pretty much every sim has this option and considering you can adjust ERS, Anti-roll bars, brake bias, etc, there's no reason this shouldn't be added, especially considering you CAN adjust it, but only via ICM.
    Benefits: Able to adjust fuel sector by sector, making it more realistic for fuel conservation and attacking.

EDIT: They added this feature in update 1.4.5

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Request Title: Formation lap for standing start races.
    Description: Pretty self explanatory. Could have drivers manually pull into their grid slots similar to how they pull into their pix boxes.
    Benefits: Allow drivers to manually warm up their tires and brakes, and makes the race start more immersive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Request Title: Ability to adjust mini map zoom.
    Description: Be able to change how zoomed in the minimap is in HUD settings (i.e. close zoom, far zoom, full map)
    Benefits: Allows you to see where other drivers are in your or all sectors rather than just ones immediately around you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Request Title: Improve broadcast and race director modes.
    Description: This one is a bit of a pipe dream where the future of AMS2 involves a lot of official twitch streams, or at least a few that look excellent. (I'm coming from a F1 community that broadcasts all their races, so this is one of the first features I tested out).
    - The ability to view what kind of tires each driver has on and how old they are.
    - Additional camera angles such as helicopter camera, and maybe another trackside that is more sector focused rather than car focused.
    - Additional cameras the race director can view at the same time, and pick which one the broadcaster is broadcasting.
    - Lap data for current car being followed (sector by sector times to see if they are up on their PB/the leader), especially useful in qualifying.
    - Not sure if this is solved by going to broadcast/race director mode, but improve bounciness/stuttering when monitoring a car driven by a player (noticed this when watching friends drive around in MP, very disorienting).
    Benefits: Make twitch/youtube streams look really nice and make more players want to get in on the action.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Mid race Saving
    Description: Be able to save a race in the middle and reload at a later date.
    Benefits: Allows users to do endurance racing over many hours. Allows people to run full length championships, despite having busy lives and limited time to sim race.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. notanexpert

notanexpert New Member

Request Title: Real Weather adjustments
    Description: I love most aspects of real weather. One thing i cant stand is how abruptly the track conditions change, even with Time Progression and weather progression both set to real time.
    EX 1: I was at VIR in group C, and the track started as cloudy. The track temperature was 115F. In less than 1/2 lap, track temperature was 87F. 2 laps later the sun came back out (which visually looks great, the transition from cloudy-sun-cloudy) and then 1/2 lap later, track temperature was back to 115F. This 30 degree difference is so jarring to drive on it is incredibly difficult to manage. It just doesnt feel realistic how quickly condition change.

EX 2: Watkins Glen with the group C cars. Qualy started rainy with a "soaked" track. Half way though, the sun was out (again, looks fantastic). It took 3 laps to dry enough for slicks. After pitting for slicks and completing 3/4 of 1 lap, the rain came back and the track switched from "moist" to "soaked" before that same lap ended. Literally the last two turns. There wasn't even enough time to get back to the pits to switch back before crashing (and why cant we have radar or even a mild indicator of conditions???)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Completely agree , I’ve turned it off for now and run in dry conditions as the speed at which the track goes from dry to wet is far too quick. I have had it go from dry to soaked in the space of 4 corners at multiple tracks.

12. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Can we get some illumination in the DPI class interiors and the display working that’s mounted to one side please.

13. thealexmill

thealexmill New Member

The ability to have reverse grids and a different points system when doing 2 races in a weekend on championship mode. It's done in the default stock car championships in game so it's obviously possible, give the player an option to do it when creating a custom season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Apex

Apex Active Member

I think I've mentioned it before, but period correct pit crew for the historic tracks would be nice.

The marshall in the brown overalls and shades already in the game actually does look the part and could be used as a template.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. WoodyLizard

WoodyLizard New Member

I have been doing initial testing for my groups Daytona 24 for next year and have noticed that the Sigma P1 (LMP2) car has no gear adjustments that make it uncompetitive to the MRX Duratec Turbo P2 car that does have gear adjustments to stop redlining along the long straights of Daytona.

Example, with gear adjustment to the MRX it can get excess of 262kph compared to the 250kph redline max speed of the Sigma.

Has this already been noted by Reiza and going to change to allow both cars compete together?

As we are looking at running the DPi, LMP2 and GT3 for our Daytona 2.4 next year, but at this stage with the LMP2 issues LMP1 works well and may just need to replace the LMP2 class if gearing is not sorted before then.

16. Apex

Apex Active Member

Another echo of my own previous request: Can we please have some more stock liveries for the generic F-Retro Gen 2s? Just four or six more would do.

There's a significant difference in performance between this car and the Lotus and Brabham, and it would be nice to be able to have a larger grid with just the generic car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could we get a McLaren F1 LM but as a racing version for GT Open? (Or 90's GT) It's such a visceral driving experance and the sound is AMAZING!

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Sector yellow flags in time would be nice.
    On some tracks like Spa 1970, the AI is causing accidents all the time and player arrives the carnage without a warning, because there are no flags.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I’ve had races abruptly end at Bathurst and Nords because of this. Working flags are imperative to games simulating motorsport

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

I'll give my two cents with some silly stuff:

More Tracks!

Portland International Raceway would be cool to have because it's in the Pacific Northwest and both the track and the region is kind of underrepresented in sims.

Sonoma with it's million different layouts would provide some variety and has notorioty since they've had Indycar and currently host NASCAR as well.

The Thermal Club (if they'll let anyone get a license to their track!) would be a very interesting and unique addition that would be a good track day course, would be notable as Indycar is going to be testing there, and it's not been featured in any other sim title.

Japanese tracks like Twin Ring Motegi (which I just saw is now called Mobility Resort Motegi? What?), Autopolis (My personal favourite track that is unfortunately underrepresented), Sportsland SUGO, Fuji Speedway, Okayama, and of course little Tsukuba to finish it off. Many of these tracks are either underrepresented in sim titles, fan favourites, or both, and they would pair nicely in a DLC pack with a Superformula esque car or something similar to SuperGT's GT500. Twin Ring would also add another oval track.

Also, Zandvoort and Circuit TT Assen because gekoloniseerd.

European Ovals would also be a very unique addition and would fit with the push for more ovals and oval racing in the sim. Tracks like Eurospeedway Lausitzring with it's nearly 2.5 mile flat oval, Raceway Venray in the Netherlands that held a NASCAR Euro series race a few years back, a car which hasn't been added to any sim as far as I know (maybe add it with the oval tracks as DLC?), Rockingham Speedway (If they'll let you since they seem kind of done with motorsports), and maybe even Tours Speedway which was some wild temporary oval track in France that only hosted one NASCAR Euro Race.

Lastly, more Australian and New Zealand tracks to give the V8 super some more toys to race on. Especially some of the tracks that are in danger, like Pukekohe and Sandown which either have closed or are likely going to close soon. Might pair nicely with a new gen V8 super.

Cars

NASCAR Next Gen or something very similar - This would help the oval racing and add a fun car, while drawing the NASCAR fans toward Automobilista 2 who seem to be in a vacuum between the high costs of a notable competitor that starts with i and ends with racing, and the failure of the most recent NASCAR game. Also, V8 go brrrrrrrrr.

SuperFormula - As mentioned in tracks, this would pair with the Japanese tracks as well as being a fun car to drive and race. Would be kind of in it's own category of modern machines, faster than an Indycar in road course trim but slower than F1.

Gen 3 Supercars - These cars look beautiful, sound beautiful, and based off the low aero they seem like they'll drive and race beautifully. Would also pair nicely with the Aussie tracks

NASCAR Euro Series - A car that, as far as I know, hasn't really been featured in other sims at all. Would give a good road racing car and oval racing car, and allow players to do a season with that car. Would pair nicely with European Euro tracks

Anyway, that's my paragraph. Hope the devs like my ideas :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 4