1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Have one question:

Did a race using one of my custom AI files (F_Classic_Gen2), and set the numbers for "reliability" to 0.01 - 0.05 for some drivers, expecting them to retire with some kind of failure because of those low values.

I did a 30 lap race at Hockenheim 2001, had set damage to "Max" and mechanical failures to "On".
    All AI saw the chequered flag, none of them had some kind of failure. :(

What am I doing wrong? Must I set the reliability to values below zero?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did some cars pited more than others? Not all failures are terminal, in my case in 3 out 5 the AI pit and repair them, they just lose a lot of time. There is some randomness in the way the failures work, one race you can have 6 and in another 2.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

No one pitted. No one had a failure.
    Edit: But I will give it a try on some other tracks.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  4. benvelor

benvelor Member

a simple question: the failure rate works for human driver's car too?

5. Apex

Apex Active Member

Not the one you set in the custom AI file. The mechanical failures you experience are determined by the in-game setting, and your driving of course.

6. benvelor

benvelor Member

ok, thanks!

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Did some more races with these super low values for reliability.
    Always 30 laps, with maxed out damage and activated mechanical failure in the race settings.
    Tracks: Spa 93, Hockenheim 88, Monza 91, Spielberg GP.
    The only retirements that occured were caused by crashes because of the weird AI behaviour in some sectors of the track. But no car had some kind of reliability problem.

8. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Have you check minimum time for failure? If it is above time of race, I think they will not fail

9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My feeling is some updates ago the AI reliability DNFs were completely toned down to the point they just don't happen at all unless you do full length races. I certainly can't remember the last time I saw an AI DNF without crashing.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In school, some decades ago, I was really bad in math. :whistle: So, I might got something wrong again.

It is said that the range for formula classic is between 25 and 700 minutes. If my race lasts more than half an hour and the reliability value for some cars is between 0.01 and 0.05, I was thinking that some AI have to quit the race because of a failure quite soon. But I might be too silly for that. :rolleyes:

11. Mazdaspeed

I havent had time to test but the
    Yep, they should and I am very bad at math, so dont really understand how the negative values work as the formula is different. I havent had time to play the game for some days now, but most races I run are 80 to 90 minutes and most terminal failures always happens towards the last 30 minutes, very seldom they happen at the beggining. What I can assure you is that in almost every race all cars with a value below .18 did have failures with the F-Vintage, which have the same range as the classics.

12. Marg

Marg Active Member

Looks like DNF's do not work as intended, I also tried but to no avail.

13. Mazdaspeed

So I had time today to do a full 80 minutes race at Imola historic with the F-Vintage and the mechanical failures worked fine. The first car had issues after some 25 minutes, after that they started to have more frequent failures after 40 minutes. In the end only 2 cars retired, but 9 out of 17 had to pit and 4 had to do it twice or more.
    So I think the main issue is that the mechanical failures don't scale with the race length, but otherwise they seem fine to me.

14. Marg

Marg Active Member

"mechanical failures don't scale with the race length" - yes, maybe that is the thing.

15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

A little OT, but I figured I might get an answer here.
    I'm after a list of all default AI drivers with their
    Name, Car Number, Team/Car.
    For example
    Atila Abreu, 31, Mercedes-AMG GT4

Anyone know if this can be extracted from somewhere?

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You might try this one:
    NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2

• Like Like x 1
  17. Apex

Apex Active Member

Interesting. I had a bunch of races this weekend with the F-Vintage Gen2s, and on two occasions a V12 started smoking and eventually blew up. Once on Spa 70 and once on Monza 71, and it happened quite early on.

I'm currently running a custom file with just three parameters for each driver; aggression, defending and consistency, all in the 0.1-0.3 range. Skill set in-game to 100 and aggression on medium.

Somewhat OT in this context but it appears that when you don't set skill in the custom file, it will be applied in an ascending order for each type, so in this example the last V8s and the last V12s on the list of drivers will consistently be the fastest, but the V8s will still be competitive, even on high speed tracks. The overall spread is quite decent and actually better than if you give them all the same skill and set consistency very low.

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Of course, I have set all values in my file, but no car had to retire.

19. Apex

Apex Active Member

Could be the older stuff is hard-coded to be more fragile. Still they don't seem to take suspension damage from brawling each other no matter what value you set.

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Therfore, with damage maxed out, the player has severe damage when touching a cone on track...:p