1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RELEASE AMS2 ARC - Auriel 90 GTO V1.0 by VRC Virtual Racing Cars LLC

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ferrari64, Nov 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am very proud to present you the Auriel 90 GTO V1.0 by VRC Virtual Racing Cars LLC:
    Purchase Link: AMS2 | ARC - Auriel 90 GTO - VRC

VRC Virtual Racing Cars LLC has begun work on content for Automobilista 2. We have been closely following the development of AMS2 over the last few years and are excited to share our very first car for this sim: the Auriel 90 GTO! AMS2 does not support sound editing. However, you will have the opportunity to experience the incredible car's power and grip for just $1.99 USD.

We would love to get your feedback about this car. If you have any suggestions, ideas, bug reports, feel free to put them in here! ams2auriel.png

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, just bought and drove a few laps round Laguna Seca in VR.

Visually all seemed good. Only thing that struck me was in the wet, the rain barely shows on the windscreen, so you don't need to use the wipers.
    Also, a car that is almost as iconic for it's sound as looks, it's an incredible shame that AMS2 (Madness Engine) doesn't allow these mods to have the proper sound.

Drives really well however, and nice clear instructions on how to add into the game.

Looking forward to seeing more from VRC!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just going to ask. Whats the chances of VRC and Reiza collaborating to release something like this officially into the game as DLC? Reiza did it with Rfactor 2, and having a 3rd party partnership program works great for games like train simulator? Worth asking?

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. S.Carassi

S.Carassi Member AMS2 Club Member

Link doesn't work

5. TheMattyOnline

Not on their store this morning either that i could see. I mignt have picked up a super rare 1 off car!

On another note, some of those gorgeous VRC prototypes would be amazing to have in AMS2. And there's definitely a gap currently for a really fast modern 2021/22 american race car that runs on ovals ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

NOPE!
    The 2nd was mine! :D

PS
    I case it has vanished this morning, it reappeared again now... :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

sellfy is experiencing a couple of server issues. I guess the offerings from multiple shops might have taken a tall on the sellfy servers in general. It is available now.

Thanks you so much for the feedback so far! About the sound. If we do find a way to add our our sounds to AMS2, we will update the car of course and you will get it as a free update of course.

• Like Like x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Dylan Hale

Looks like Mr. laps has made a video...

• Like Like x 6
  9. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Hi,
    I've purchased it straight away today.
    I couldn't do many laps but the idea is clear: This is a fantastic addition to the game.
    You know how to mod and this just looks as an official content.
    The driving is supreme. The 4wd transmission can be perfectly felt.

I think Reiza should support it and make it easier to install and resist to the updates.

The modding community could fill the categories were many cars still missing.

I hope you could also release the Chevrette to race along side the Auriel.

Question: Do they support on-line?

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dylan Hale

I wonder about this, because I don't think Reiza is contractually allowed to release modding tools? Like that was one of the big things stipulated in the contract between Reiza and SMS from what Reiza has told us about it...

Which is why I suggested some sort of partnership program so VRC could release the car as official DLC on the steam store as official DLC. That way it isn't technically a mod... but then you have issues of licenses and such.

Honestly, modding is going to be a massive uphill battle for madness engine games for a while longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Just what I was waiting for. Looks brilliant.

12. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

I didn't know aboit thus contractual thing, but the partnership could be a great solution.

13. TheMattyOnline

I don't remember anything about contractual limitations on modding? All i remember is Reiza stating they wouldn't stop anyone modding, but they also wouldn't support it either.
    I'm fairly sure there's nothing stopping anyone adding content into the game at this point other than knowledge and time.
    The Project Cars games have had loads of cars added already.

I really hope people get behind releases like this from VRC. Imagine some of the amazing content they, and teams like RSS and URD produce for AC and rF2 making their way into AMS2!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

just look at ac1's player numbers, that's enough motivation alone for reiza to make modding as easy as possible.... without breaking any contractual agreements that is

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Downloaded and paid a tiny bit extra to show support - amazing work would love to see more mods in this game!!

16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Small bug: The digital instruments on the left of the dash are reversed, with the temp gauge showing fuel level and vice versa.

The car feels great to me, just as the AC version, very well implemented :) Bummer you cannot use your own engine sounds.

17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sound is one of the weakest areas of AMS2 (and projects cars). It lacks the depth and spatial awareness that iRacing and ACC or the details that king of audio has, RRE. I wish the AC sound modders would be able to help AMS2.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I think audio editing is not accessible for modding in AMS2. Modders need to use something that is already in the game.

19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If AMS2 would allow sounds as mods, this game would get massive boost.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The car drives amazing and it's very fun for some multiclass race with the Group C, but I noticed that most of the field using the auriels are having mechanical failures, smoking several times and even abandoning the race by failures, any way to tone that down a bit?