1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I low-key still think the 650s GT3 is a more beautiful car than the 720s GT3.

Motus-One-McLaren-650S-GT3-1.jpg maxresdefault (1).jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think normal racing snow, and heavy rainfail, and fog are a big no-no. Remember that guy that lost his legs because the stewards kept the race going on while there was heavy fog. I would love a realistic toggle setting for AMS 2, so if any of these conditions come up with random/real weather you get a red flag. Gameplay-wise maybe a bit frustrating, haha. But rally and some rare disciplines do race on snow. Which is awesome! Spiked tyres all the way, hehe

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

If realism is your thing here is what you should do to better simulate the experience:

• Burn £500 (min) worth of currency each time you race for track insurance and fees.
    • Drive around the block for 4 hours before doing any event to simulate the journey to the track.
    • Not take part in the next race or two every time you crash into a wall and remortgage your house if you damage the car.
    • Race only in the virtus or mini because you don't have the license to race anything larger.
    • Punch yourself in the face every time you crash.
    • Spend days covered in oil and grease every time you change your setup.
    Or perhaps in those areas realism isn't quite so important, eh?

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Can't forget also any precipitation on an oval also a red flag

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

I can't believe the amount of negative nancy, do gooder, fun police we have in here. Out of the question to virtually experience something that may not happen in real life? I see. :rolleyes:
    I thought simulating virtually concepts that we can't experience in real life was part of the point. I personally enjoyed snow races in PC2 and they brought a different level of fun factor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That should be made mandatory for alien hot lapers because "rAcInG sIMuLaT0rS aRe TOO FAST".

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True, but at the same time there are better things to focus on. And those snowy conditions can be risky and make existing physics models obsolete as beyond the operating window. It would be nice to have indeed, but at the end of the development.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. DavidGossett

The RX cars and the Mitsubishi Evos were awesome in the snow on Pcars2. Cadwell Park Woodland in a blizzard with the Evo TME on ice tires was some of the most fun I've had in that title.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

I would have to bet that most of us only turn on PC2 to use something it features that none of the other sims have. AC covers a lot of ground all while having a better FFB profile and arguably better, or more believable AI than PC2.
    PC2 however gives you snow racing. Rallycross racing, and a significant amount of really cool rallycross tracks on top of that. Ice tracks. Fictional original tracks. The things that make PC2 unique are some of the features that are keeping it relevant still today. AMS2 is chiseling away at these features one by one. They've already knocked out tarmac racing. I would like to see other aspects as well and welcome it. I don't think anything they do is a "waste of time". I'm happy to see their development and what they can do with something that others didn't spend the proper amount of time to fine tune or finish for that matter.

11. Apex

Apex Active Member

I once read a sci-fi short story where gamers would pay good money to play some space shooter in an enclosed cockpit that could only be unlocked when/if the player had won. If they took a hit they'd get showered with petrol and set on fire. Now that's immersion for you right there, I guess, but on reflection I rather prefer Reiza's ways of balancing realism.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I go back to PC2 to drive the LMP900, Group C and GT1, but I also hate the way they drive there (specially the GT1s) and the FFB so I go back to AMS2 in 5 minutes these days. Anyway, arent we getting this sort of stuff like rallycross and all in the adrenaline pack next year?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. DavidGossett

Yeah, PC2 physics on some cars hasn't held up. Some cars got way more attention to detail in the handling, where others just feel bizarre. For contrast, compare the PC2 Formula A to AMS2's Formula Reiza: one has a strange tendency to lift-off oversteer at low speed, and the other feels much closer to a proper high downforce car.

As for Rallycross, it's been implied, but not officially confirmed.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Fun is encouraged. But the "negative Nancy" replies are based in the context of many of the messages and themes on this forum involving complaints that the devs haven't completed work sufficiently on some of the most important aspects of the simulator. It's not that your suggestion is out-of-line...just that with limited resources, the fantasy aspects of what is possible in AMS 2/Madness Engine aren't likely to be near the top of the priority list any time soon. If we have to pick and choose, most on here prefer the hard core sim aspects.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Turbo Granny

I think I've seen something about stadium trucks too.

16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Remember that you can have custom FFB on PC2 to make it good. I have changed the FFB and now the cars handle well

17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree.
    I am one of those who wish for snow. I think it adds variety, fun. And that's one thing I enjoyed with the RX cars in PC2. And I hope Reiza will add this "season".

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully at some point we can choose to omit certain types of weather when we use random slots. Driving Formula cars in heavy fog just isn't fun.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. Turbo Granny

I use a custom FFB in PC2 that makes the experience better, but some cars just have weird reactions and feel broken, but most are fine. The bigest grudge for me is GT1, to me the whole class feels broken.

20. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is why I like to use Real Weather and then pick a random date. The weather is much more realistic and random that way.
    We just need a Random Date option and I'll be happy!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1