1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Reiza position on modding?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Nov 28, 2022.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1. Is it legally allowed, are there any license restriction from Slightly Mad Studios/EA?
    2. Could Mods be part of low cost DLCs as a workaround and split revenues with modders?
    3. Is Reiza planning a real support of Mods (easy to install, etc...)
    4. Is have a sound plugin architecture or sound mods even technically feasible? Or is the licensing preventing Reiza from support sound Mods?

I'm guessing here, but if Reiza would fully support mods (inc sounds), it might have a shot at replacing AC.

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

In the beginning they said they wouldn't officially support modding, but they would'nt stop it either. So basically modders are on their own with what is available. However, plans and perspectives can change. I guess the engine is the biggest hurdle to implementing modding.

Stefano from Kunos once said if you're building a game engine, you need to structure it around modding if you want to support it, beacuse it's very time intensive or even impossible to retroactively implement modding into a finshed game engine.

Maybe there is an updated statement on modding in AMS2 from Reiza, or at least their stance can be reaffirmed officially.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Things i can say after my knowledge:

Modding is not prohibited and Mods like VRCs Auriel can be shared without any problems here on this platform.

(Do not share 1:1 rips or stolen content from other titles of course).

Reiza Studios can't provide any tools to modders officially but there will be no action to take genuine mods down!

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. mansell

mansell Member

lot of sims support mods (reiza's AMS included) but no one can even touch AC1
    in popularity (just yesterday did a all time peak steam record 8 years after release with more than 15000 players driving it at the same time)
    very difficult shot mate.
    a shot at replacing rF2 is easier IMO.

5. LVX

LVX New Member

I just hope to see track mods and skins for tracks in the future for AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's fair and probably sensible that Reiza should not supply "tools" to modders. However, i assume there's no contractual position that would stop Reiza providing information to help genuine teams like VRC/RSS/URD gain insight into how they might improve aspects of their modding such as audio for cars?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1