1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just realised I forgot to state what the second of the two things was, that would be giving us the ability to assign our player setup to the A.I. (at least when using identical oppenents). With those Karts at Speedland they change their gearing, if I change my gearing to suit that track and also match what they are using, Then I can accelerate at the same rate as they do then im mopre equal to them in terms of performance and side by side acceleration, but then even at 120% skill they are generally too slow. The only way I can get a challenge out of them is to keep my setup default which means my gearing is too low and i can't be side by side with them under acceleration. It would be great if they were faster in general but also on the same setup as me, that would make for some v equal side by side racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Regarding sound reflection, I compared using headphones vs. VR (Valve Index).
    In both cases, the wall reflection effects exist although, they are more obvious in VR due to the expanded sound stage of the HMD headphones.

Also worth noting, the various audio sliders require adjustment depending on one's audio configuration. So, even between two types of headphones I use, significant changes are required to achieve a similar result in regard to sound effect balancing.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. J273

J273 New Member

I've not played Ams2 in a while since they included the full course yellow. Is the FCY available on all tracks or just ovals?

I've been racing a fair bit with loads of offs and crashes but had no FCY and virtual safety even though its switched on in the menus.

Is it just ovals or on all track combos?

Thanks

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

5. J273

J273 New Member

SP

6. Tarmac Terrorist

FCY are on any track, strange you've not had one, but if ts just you thats gone off track and hit a barrier they may not have activated, think it needs to be car actually stopped on track maybe

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Just checked. If I stop in middle of track and wait for cars to come round and lap me its only if another car makes contact with me that it activates, so if you're off track by yourself it probably wont activate FCY

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Marius H

Check your settings again. Suggest to backup your AMS 2 mydocuments-folder. Delete it, verify cache in Steam, go in game, enable all the stuff again. Have some races and see if FCY triggers.

9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Before deleting everything, have you actually changed the race settings to allow FCY? I believe it is off by default.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Also be aware that FCY has some exploit countermeasures so deliberately stopping your car to have FCY triggered doesn't work that easy (important for MP).

FCY triggers reliably here, it needs to register a worthy accident so you don't get FCY each time there was a simple pit maneuver on track.

11. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

what classifies as a worthy accident? Does the game detect any debri on track for example? just out of curiosity.

12. CrimsonEminence

Cars on the roof, mass crashes and cars being very slow/standing still on track for longer time *after accidents* and so on.

Not sure about debris on track but this usually comes with mass crashes etc. anyway.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

What qualifies as a "mass crash"?

14. CrimsonEminence

Let's say more than 2 cars involved. It's not about cherrypicking the exact number though. In case of a heavy accident with big impact and a car being left on track standing still on track it can also happen with 1 car involved only (like hitting a wall etc.).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. J273

J273 New Member

Will try this, So far nothing seems to activate it. I had 2 AI cars stop on track with mechanicals and no FCY.

Maybe ill try and delete the folder in my docs and steam verify. I do have it activated in the settings.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There are two issues here.

1) Not all series have AI calibration to match the latest physics changes.

2) Karts often require a basic gearing change per track, since they have such little power/torque, especially at lower rpms. The default set-ups are per vehicle, not per vehicle/track combination.

So, for the time being, assume you need to check and potentially change the gearing in a kart if you want any kind of competitive performance. And, we await further AI calibrations, which are an ongoing endeavour sometimes, but not always, mentioned in the official change logs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I think AI is the best right now, attacking, defending, some races are incredibile. the only thing that remains is their tendency to clusterize..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is their pit strategy like on multi stop races?

19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just kicked my brand spanking new 7700X and RTX 4090 PC in the guts last night. Can't wait to install and configure AMS2 to see how it runs with this new beast.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Marius H

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1