1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is AMS2 okay with AMD Graphics Cards?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by David Vickery, Nov 28, 2022.

1. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all,
    I'm hoping to upgrade my PC soon. I've normally gone with NVidia cards (currently a 980), but they seem to have royally messed up the release of 4000 series cards. I was hoping to get an end of line 3080Ti but they've disappeared in the UK. 4080 cards are too expensive so I'm left wondering whether to wait for a 4070 or if AMD cards are offering better value for money.
    I don't play any games except racing sims, and almost exclusively AMS2.
    Any advice is gladly received.
    Thanks.

2. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

Apologies, just realised this is in the wrong forum.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorted :)

Btw. AMD makes good GPUs, i personally think they've more driver issues but there is of course lots of value for money, no question. I don't have enough in-depth knowledge to tell you what works better but some benchmarks research will give you answers. In general though AMS2 supports AMD cards of course.

4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was planning on buying a Nvidia as well. But those prices.... In another thread I learned that AMS2 doesn't support raytracing. So if you just play AMS2 it doesn't matter that the raytracing performance of AMD is not the best. I will watch what AMD will release the 13th of december (performance and price wise) and then I will decide.

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you don't need Raytracing you can just go AMD fine. They make great GPU's, as well as CPU's. Nvidia has became a little bit greedy with their prices, due the mining-craziness, etc. Raytracing is just a gimmick for now. Only a couple of games has it. DLLS and FideltyFX are more interesting for gaming. If you can snag up a 3070, 3070 TI, 3080 for cheap I would say go ahead.