1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, that's why I tested the skins without a custom AI file to get rid of that possibility, and even without it the game loads 3 of the same car, just with different names. Dunno if there is some kind of issue with the fv10 gen1 that's causing double liveries even when below the livery amount with custom liveries.

2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Here's a help post I put together to run through most of that...

AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

I believe you maybe talking about the DPi where the outer shell disappears and you can see all of the modelled internals... If it's not the DPi take a screen and place it in the bug report thread... Because that's definitely a bug... It is working on other cars I've tested but I've tested only a handful...

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alain Prost 1991 Marketing photo - Copy.jpg
    Alain Prost 1991

• Like Like x 13
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Just gave it a try with the 1997 liveries. Works like a charm. No double liveries. I did not mask/delete the car I was driving within my custom AI file, as it is not necessary anymore since update to 1.4.2. There must be something wrong with your files. Team name in the AI file must be exactly the same as in the xml in the vehicles folder.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Mazdaspeed

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know, will check later and reinstall the liveries. The strange thing is, all the names are correct and all the liveries appear in the game, its just that in one race I have 2 Irvine and in another 2 Panis and so on, so that tells me the team names are correct, otherwise the game would load a generic name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah shiny things make me happy haha. First try at a whole pack, all feels very experimental but enjoying seeing them in game. Paired with a custom ai file which makes the whole field prone to a fair few mistakes... Its beautiful racing chaos and I love it
    ss195053.jpg
    ss190019.jpg
    ss192012.jpg
    ss183235.jpg
    ss191210.jpg
    ss184707.jpg
    ss190506.jpg

ss185159.jpg ss192732.jpg
    ss185546.jpg
    ss200553.jpg
    Just wish Reiza could give us more control over the replay camera so we could make some videos - moving image shows off the chrome and metallic effects so well (plus this game is beautiful)

• Like Like x 4
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Be sure to set number of opponents to 21, unless you do not have driver names for the orange McLaren testcars.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Mazdaspeed

Unfortunately the problem still persists, dunno what it is, deleted and reinstalled both the custom liveries and ai file and still having the same problem no matter the number of opponents. Oh well, time to move on, thanks for the help!

9. Scar666

Nice work!!!

That Smarties car looks awesome...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Rob Thompson re: the weird alignment/overlap on the helmets - it seems that even the default CART helmets in game are misaligned - so it seems it's not just the Blender preview, it's the way the skin template is mapped to the helmet:
    default 1.png default 2.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks man! A little off in places with alignment but will sort and share soon I think!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SimRacinSam

SimRacinSam New Member

White helmets...I'm racing the F-USA Gen 1 1995 car set. All the cars have plain white driver helmets. Is there a way to have the default Reiza helmet colours on a custom car set?

13. Scar666

You'll have to rip the default helmets out of the game and add them to the overrides manually currently... But the default helmets do not fit the in game helmet model anymore so even the Fittipaldi helmet looks wrong...

Good news for fans of that mod there's a group of us upgrading it to HD car liveries and adding helmets...
    [AMS2] CART 1995 Season

• Like Like x 3
  14. SimRacinSam

SimRacinSam New Member

Thanks - I've noticed that and may hold on for the full 1995 update before getting into manual overrides etc.

15. Scar666

Even in bit by bit form it's going to give you less white helmets without overriding or breaking anything we haven't upgraded as we aren't changing the file format of the original... The only things that will change are certain one off cars will be replaced by full series cars but we are upgrading the one offs as well and will provide xml files to swap between...

Sadly every single skin mod has been effected by white helmets or the same glitched helmet in modern categories...

• Like Like x 1
  16. iksmean

iksmean Member

• Like Like x 10
  17. Scar666

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Is there any plans to implement a command to separate the high and low downforce variant skins overrides for the 962c?
    The way it's now it's impossible to make a skin since the templates dont align anywhere... or am I missing something?

19. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Rob Thompson

• Like Like x 1
  20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Riccardo Patrese 1991 Show.jpg

Riccardo Patrese 1991

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1