1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Erik G

Erik G New Member

They probably do get suspension damage but they work around it, much like "AI" does in other sims, by ignoring it and carry on unaffected, as if nothing happened.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could also be on purpose, I remember in GTR2 the AI would slow a lot during the race because of damage from racing each other. If the AI had damage equal to us they wouldnt last a lap :confused:. I agree that they are a little too tough at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

These cones mean business.

4. Nubio Henrique Freitas

Nubio Henrique Freitas Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone managed to get the Custom AI Drivers working on the DPi after the recent updates?
    I noticed that only the AI drivers created by Reiza appear.

5. Mazdaspeed

Working fine on my end. They added 2 more liveries and the skin pack has 15, so be sure to not select more than 14 opponents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

7. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Wasn’t sure if I had missed anything DPi-driver related in the recent update, so I fired up a race to make sure my AI file was still working okay and that I hadn’t missed any extra grid spots. All DPi drivers seem to be present and accounted for.

For what it’s worth, I can easily generate a complete set of AI files, based on my names-only mod, that also includes lines for custom attributes. If anyone out there would like a set as a convenient starting basis to manipulate individual attributes and livery names further, just let me know and I’ll throw it together.

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. Mazdaspeed

That would be quite helpful for those of us that are not too versed in XML and such, thanks!

9. Pwal

Pwal New Member

I'm doing shorter races (14-15 laps) and to get a good attrition rate, I use negative reliability values ranging from -0.2 to -2.0. With the Retro Gen 2, I get from 4 to 12 retirements in a race, depending on the track. So the system works.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Samster

Samster New Member

F-USA Gen 1 Reliability values...I've spent many hours trying to get approx 25% mechanical retirements (roughly as it was during 1995) on a 1 hour race distance. But with little success. I'm using values between 0.5 and 0.8. Does anybody have any numbers that work for this type of car/ race length?

11. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd guess you'd need to go lower than that. Mechanical failures are not time-scaled, so if you are running 1 hour races with F-USA_Gen 1, even with a figure of 0.0 the car should last 50 minutes on average without a failure, as I understand it. At 1.0 they should last 1000 minutes.

In my own file (intended for full-length races) the values I currently use range from 0.4 to 1.35 (based on 1995 data) - but I haven't tested it enough yet to tell you how well it is working.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Samster

Samster New Member

Thanks!

13. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am having an issue with two custom files for DPi and GTE not working correctly. They sometimes pick up a couple drivers, but it is inconsistent at best.

Example I am trying to do is a race at Road America. I have 5 DPi AI, 6 GTE AI, but they don't all show up even though I manual edit the grid to be 5 DPi, 6 GTE, and 22 GT3. I am a GT3 driver as well so there shouldn't be an issue with me driving one of these AI cars. Files are attached in case I did something wrong with them.

Edit: Found a solution. It seems because I didn't have AI assigned for GT3 it messed with DPi and GTE so by assigning AI to GT3 the problem has been resolved.

Attached Files:

• GTE.xml
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
    • DPI.xml
      File size:
      3.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  14. Marg

Marg Active Member

I found at last, after a long period of testing! in USA Gen-2 I use reliability in range -1.5 to -4.0 !!! That works! But for F1 1991 I use values in range -0.05 (Senna) to -0.6 (Comas, Modena), because they are less reliable cars. But it's for 30 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to pester, but i've read, read and re read that first page and again, if i go to create a GT1 file I add the livery name (Steve Soper for example), i then add another (Zonta) and another (Webber), but when i race i'll go in and those 3 cars that i've added all wont appear and its random too. One race i'll have two duplicate Mark Webbers, then in another race two duplicate Steve Soper's - and that is with only 3 opponents. I really dont see what i'm doing incorrectly, i've got valid livery names, i've got all xml files pointing in the correct locations, im totally at a loss...is this something that anyone else is encountering?

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I have a set with 30 custom liveries and drivers for GT1 and it works without any issue.

17. Brett Nagle

If you only have 3 custom AI then you have to set the number of AI at equal or less than that total number. If you want a full grid you have to create an AI for each spot on the grid.

18. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I appreciate the feedback but even if i race with less than 3 i get doubles. Its honestly - bewildering. I've been out of the loop with what Reiza are planning to do, are there any plans to make a standalone program such as they did with their championship season builder they made for AMS 1? This is a rather convoluted way of doing this.

19. Brett Nagle

Can you attach your file so we can look at it?

20. Mazdaspeed

I had a similar problem with the 1997 F1 skins, the culprit was the symbol "&" in the Jordan team name, eliminating it in the overrides solved the issue. Maybe you have some symbol causing issues?

• Agree Agree x 1