1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TekNeil, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Racer63

Racer63 Member

G923 here and a bit offtopic:

I hadn't fired up AMS2 since past middle week and yesterday I found ffb broken, no steering resistance at all and virtual wheel moving very slow on screen.

Suspecting of last GHub update last friday or saturday. There was no change in any wheel setting or in game and it works ok with other sims.

Have you had any problem?

2. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i have a G29 with last GHub and, apart usual clutch / throttle inversion (every beta updated i got this trouble) , it's all ok for me.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

When people quote the settings in that manner, it is to match the menu in the game from top to bottom in that order.

4. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Hi all, Logitech users!
    G27 here.
    I always search a better FFB.
    My settings in game are:
    Gain: 38 (low forces to prevent overheating)
    LFB :59
    FX :50
    Damping : 50
    Menu spring . 0

Attached: my FFB CUSTOM settings, started from a very good base named

rFuktor 5.0.1.4-experimental5 - By Karsten with Shadak, Panos, I've tweaked for my personal taste.

And below my logitech settings.
    Hope it's useful
    :)

Attached Files:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Hi again.
    News and good ( for me) results.
    With these settings I feel the track, curbs, brake power, gear change. I adjust to low the FFB settings per car in the Box menu. ( example F1 gen 2 @66%) too much force make little forces dead and the wheel has less feeling.
    If anyone want to try this hope his feelings are better than before with the old file.

I've "normalized" logitech wheel general settings and tweaked a little bit the same custom file I've posted above.

In game settings:

Gain: 38
    LFB :59
    FX :50
    Damping: 10
    Menu spring strenght: 0

upload_2022-6-2_17-27-1.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Hi all!
    I'm here with some news.
    I tweaked a little bit since the previous version: erasing the "Jaw" effect and tweaking some value in the Kart section.
    No changes in other wheel logitech parameters, and in game settings.

Here the file for your try :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros New Member

Any updates? I have the G923

8. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Question to G27 owners: do you use the yaw effect in the custom ffb? You like it? I am still trying to improve the feel of the FFB with the G27 and I hope the setup is also compatible with the other Logitech wheels after the G27. I have found that putting the rotation value in the logitech panel at 900 degrees gives me a feeling of delayed response, as if I turn the wheel and the car responds with a small delay. So I tried to reduce the degrees of rotation from the logitech panel, leaving the other values untouched. I came up with a good compromise with 650 degrees. Now the car responds to the steering right away and I have better force feedback. I then modified the FFB custom by eliminating any voice related to the Yaw effect because I think these low end wheels cannot support a large number of inputs. maybe i could be wrong, but the feelings i felt after making these changes are very good. In the force Feedback panel of the sim I just increased the damping, bringing it to 15. I am attaching my current custom FFB file.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This file is very good.

10. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Happy to read this azaris.
    :) :) :) :)

11. Racer63

Racer63 Member

Well a bit offtopic but on the same g923 wheel. I could never assign look left and look right to wheel buttons. From a few previous versions of AMS2 onward. It doesnt work.

12. Fernando Alves Souto

Fernando Alves Souto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 force feedback sucks if it wouldn't have 300 pages of attempts to improve. I think if I just change the engine it will be fine

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All games have their own FFB characteristics, and the ones that are most liked are the ones where the user is allowed to fully tweak them to their liking. Sort of like the most popular games are the ones that allow mod's. And you don't even have to get into tweaking if you don't want to, just select a few of the files that others have already made until you find one that suits you.
    Or, you could just change the engine.... whatever that means.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Dear Logitech users.
    After trying settings refinements in an amazing race tonight with the Thunderflash FIA GT1s on the 1971 Nordshleife, I'm here to share them, hope it helps.
    I modified the custom FFB again and made it more incisive in the force feedback when cornering.
    Below I put the values I have in the logitech panel and in the sim.

In the panel of wheel "configuration" the

"steering sensitivity" is 48 (this make the steering more reactive and direct)

In the panel Force feedback
    gain. 39 ( I dont want stress the wheel's engines)
    Low force boost: 59
    FX: 45
    Damping: 30
    Menu spring strenght: 0

Attachment: my logitech settings in the windows panel ( I set 602 degrees of rotation because seems to me the steering wheel is more reactive avoiding the understeering feel)

And last attachment is my new FFB custom.
    If you want, enjoy!
    :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Racer63

Racer63 Member

I'm still with the same wheel and the same problem. Look left or right assignments don't work even with new created settings. Anyone has this problem? I use R2 and L2 buttons could that be the problem?

• Like Like x 1
  16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I, too, have been frustrated with this sim at times, but with respect, I don't think the force feedback in AMS2 is really the culprit. First it was the physics, then the differential, then it was the tires ... once Reiza sort out the remaining tire issues, etc. across all vehicles (hopefully starting initially with V1.5), the remaining oddities ought to get ironed out.

Honestly, the FFB profiles provided by Reiza in AMS2 are not that much different than the Pure & Pure+Effects options in the original Automobilista. There isn't anything mindblowingly complex about a kingpin-axis steering force model and an array of additional, related effects. The AMS2 profiles just feel so different because its taken so long for Reiza to come to grips with the Madness engine, its SEMA tire model, etc. Their workrate and persistence has been quite impressive, all things considered.

My additional thoughts on the matter [updated to include AMS2 V1.5 information] can be found here. I spent a lot of time developing and finalizing a robust and repeatable methodology that anyone can use to find optimal settings for all three Reiza FFB profiles in AMS2. I have also compiled a collection of the community's custom-FFB files (e.g., rFuktors and the like), just in case someone ultimately does not connect for Reiza's approach to FFB and wants to try something different.

By the way, Logitech G25/G27 users might find the following excerpt interesting:

According to Reiza's recommendations, "Logitech G29 & G923 users should set the centering force in G HUB to 20. By the same reasoning, though not explicitly stated in the post, G25 & G27 users should set their profiler centering force to 10%, as recommended in the original Automobilista User Guide (p.34). Of note, Reiza's G25 profile from Automobilista sets Force Feedback Strength at 100 and FFB Low Force Boost at 60, which are identical to the Gain and LFB values now recommended for AMS2".

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. wiegraf

wiegraf New Member

Thanks for these settings! The inputs are a big improvement and I am getting meaningful feedback from my g25, even if it is a bit slight.

I also adjusted the centering force as John Ellis suggested and it does help in the mid corner.

However, I noticed that there is ZERO feedback when going over curbs. Is this normal or did I make a mistake with installation? I put the ffb_custom_settings.txt file in the main AMS2 folder and set up the logitech profiler and in game settings as in your screenshots. Thanks for your efforts!

18. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

With any of the the Reiza FFB profiles, you should definitely feel the kerbs, just as you would feel any other undulations in the road (i.e., up/down suspension movement = right/left steering rack torque). That 1 degree of freedom holds for all Reiza profiles, although the Default & Default+ profiles apparently augment the Basic steering rack model with some additional vibrational road/kerb noise.

As for additional, kerb-specific feedback delivered by any custom FFB file, it all depends on the particular settings within the file used.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  19. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Hi wiegraf!
    I've reduce some curb effects because with my G27 i feel them too high.

Try to manage these values in FFB custom file:

# Main dials
    #

(master_rack 0.89) #Rack and road scale.
    (master_road 0.64) #Road bumps, details and suspension
    (master_effects 1.22) #Effects scale.

Or
    these:
    #
    # Road features settings
    #

(texture_scale 1.0)
    (micro_bumps_scale 0.5)
    (kerbs_surface_scale 1.0)
    (kerb_bump_scale 1.0) #How big the tall curb bumps are.
    (micro_bumps_smooth 0.008)
    (kerbs_surface_smooth 0.03)
    (rear_bump_scale 0.35)
    (suspension_scale 0.30)

Change ONLY ONE PARAMETER at a time and try the effect on the wheel.
    So you can adjust by your taste the feeling.

:) :) :)

20. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Hi everyone.
    Just to update the status after 1.5
    I made small changes to the custom FFB file, especially for the resistance in the center (weak point of Logitech)
    The setting in the game has changed little.
    While from the Logitech control panel everything is as before.
    For each type of car I keep the FFB around 50-55
    .I think that too much steering wheel force misses the details of the other minor forces related to wheel contact with the track

Below are the changes
    Gain : 40
    Low-force Boost: 60
    FX: 46
    Damping: 20

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3