1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I bet people would drive a bit more cautiously like in real life if they used this

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hahaha! I laughed my tits off when I saw the one with the horse!:D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

Sounds plausible this could be him. I remember him talking about how many times you'd go airborne during one lap of The Green Hell and how F1 cars fly surprisingly well but don't always land too well.

4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the whole "nose up over jumps" debate. From what I saw at SOFR, a lot of the high aero cars did tend lift a bit over jumps. Even some of the cars with just a small front splitter and some minor rear aero tended to do it as well.

IMG_9297.jpg IMG_9193.jpg

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Thats a very, very different kettle of fish!

6. DavidGossett

True, I just found it interesting seeing how 50+ cars flew (or didn't) compared to each other.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

In regard to jumps, there's more going on than just aero influence. Is the car under heavy acceleration, deceleration or somewhere in between when it takes flight? How is the car weighted? etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Jump in rallye you want the front a little more up in the air during a jump so the rear absorbs the most and then the front. To spare the engine. If the front goes first then the impact will be too much, and it can also lead to losing control of the far. You first brake before the jump a bit, and then throttle all the way. In Nord I tend to brake before that scary jump and then throttle all the way too retain my grip again and take the double right corner with ultimate throttle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

So, if a Caterham can fly, I wonder if....

Yes, all four! :cool: ss205129-Exposure.jpg

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

WoW... but do you set low level fuel? :D

11. Demeisen

giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I like to take the Stadium trucks in AMS1 for a drive every once in a while, to get some airtime. Having the right technique at launch makes a really big difference with the landing and control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes its these little differences and details which make it all so interesting!

14. Tarmac Terrorist

Bloody heck! The heaviest vehicle in the game and you got air! Makes me wonder how much air I'd get in a superkart, to go to the other end of the extreme!

15. Tarmac Terrorist

Talking of karts, I've been taking to finishing off my server streams with a session in the karts (The GX930 to be exact). I hardly ever mention these as age's ago I tried karts in VR and it was a blast but they just felt a bit off. Im using them more and more now as of recent revisions like this from the patch notes:

They are feeling bloody brilliant! And by heck do we have a damn good laugh in them (by that I mean they are fun, but certainly interesting enough to take seriously aswell!). Wish the A.I. were faster with them but thats another story.

Anyway, its lead me to start exploring the kart tracks and well, what an untapped world of wealth they are! There is one in particular thats a bit wider than most of them and it got me thinking of another lesser seen vehicle in the multiplayer, so I put the two together and I swear, I think we found one of the most fun combos in the sim!
    And even though you would'nt think the A.I. would work well with this combo, cause I guess its not a combo Reiza would spend much time calibrating (as they're not really designed for each other), turns out they do, really pretty well (can't beat it in multiplayer with real drivers though!)

So I put together a little video of a few of us giving it a go! Put one hell of a smile on my face!

Back to the karts though, they really are so much better than before, and from what i've experienced IRL karts, they really do the job!

• Like Like x 2
  16. DavidGossett

Yes, acceleration/deceleration right before the jump is more important than aero. What I specifically was talking about was some cars tendency to drop the rear instead of the typical "nose down" characteristic of 80% of the cars that took that same jump. In this case there was an almost flat corner maybe 200m before the jump. What I noticed was 5-6 of those cars did tend to lift the nose solely based off of aero factors. Block's Hyundai was the most dramatic about this, landing pretty heavily on the left rear.

Weight distribution definitely has a part to play in it, an OG RX-7 landed hard nose down (with I believe a V8 engine swap, RIP the guy who drove it, he was involved in a crash with a semi a few months later).

IMG_9406 (1).jpg

I didn't catch the worse landing, but some absolute Chad in a WRX nearly sent the thing as far as the factory team, completely collapsed his suspension, had the rear wing fly off the car, and landed so hard the thing nearly stood up.

There's tricks you can do to make sure the car lands flatter, but I noticed the factory Subaru's, Hyundai WRC, and a few R5 spec cars all had a slight pitch backward mid air. Whether this is just from harder acceleration before the jump than the lower spec runners, purely from aero, or a combination, idk.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. DavidGossett

The little ARC is a gem. I haven't ever had a boring race with them.

18. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

@CrimsonEminence

I didn't know where to post or ask this... And you are usually pretty quick with responses, which I thank you for...

But why were the numbers for the Gen 1 CART cars chosen in such a weird way?

There's not enough slots to represent the 1995 Indy 500 yet there's numbers for cars that only appeared at that race or only in a handful of races, 2 of those Indy one offs don't even have their engine represented...

With corresponding tyres it makes it hard to represent a proper road course or the 500...

Are there plans to add more livery slots in the future for the Gen 1 CART cars?

19. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive been enjoying racing stadium trucks at Eastern Creek (SMSP) over jumps in Grid Legends, hoping all this talk of jumping means Reiza will bring dirt and jumps to AMS2... and we finally get SMSP and Sydney in a good sim engine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Demeisen

The insane Silvia s15 Rocket Bunny edition Mod just appeared on the PCMT site, but...can it pass the Caterham test?

Yes, it can!
    ss030954-Exposure.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1