1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Miata13b

Miata13b New Member

This worked pretty good for me. Thank you for that. I made some adjustments in the PitHouse software to adjust a little more to my likings, but this was a great start.

Now here is the question, in a straight line are you getting a "non audio clicking feeling going left and right in the wheel base"? I have been and have done a lot to tune it out. I can not get rid of it and I want to say it lands somewhere in the ABS Frequency. It is almost like the brakes are pulsating down the straight but no signs that the brake is being applied. Sorry for the vague explaination of what my R9 is doing.

2. gixxerovios

gixxerovios New Member

After an older update some cars are producing a weird vibration/scrubbing effect, even on the straights. For example from Group C, only the Porsche does not have this. My settings are Gain 65 Fx 30 and LF 2.

Anyone know what is this and how can i get rid of it?

BTW i have a TS PC...

3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I would say your FX is pretty high for a start . Which ffb are you using ?
    If it's the default or default+ they are very high on the track texture details, maybe try a few of the custom ffb files until you find something you like.
    You could also increase dampening in the game ffb options , that would help smooth out some of the details.

4. gixxerovios

gixxerovios New Member

I use the default...
    Thanks for the recommendations i will try to increase damping and see how it feels.
    The thing is that it is not happening in all cars...

5. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any user with an alpha base? Do you use any mechanical effect? (Friction, dynamic damping, mechanical damp... Etc)

Im on 100% force, 7 suspension, 0 smoothing, 45% gain in-game and 30 damping ingame. It feels better if I put some damping on wheel (15-30). But Idk wich damping option use, if the wheel or the ingame setting.

What does suspension means?

Ah, and one thing I want to say, the force feedback in this game coming from a TMX, chanches drastically and I can feel the rubber with the asfalt. Is ****ing awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it must be a very different experience for some, I upped my FX lately to get some track texture and engine vibrations feeling back into my Default FFB. I also experience a lot of movement visible over bumps but absolute not appearing in my FFB feeling.
    It differs per car, but I would like a bit more road and engine feel.

7. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great to hear it helped you on your way. I was struggling, so I decided to share my settings like a base point.
    I would say that you are feeling the small bumps in the road (or texture). If this is not what you mean, then I don't recognize that feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miata13b

Miata13b New Member

I would agree that it is the textures of the road, but really the only way to describe it is like what having rubber build up on a tire during a race which causes small vibrations throughout the chassis of the car which magnify as time goes on throughout a race. I guess, it is too much detail of that one texture. It typically falls in the 20 to 30Hz frequencies from what I noted, but it is not a miscalibrated or hung brake pedal either.

9. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks mate. These setting helped me make my wheel come alive!

10. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

GENERAL
    FFB: fixed potentially denormalized value in low pass filter of FFB script; Added missing specialized stats for Low Downforce & Oval variants
    Shared Memory: Added FCY state.

Hello Domagoy or someone from Reiza! Fixed low pass filter of FFB script? Is this the elimination of the grainy feel and grinding? FCY state added? What do you mean with that? Thank you for your reply

11. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

can we please get a seperate slider for lateral g forces please? i want more lat g's in default profile without adding in a bunch of useless vibrations etc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone with a logitech wheel have trueforce working? Cant seem to get it to work on my logitech dd wheel.

13. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Sadly, no. It m ight have gotten better with some cars, but I could just be placebo'ing myself.

It's so that external dashboard systems like SimHub can detect and display a Full Course Yellow when it happens.

14. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Thanks for your answer

15. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

Nope, I didn't understand how to make it work, although one of the developers claimed that it was supported "out of the box" and should work.

16. latexyankee

latexyankee New Member

How come most of you are posting in game settings but leaving out menu spring strength? Im new.

17. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Menu spring doesnt do anything but straighten the wheel when youre in the menus. It doesnt matter at all

18. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Are the recommended settings for the SC2 Sport also recommended for the SC2 Pro?

19. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

So I have a moza r5 bundle coming anyone got good setup

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Having owned and used both SC2 Sport and Pro models, I found the settings to be similar but, not exactly transferable 1:1. The extra range of the SC2 Pro will likely mean somewhat different settings from the Sport but, the same overall tuning approach can be applied in either case.