1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think is the most significant reason AMS2 userbase is so small?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Because we want for Reiza to don't bankrupt, for AMS2 to get improved for all over the years and for AMS3 to be developed in the best way that Reiza want to.

You are overreacting to a joke about a videogame and I don't need to acknowledge shhht because it wasn't the point of my post. You are just being bhurt because I pointed something that I took as negative about a game that you like AND I DID IT JUST TO ILLUSTRATE A POINT that is purely about AMS2 (we are posting in a AMS2 forum, not an ACC, if you didn't realized it).

PS: When you took a discussion like this soo dmn personal, it's you that is toxic... because we were just talking about simulators, and them here comes you pointing fingers to another user just because of my opinion about a ffkkng game.

2. mansell

mansell Member

renato himself says that reiza doing very well financialy (and i believe him) and small player base all those years didn't stop the development and the growth of AMS2.

do you really think that low popularity may hurt the future of AMS2 single player? cause renato said otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seriously I do my research and I can tell you that what they change from track to track has nothing to do with BOP which is normally adjusted via power, tank size and ballast. This is not what changes from track to track in ACC.
    There is anyway no need to hate ACC (which as I said has a great deal of positive sides) to see that their physics is canned and at times even go against real physics of vehicles if someone knows about it (from tires, to TC/ABS and other things). On the other side ACC being 1:1 with real world physics is almost a religion for the army of ACC fanboys that can never be questioned even when the fakes are pretty blatant.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Every time a contractor or a client ask me about how I am (no matter in what sense) the answer is always "very fine, sir".

I really believe that FOR NOW Reiza is doing fine, but things change unconceivable fast and way larger gamming companies gone broke in a blink of an eye... a sad large list, to be less unprecise and without counting studios as Slight Mad, that were murdered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Exactly ^^^

6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I have shelved AMS2 by now in the same category as BeamNG. One of that projects that will never ever be really done and complete.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Being left out in the cold, where a lot of people place it in the same category as unfinished physics projects as people have stated in this thread isn't good for the future of AMS2 single player...

Bad word of mouth about the lack of features, cars and tracks to fully represent series will continue to be problems without the boon and solid future that a solid MP core would guarantee...

The lack of SP features will give the new releases over 2023-2024 the chance to steal the thunder that Reiza could have with their physics model matched with a MP experience that is at least on par with the current competition...

Given the state of MSGS and their licences it's very possible they could all be up for grabs soon, and if the sim racing market is positive or negative about a sim even if it isn't out yet will make a large difference as to where they go...

8. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i thought it was pretty common knowledge that ams2 has poor player numbers because it has a terrible mp experience

on the other hand look at ACC, it has a terrible SP experience with horendously bad ai yet is still miles more popular than ams2 because it has a polished multiplayer experience with dedicated servers, entry lists, pratcially bug free mp experience and also TEAM RACING(whcih is huge for popularity)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with these sorts of threads is that people just say what they want to see and thinks everyone else also wants that.

All we can see is that over time the number of players is moving in the right direction on steamcharts (albeit quite slowly). Reiza will have more information about how people play their game and what features/content offer the best return on investment.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

11. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Is there a way too see the #’s in the past

12. Mhad

There is.

The last 3 months have been the first with over 300 average players in a row. So it looks like the updates are keeping more people each time. Peak is about 600-700 a day. Usually about 8-10pm GMT.

13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

No, the most active time is evening in Europe. Currently everybody is at work. Weekend peaks currently are around 700 players, weekdays peaks around 500. It's been relatively stable for the past months, and overall there are more people playing than last year, going by the averages.
    Automobilista 2 - Steam Charts

You also have to account for players who use the Beta version, which isn't counted here, and isn't available in Steam Charts. Maybe @CrimsonEminence can shaed some light on the Beta player numbers?

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Ettore

Users numbers take a dip this time of the year. Same you can see with ACC
    upload_2022-12-7_6-20-25.png

16. Mhad

Another issue with steamcharts is that for >6months ago it uses peak players instead of average which is why you see that big drop from May.

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's also summer on the Southern Hemisphere, so people go out instead of sweating in their rig :D

18. Ettore

And that is without a real focus for MP... Imagine what a proper focus on competition servers and a reliable MP platform could do to those 500 people peak

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This ^^^
    here are the 8pm euro prime time numbers.. (my guess is mostly single players)
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.12.07 - 12.01.15.13.jpg and here, one of the 'other games' lol with solid MP
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.12.07 - 12.01.59.05.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Here's another game with heavy MP focus and even VLM e-Sports credentials:
    upload_2022-12-7_21-27-4.png

As little as I care for MP, it definitely helps, if even a little, bit I'm sure AMS2 could beat rF2 no problem. In ACC's case, it of course also helps to focus on one of the most popular category of racing, having an official partnership with one of the biggest promoters of that category and therefore having tons of marketing and advertisment at their events and two prominently placed stickers on every car.

Another one, not sure how much of that is MP. Maybe a fleshed out SP campaign (and a famous category) helps as well:
    upload_2022-12-7_21-29-54.png

• Agree Agree x 2