1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT DD PRO binding problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Cully, Jan 8, 2022.

1. WesBrook77

WesBrook77 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, I found a workaround. Joy2Key does work, but a default option needs to be adjusted. Under "Options", find "Number of buttons to configure", and adjust this value to max (128). The coloured hat switches register in high numbers (around and after 90 or so). Assign your preferred keys in AMS2 and map these also within Joy2Key, or vice-versa.

2. Mattias DM

Mattias DM New Member

just want to add that I have the same issue, can't assign the colored sticks to anything in AMS2. Can do it in ACC/AC/RF2/RRRE/iracing ...

3. belh4wk

belh4wk New Member

Can confirm; unable to map the coloured hat-switches on the CSL GT DD wheel.

Also, can anyone tell me, do I need to run the base/wheel in comp mode or PC mode?

I love AMS2 when it works, but getting it to work properly is wonky :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

PC mode works fine; the issue with the four hat switches (or whatever they are called) remains though.

This is just guesswork, but I wonder could it be as simple as AMS2 having an arbitrary limit on the number of controller buttons recognised. As someone above mentioned, these 20 buttons on the GT wheel are (for some unfathomable reason) registered as buttons 89 though 108 (even though it does not make use of any number between 23 and 88 as far as I can tell).

Is there any other wheel/controller that uses assignments numbered that high to either to either disprove or support that theory?

• Like Like x 1
  5. belh4wk

belh4wk New Member

Thanks for the reply; not sure if that would be a root-cause, but it kinda does make sense from a dev standpoint, either way, I hope Reiza fix this with a next patch; kind of annoying that it used to work but now doesn't anymore :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. belh4wk

belh4wk New Member

Anyone find a solution yet that doesn't require 3rd party software?

No luck for me so far.

7. jusk

No. I've also raised a bug report about it over here.

8. belh4wk

belh4wk New Member

sweet, thanks dude

9. Balamacab

Balamacab Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, September 2022 and the issue still happening.
    Could be the number of USB buttons in the GT DD PRO? AMS cant map rone than X number of USB buttons?
    In my case all the Playstation buttons works but not the colored pads; and those maps as button USB 90 and up...

• Like Like x 1
  10. jusk

Yep, still no change on this afaik. Would be nice to be able to map all the extra stuff to the wheel like weight jacker, ARBs, brake balance, etc - still having to use keyboard for a lot of stuff.

11. Mattias DM

Mattias DM New Member

I found a solution when installing Project Cars 2 last week :) It's related to Steam Controller settings. Go into steam to settings, disable all steam controller input. Try again.
    if it doesn't work after that, also remove your controller file in \Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\..some numbers...\automobilista 2\profiles
    default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav (or make a new controller profile).

Step 2 won't work without step 1 fyi ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. jusk

Hi Mattias - I am very interested in your solution, but can't seem to get it to work! I also have a Steam Controller, so this seems a very plausible cause.

When you say "disable all steam controller input" in Steam settings, where exactly do you mean? I can't see an option to do this in the main steam settings 'Controller' tab. Maybe I am missing something?

If I right click on AMS2 in my library and go to properties/controller, I can 'Disable Steam Input' as an override for AMS2, but it still shows "Steam Controller - Enabled, always required" down below, so I'm not sure if that is effective.

I tried that, along with deleting the profile file, but it still does not work for me. Could you provide any extra info? Are you using the Fanatec CSL-DD profile in game? Or Custom? Are you using PC or Compatibility mode on the Fanatec base? I've tried a few different combos but no luck so far.

Thanks for your help!

13. Mattias DM

Mattias DM New Member

Right click game -> properties -> controller -> Disable Steam Input (OVERRIDE FOR AMS2)
    and yes steam controller will say enabled, the other ones will all be disabled

wheel settings:
    - pc mode
    - User set control preset with FANATEC CSL DD SPEARATE PEDALS selected as model

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. jusk

Thanks for clarifying - but this does not work for me for some reason :confused:

15. Mattias DM

Mattias DM New Member

:( hope you find a solution eventually...

• Like Like x 1
  16. belh4wk

belh4wk New Member

Didn't work for me either :( got my hopes up for a sec though!

17. crimsonregency

crimsonregency Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also like to confirm I'm also having issues with my Fanatec GT wheel, none of the 4 colored five way switches are working with AMS2, although they work just fine with every other sim racing game. It's a bummer losing 20 inputs.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jusk

Yeah, I tried various resetting/rebinding things again recently but still no joy unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  19. belh4wk

belh4wk New Member

Indeed; same here; still no luck; and i refuse using 3rd party software/tools to get it working again. it was working fine shortly after the release of the wheel, then 1.3 came along and it broke.

20. mike49

mike49 New Member

Any solution to this yet? I'm also not able to map the inputs an my GT DD Pro Wheel.

Very sad as this has already worked before but with newest update there is no chance to map the buttons.