Automobilista - March 2017 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 1, 2017.

1. iRaptor

iRaptor New Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesomenews, I had a bit of a break with sim racing in general so I'll defo get the update ASAP !

I have a question though, something that might be a bit foolish is that you guys plan to introduce the new turbo model on the F1 2017 car. But the turbos and MGU unit are made in a way that allow for absolutely no turbo lag. So that would be a bit useless for this car, wouldn't it ?

I would definitely enjoy an explanation about how we are supposed to feel the new turbo model on that car and how it would compare with the actual one :)

2. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As I understand current racing hybrid systems to work it would basically be around the power delivery. The current Formula Extreme effectively is putting out full hybrid power at all times hence why that car's torque is insanely high and it's so hard to put the power down compared to the Formula Reiza. With a properly modelled MGU system you could effectively just use the engine power on initial corner exit then have the MGU power come in once you're happy the car's stable. That's the basics as I understand them anyway.

There's also issues of managing stored energy and strategy questions around when and how to deploy it that you get if you drive the 2016 Ferrari F1 car in Assetto Corsa or the McLaren MP4-30 in iRacing I believe. So for the Formula Hybrid (to put another potential name forward) the MGU modelling would be more noticable than the turbo from a driving perspective even though there's a turbo in there as well.

3. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Name ideas; Formula Downforce, Formula Aero,

4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Now. :)

5. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

Formula Hybrid

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Uff

Uff New Member

Thanks for looking into adding full CSL-E support. :)

7. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow what a development update :) The new sweetfx profiles are great, mainly the default one looks really balance and natural, the recently physics update made driving more predictable, Master Domagoj just doesn't stop surprising with the sound, I have no idea how is possible to do 4 versions of Hockenheim in so little time and with great detail, because Adelaide is superber to drive, the track feels almost alive with so much detail, the new Formula "Lots of Grip", turbo and ers physics! Feels like automobilista is at full steam! more than ever :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

How about Formula Ultimate? The last & fastest open-wheel to be included in the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me, Mending Bergschleife is the track which feels the most alive with lot of details such as choppers and airplanes flying, cars & trucks driving on a highway, radar antena moving, birds, ...

why the other tracks don't have so much details?
    I would like Oulton Park with a fun fair with roller coasters in the background :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Its a memory issue why every track can't be super loaded with details. But I agree. Mendig is magical. There was an entire month, it seemed like, where all I did was laps there. Just no other feeling like it in the game with any other track, vanilla or mod. Its alive, its small winding roads without any big raceday barriers, you feel close to everything. It really is lovely. I could cruise around there in the MCR2000 all day.

If there ever is a "free roam" layout update of the track like GT Fan 8899 brought up, it'd be cool to see a skid pad and other "testing" or "academy" type stuff set up on one of the big runway areas.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mending defenetly needs a free roam version! I remember in beta version was a free roam version, so I don't know why there isn't any more...

12. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula G-Force

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. in6eTights

in6eTights Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to AI updates as well. They just back out way too much on max aggres and also singlefile a lot.

But Hockenheim should be great addition too

Thinking of the mentioned freeroam concept, any chance there will be some fantasy dedicated driftcars?

14. Riches

Riches New Member

If you guys need some tips on Hockenheim, let me know. I have build this track for professional racing teams. Might know some things you cant capture on video. Won't share that info publicly. But in a private chat i love to give some insights no other sim or public mod had captured till now.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Pablo27SF

Pablo27SF New Member

Very eager to see Hockenheimring !!!!!!!!, excellent !!!!! :hurrayreiza:

16. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good one.
    Or more specific ...... "Formula V6 Hybrid" :)

17. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula MAX.... Race to the Max! :)

18. Matschex

Matschex New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great Work!!!!
    but please don´t forget VR ... this is the last SIM i have that has no VR support ...
    I think VR is the future for SIM racing, it put´s so much more immersion to the racing, and i want to have this in this great sim also.

ps: I don´t like my screen anymore and want to dismount it :)

best regards
    Matthias

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pablo27SF

Pablo27SF New Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the effort Pablo - our man Alex is already on top of all those variations :)
    hock_JC.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1