1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I suspect:

1981 Brabham BT49
    1983 Brabham BT52
    1986 Lotus 98T
    1988 McLaren MP4/4
    1990 McLaren MP4/5b
    1991 McLaren MP4/6
    1993 McLaren MP4/8

Although that makes 7. So at least one of them is not arriving.

• Like Like x 5
  2. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

I thought that Brazilian historical cars was cars from Brazilian competitions like Stock Car, etc., and not from Brazilian drivers... :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dolph

Brazilian historical cars might be, but there is no mention of such a DLC by Reiza. The DLC we are talking about is "Brazilian Grand Prix Legends - Pack featuring several World Championship cars won by Brazilian drivers". Calling it "Brazilian historical cars" is a misnomer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Yes, sorry, are "historical cars of Brazilian Grand Prix Legends" I suppose, jeje. My mistake.

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I only hope for the 4/4, but can’t we get some Mercedes F1 cars because Hamilton is now a Brazilian citizen?

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to see the astra and the 2006 cars, (i do think they have what it take to license the 2005 cars though since it had all the 2006 cars except the peugeot that they currently don't have the license sadly)

2005 had the Chevrolet Astra, VW Bora and Mitsubishi Lancer, all those brands are already licensed in AMS 2

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

Very interesting

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Brazilian GP Legends DLC

Rumored based on brands and classes in game
    `1986 Lotus 98T `
    1985 Lotus 97T
    1983 Toleman TG183b
    1988 Lotus 100T
    `1976 Fittipaldi FD04`
    1979 BT49
    1986 BT54

Teased
    `1983 BT53`
    `1988 MP4/4`
    `1991 MP4/6 `

Likely cars
    1976 Fittipaldi FD04
    1983 BT53
    1986 Lotus 98T
    1988 MP4/4
    1991 MP4/6

Historic Track Pack Part 1
    Monaco 1970's
    Estoril 1988
    Kyalami 1992

Brands Hatch?

Supercar DLC
    Corvette C8
    BMW I8
    Mclaren of somesort

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

I feel like those might not be fast enough for a Supercar DLC, unless I'm underestimating their speed, but having more competition between the McLaren F1 and the Camaro would be nice to have.

10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

BT52 was Nelson Piquet's championship car that was teased when Formula Retro Gen2 was introduced to the game.

11. Apex

Apex Active Member

I terms of 100% historical accuracy, I guess you're right, but I suppose one could stretch it to '75 with some credibility:

Lotus 72E 1973-1975
    Brabham BT44 1974-1976 (upgraded to B-model for the '75 season, I believe)
    McLaren M23 1973-1976

Taking the historical OCD-route, the generic cars offer more freedom and can credibly cover anything from '72 to '76 when the tall airboxes were banned in F1. They also look very similar to '70s F5000 cars and could easily stand in for those, only with a smaller engine. IRL people still race those, which is kind of awesome.

Personally I enjoy setting up races using a custom file with just the generic cars because they're more evenly balanced in terms of performance, but you get to have two of each, 16 cars total which is plenty enough to make the grid look cool, and it could be anything from '72-ish to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Just wondering if they would add Nelson Piquet’s cars after what he has said

13. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

If they cancel all content because of something stupid, offensive or flippant a driver, team owner or track promorter said then there would be less stuff than in Raceroom free mode. Even Bernie has his own TV show now.

I doubt the 93 McLaren makes the list, Piquet´s Williams is more deserving as a championship winner and fits with the other 86/87 turbo cars. There should also be some Fittipaldi content.

14. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

It would be nice to have also a Formula V8 Gen 1 covering 2006-2008 era. Lots of aero, dirty air, refueling...
    Plus in the formula V12 adding a second formula V10 and a V8 wouldn't be bad. '95 was the last year of all three configurations running

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Classic F1 is cool, but I would prefer a full season mod instead of separate F1 cars of each year, jeje. And I'm also waiting a lot the Nissan cars, R390 GT1 and maybe some Nissan surprise...? :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

First of all I would like to say that I am excited about the content that should arrive on the 31st at 4 in the morning Spanish time... but at the same time I am quite disappointed by the amount of content that certain season pass dlcs include, especially With the street supercars dlc. Seriously, it's been almost 3 years since the season pass was released and the only thing we're going to get after all that time is 3 cars? I find it very hard to believe that the original plan was that.more Well, it seems that they have decided this to shorten deadlines and start a new season pass. Another of the dlcs that worries me is the one from Brazilian Legends...in which world does "several" mean 6? 6 means 6. several means a larger number. once again, I think that, to close the cycle and start a new season pass, they have decided to cut amounts to meet deadlines. This is my opinion and you may agree or not, but it seems to me that we have been deceived. They did a good job in the studio being ambiguous describing the content of the dlcs, so no one can complain, since they never put figures on how many cars we were going to get with them. That does not change the fact that the feeling that many others have is that we are going to receive the paid content in the season pass Partially, if not why call the brazilian legends pack pt1 the same as they did with racing usa?
    I like the simulator with its virtues and despite its defects, but I don't really see what has been done with this. Once again it is my opinion and that of the 40 people that make up my simracing community

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Can I just point out the physics problem they have had to fix to get people to buy the game. They also had to work through a PANDEMIC

18. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I only bought the season pack in the last sale and when Renato gave more details about the content, because I don´t like buying blind or mystery loot boxes. I know many people got the pass early to back the game and because there was also a discount and that they did it in good faith and are having to wait a long time to see a ROI.

I understand their frustration but it´s also true that Renato said right at the beginning not to buy the season pack immediately as it was a work in progress.

We will never know if the pack contains more or less content than originally planned so what´s the use in worrying about it now with so much still pending? There has also been a lot of free content that we didn´t expect like the GTP or the Argentinean tracks.

If there is a second season pass or a lot of additional DLC´s then I am sure Reiza will offer some special offers at some stage on those too but we are very far from that point. I don´t expect the original pack to be fulfilled entirely before next summer, or even later and I don´t think there will be a massive extra paid content drop immediately after that either. They may focus on improving MP and finetuning the car handling a little more plus reworking the digital input device setups.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  19. Dolph

How about looking up what the word "several" means!? Or if you want to speculate, use some actual logic.

several
    /ˈsɛv(ə)rəl/
    determiner · pronoun
    1. more than two but not many.

Furthermore, if you look at what the pack is called "Brazilian Grand Prix Legends - Pack featuring several World Championship cars won by Brazilian drivers"

How many World Championship cars won by Brazilian drivers there actually are?
    1972 Lotus 72D - already in the game
    1974 McLaren M23 - already in the game
    1981 Brabham BT49C
    1983 Brabham BT52
    1987 Williams FW11B
    1988 McLaren MP4/4
    1990 McLaren MP4/5B
    1991 McLaren MP4/6

This means that judging by the name the maximum this pack can have is 6 cars that are not already in the game.

If you apply some logic, then Reiza has licences for Brabham, Lotus and McLaren, so it is more likely that the cars come from this pool of manufacturers, meaning Williams is unlikely.

If you look at the car classes from the 1980's and 1990's, then there are:

Retro Gen 3 - 1981-83
    Classic Gen 1 - 1986
    Classic Gen 2 - 1988
    Classic Gen 3 - 1991

If we fit the possible cars in, we get:

Retro Gen 3 - 1981-83 Brabham BT49C / Brabham BT52
    Classic Gen 1 - 1986
    Classic Gen 2 - 1988 McLaren MP4/4
    Classic Gen 3 - 1991 McLaren MP4/6

As the Brabham BT52 has been teased, I would put hard money on: Brabham BT52, McLaren MP4/4 and McLaren MP4/6. This also fits in with several = more than two.

Tell me again how you ended up with a car count of more than 6 for this pack!? I can't see any logic you could use that would mean a number higher than 6.

That said, I am disappointed with the street cars and extremely disappointed with historic tracks being only 3. Then again, I probably won't be driving the street cars at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

My opinion also is that we already have plenty of cars and the game needs to receive improves and fixes (sound of several cars, graphic details, features, online, contact physics and surely more car physic few updates). I think that all of these things must be priority and not releasing more cars and DLCs.

• Agree Agree x 3