Big FPS drop while behind a Boxer Cup car

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Le_Poilu, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    I'm wondering if I'm the only one experimenting a massive FPS drop while driving very close behind a Boxer cup (IA) ?

Usually I run a smooth 98FPS capped with max details etc. on my 3440x1440/100Hz screen with a Geforce 1070.
    But when I'm just behind a Boxer cup, even if there's only one, my frame rate drop instantaneously below 50 or worse (sometimes below 40).
    The closer I get behind, the biggest is the drop.
    When I'm in front (with or without mirrors actives), or if we're side-by-side there's no drop, it's only when I have at least half of the other car displayed on my screen

I tried to lower every graphic settings (one by one), lower AA, cut-off Sweetfx preset, it changes nothing at all.

With other cars I don't have the same issue, even with the pretty detailed Formula Classic !
    Same issue on both release and beta version, and it seem to me that's something new, I already had some close races with Boxer Cup and never noticed such FPS drop before.

It's a little bit annoying since I've juste started a Championship in boxer cup (Single player mode), and such FPS drop break the game for me...

thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a known issue that we've been looking at internally, should be fixed in the next update.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Le_Poilu

OK thanks :)

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've had this issue for so long that i've just avoided the Boxer forever , hopefully it has been resolved .
    I use the same GPU but @ 4k with v-sync so fps just tank and cause massive stutter .
    Fingers crossed because Reiza have reworked the physics of the Boxer and supposedly it now drives better than ever .

5. Alex Sawczuk

It should have been fixed in v1.3.5

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Le_Poilu

Indeed the issue has been fixed yes, thanks !

But know I have some kind of weird graphical glitch on the back of the car.
    When there's a sun reflection on the rear end there's some kind of hollow rectangle around the hood.

Not sur it's related to the fix, but I never saw this before...

7. Alex Sawczuk

yeah I believe that'll be sorted in the next hotfix too.

• Like Like x 1