1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Benisreallycool

Benisreallycool New Member

WSC 1988 Alternate History

That sounds like a fun combo ill give it a try! Also didnt realize you where the person behind NaMEs Ive refrenced it many times and use it for many car classes, thank you very much for such a wonderful contribution to the community!

Im kind of a racing history nerd, been reading and watching and playing anything I can get my hands up since I was a child and growing up with a father whos just a interested really fueled that passion. Group C is the class that captures my senses and passion for racing the most so to have them availible in one of the best sims out there with some of the best VR support around is really a dream come true. Then Reiza goes ahead and throws something like the Corvette GTP out there and its just incredible to actually have a unique GTP car for once, as much as I love the Porsche and the Sauber they have been done so many times its such a treat to have something unique! Hopefully they will keep adding to the class, just to throw some of my favorites out there... Maybe a Spice? or maybe my tied for first favorite car of all time the Chevrolet Intrepid GTP? Or how about my other tied for first favorite car of all time the Lola T92/10? A BMW March would be really cool! Or how about a AAR Toyota??? Unfortunately if I kept going I would probably just list every one....

But anyhow to the topic at hand. How to balance the pace of the Porsche 962 with the other Group C cars without lowering their respective skill levels so far that they require a difficulty over 120 to be competitive. Skills do not respect numbers greater than 1.0, is there an additional parameter that could be used to increase there speeds? Could using 3 decimal points offer a larger range in speed? for example .115 instead of 1.15???

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The difference between 0.115 and 0.120 is very minimal but is still a difference that will make a difference out on track...

0.115 instead of 1.15 or 1.0 (the maximum as far as I'm aware) is like having a pre-qualifying level car and a front runner...

Unfortunately we'll have to wait for Reiza to either make the cars faster, which they already are quite fast compared to their real life counterparts. Or BOP the class so it's closer but the cars still retain their traits that make them dominant in one part of an endurance race scenario...

But like I said in the other thread, I'd much rather Reiza just raise the difficulty limit from 120 to 200...

3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The templates for the liveries of Lotus 98t and the new Brabham/McLaren cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Attached is a complete list of NAMeS files for the entirety of AMS2 (updated to v4.2 as available at RD). These have been thoroughly revised using the roster information provided by Coanda and rearranged using Romeo Foxtrot's livery ID order across classes. [Note: After all my recent work on this project, I am reminded of the saying, "Be careful what you wish for…."] ***

This version should provide a good head start for other custom-AI modders. That being said, our little world doesn't need to be drowned in a plethora of redundant content....

FWIW, all AI-attribute values in the NAMeS Developer Pack are set to 1, Edit & enjoy!

***No, really ... Thank you, Coanda!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

6. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Harry,
    The Chevettes have been pared down to eight cars. #82 no longer exists.

7. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

lol - ah, I get you now. I don't think there's a way to make them notably quicker beyond race/quali skill of 1.0, so that is a problem if you're maxing out at 120% difficulty.

I would love a way to 'BOP' specific cars via xml (or any other way) - it would be very useful e.g. for making a generic F-Classic model more accurately represent several different F1 teams with very different performance beyond 'BOPing' via driver attributes only, as we do at the moment - which seems a less-than-ideal method for a few reasons (though is obviously far better than not being able to do it at all :)).

It might be worth sharing some of your testing findings on the 'Official AI Report' thread to assist with any future BOPing on the class.

I really like the idea of your WSC 1988 pack by the way!

8. Harry H

Ahhh that's probably it. Do you have an updated xls with all the current liveries you'd be willing to share?

Thanks!!

9. john Ellis

See post #884, above. The file available for download has the 8 Chevettes you seek, plus a few other doodads....

10. Romeo Foxtrot

I'm still pulling my file together after Coanda's release. There's a lot of fiddling about because he doesn't sort on the Chassis ID and some of his sort keys use two digits for three digit car numbers.
    I wanted to include the provided Reiza names as someone (Farcar?) was looking for them.
    I should be able to upload some time tomorrow (Reiza time ;) ).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Harry H

Well that will be great, thank you for all the hard work! .... and yes, I had two Chevettes in there that was throwing the whole thing off. Working great now, thanks!

12. john Ellis

Good point; while Coanda's recent file was sufficient and very helpful when making custom AI files, it did lack the corresponding livery IDs for individual vehicles within each car class, which is needed to sync custom skinsets to default livery IDs.

-showLiveryIDs, assemble!

13. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Thanks legend!

14. Romeo Foxtrot

Thanks. I made the spreadsheet that he used to do produce the end files, that's all. It's really John's time and effort that went into NAMeS.

Balancing the Porsche by adjusting the drivers is not going to fix the inherent issue. It works a little but better results are had by mixing classes at different tracks. If you want a balanced field use the Stock cars or Identical cars. I've tried with the F-Vintages. In the real world the V8 Cosworth dominated F1 for years but in AMS2 the V12s are faster. It's how the game is.

Racing outside spec series isn't balanced much either. All we can do is make sure the cars we're racing with are slightly faster than us if we want to get better, or slightly slower if we want to pamper our egos but we only essentially race one or two cars at any one time; the one in front and sometimes the one behind so the balanced field has little real worth outside replays.

The game supports values between 0.0 and 1.0 for most attributes. Increasing decimal places gives finer intervals but there is no noticeable difference beyond tenths because of the randomness built into each class at each race. A driver with a skill of 0.98 can frequently be beaten by a driver at 0.94

15. Romeo Foxtrot

So, as requested, here are two files.

The spreadsheet for making your own custom AI files and the livery_names also as a csv file (labelled as a .txt) for those that are wary of spreadsheets with macros or use other spreadsheets than Excel. Both files include the in-game driver names recently provided by Coanda, for which, much thanks.

I've tested as much as is possible given the relatively short time between game update, Coanda's names update and the busyness of the time of year.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Harry H

Fantastic, thank you!

17. john Ellis

Thanks for the updated version on your excellent spreadsheet, Romeo. I should be able to add my NAMeS conversions to that to pull together a comprehensive AMS2 AI & livery name document to share.

18. bojzi

bojzi New Member

Can someone please help me on how to get the AI to actually make mistakes (like binning it or spinning out)?

I've attached my GT3.xml file which I am using and the names, nationalities and liveries are being used, but it feels like the rest is being ignored. I've put everything I could to force more mistakes to the value of 0 (also tried 0.1 and 0.01), but have yet to see the AI do a spin.

I'm testing it by doing 3 laps of a single race with Difficulty set to 80 and aggresion on Medium (I've also tried Ultra) on different tracks (Spa, Road America, Hockenheimring) multiple times, but they just drive perfectly and finish the races all close to each other.

Attached Files:

• GT3.xml
      File size:
      24 KB
      Views:
  19. Harry H

If your file loads the custom driver names correctly then I think you can assume your parameters are working, assuming they are within the range of 0 to 1.0 (per Gian's original page 1 post). You have consistency set to zero as well as both avoidance of mistakes parameters set to 0 for all but one drivers, so yes, you should be seeing some spin outs and mistakes I think. Having said that, I'm not seeing as many AI mistakes as I have in earlier builds. Perhaps Reiza has dialed back the mistake logic (too far??).

20. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

There is no way to use the XML to filter out some cars of a class right? I did that on the Formula retro gen 2 to filter out the fan car (Brabham BT46B) and they still appears on the grid alongside the AI drivers of the XML.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023