Mandatory pitstops, what you think?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Christopher B-Robinson, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Christopher B-Robinson

Christopher B-Robinson New Member

I love the racing and fun if this game but sometimes I feel it need a bit more strategy and yes before you tell me the ai does pit, but only in certain style of races and there must be a time limit.
    Here my idea:

Mandatory pitstops for both AI and player. sometimes I have races where the ai don't pit.

One way to put it in is simple after 25% selected race distance you can choose 1-2 mandatory stop the more race distance you select the more stop you can make, so you want to put lap one then you can but you have to play catch up all race long but also making longer races funner knowing they would pit.

To implement this for ai, just make them pit at a certain percentage of the race let say 25% is a 20 lap race , you make out window between lap 10-15. Even put a variable that they can either pit later (not last lap) or earlier.

It easy theorizing it but it be Great add on to the game and future dlc. Even moded cars aswell so any car you use can put no problem.

What you guys think, it would be a option in the rules to add.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Oh yes, mandatory pit windows would be amazing!

Today in kinda a pain in the ass to adjust Race Lenght and Fuel Consumpiton ratio in order to make AI pit mid-race (they only pit when run out of fuel). This process is very, very error prone, I have to try 2 or 3 races to finally obtain something similar to a Pit Window Rule, where the AI pit once, and not stop again in the last lap of race.
    Adding all that, there's the Fuel Lap Estimate in garage that is all wrong (seems to work ONLY for Stock Car Brasil cars), but the AI seems to follow it anyways :-(

Racing against the AI with pit stops adds a extra depth of fun, it's a very nice experience, WHEN you finally get all it right. A Pit-Window Strategy in-game would be sooooo good :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

I agree, mandatory pitstop would be a nice feature for both offline and online modes, plus the ability to choose the pit window (for example: from lap 10 to 15).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We´re looking into adding mandatory pitstops as an optional rule. Adjustable pit window is trickier though, unlikely to happen.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christopher B-Robinson

Christopher B-Robinson New Member

Thank you. It tricky but it will add alot more fun to the racing , AI Pitting at different Laps aswell don't want a stamped of car all bull rushing the pits

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't a pit window be more simple like just a message appearing to the person (and told by the spotter)? Could have a clock counting down (or lap counter) in the message center. That would help a lot as some people don't use any HUD, at least in online leagues would be nice

• Like Like x 1
  7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Member

I used to assign AI specific setups for all tracks I race in single player which force less fuel from the start. I don't know if it is still possible in AMS. In addition, FuelEsimate=X in engine file also does but you'll have online mismatch.

8. Shane Walker

Shane Walker New Member

That was 2017 when that was written, how about now with adding mandatory pitstops

9. DepressedHertaFan

DepressedHertaFan New Member

already in the game man lmao

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Only for lap races not timed races so it is not fully functional yet. Only partly implemented.

11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

This is the AMS1 sub-forum. Mentioning because of the 5 year necro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. DepressedHertaFan

DepressedHertaFan New Member

man reiza should have called AMS2 something else because I click on the AMS forum literally all the time on accident. My bad lmao.

• Funny Funny x 2