1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe Reiza can add a button to turn off the background and a second button to snap the view into correct place.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Just a couple of legends...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  3. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I hope Reiza make it easier for the modders to create "Reiza style" previews. I often end up deleting skin packs that don't have these as it messes up the UI. First world problem, I know, but it is much better when mods fully integrate with the interface style in IMHO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to restore the Reiza car liveries? I thought I added some liveries, but replaced the original ones with custom ones.

5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

You have to go into the folder where you installed the custom ones and also delete the added XML file.
    Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\ is where all liveries are installed into.

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. From33to77

From33to77 New Member

Questions for the AMS2 modders, I am trying to do a skinpack of the F1 1991 season with Formula GEN4 (I know it was already made, but no dallara, ags, modena, missing drivers). With xml file you can set pre-qualification and not always having the same 26 cars/drivers on track (the exception being monaco, only 24 right now). And you can have specific track liveries (non tabbaco for example for english and german gp) That is fantastic!

My question is, is there a viewer for skining is available ?
    Right now I go on the showroom, but it's time consuming. At least I don't have to launch the game after each modification, just switching skins

Another solution would be to skin directly on the 3d model in photoshop, it would be great, but I do not think Reiza team would allow us to access the 3d model

7. JoL

JoL Member AMS2 Club Member

8. JoL

JoL Member AMS2 Club Member

Alain Fry and a few others are working on a big update of the 1991 season pack. SaxOhare already made most of the helmets, then that problem with the new helmets and missing drivers in f-classic occurred. So we'll wait till that is fixed. And there will be a lot of new liveries, including the BMS Dallara ;) 20230115153002_1.jpg 20230115152640_1.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. From33to77

From33to77 New Member

That's great news! If all the teams are skinned how does pre-qualification would be handled ?
    I had the idea to sort the worst team in v12/v10/v8 car shapes and after the pre-qualification session, only the best of 2 cars of each model goes to the race

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You can only have 26 skins in Classic Gen4 and the game does not have a pre-qualification.

11. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's no neat solution for pre-qualification at the moment, but it's something I'm interested in doing too. I'm looking at making it a bit easier by making a few different 'preset' livery xmls to match the new/upcoming skins. I.e. you could swap in specific pre-quali xmls, run a quali session with the 8 pre-quali cars only, then exit the game, swap the xmls again, edit them a bit to include whoever pre-qualified, then run your normal race weekend. It'd still be a bit of a mess, but plausible for anyone interested.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. From33to77

From33to77 New Member

You can't do proper pre-qualification yes due to the 26 skins. However you can play around with the 26 cars limitations and xml to simulate pre-qualification ! This is the way I intend to do it

This is the way I also intend to do it. But only with 20 automatically qualified for the race and 14 pre-qualifiers. Xml editing is the way to go. Maybe a code to automate the process would be good

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unlike Norris his Helmet, Albons Helmet makes a lot of fun. ss000026.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah - thinking more about it, my suggestion doesn't really work - as even if you run the 8 in a separate pre-quali session, you still can't run 30 for normal quali. I guess I could run it in two splits, but it's very awkward. I guess that's why you've arrived at your idea.

Hopefully at some point down the line we might get more car slots (or a way to configure them) and more quali format options. In the meantime, some kind of external grid configuration app to help manage the xmls would be nice!

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

We definitely do need a way to make it less cumbersome to go from one skin set to another...

Some series year specific car sets have a lot more skins than the slots offered and representing certain race weekends takes time and consideration of who gets the "pre-qualification" nods and get their car in the xml...

Track specific AI driver talent files do not automatically change the helmet or skin of the slot related to that car... It'd be great if there was some way to connect the AI track specific paths to the liveries so that even if a helmet is changed and the car livery is not the right helmet is loaded with the correct name for that track...

Whilst with other cars there's a bunch of alternative liveries that I swap in and out depending on mood like with the Super_V8s...

Then there's the whole annoyance with low downforce/high downforce and Road/oval/speedway where the templates do not align on the different versions and therefore new skins are required...

For those of us used to the tinkering and how far we've gone to achieve our results on other platforms it doesn't seem like a hassle, just a little time consuming... But for others it's too cumbersome to even try custom skins..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

For Series like CART 95, where there are so many cars of the season within the mod, I took my time to make several xml-files, including the ones for ovals and short ovals, so it is a simple copy/paste thing. Also have my own Custom AI files for each grid.

What annoys me more is the fact that you need to paint their own liveries for those oval models in many classes.

17. From33to77

From33to77 New Member

Yes I saw that you could have only 10 v12, 8 V10 and 8 v8 on a race at the same track. So Indeed I put teams on the 3 carshapes to do a pre-qualification session, looking at their number of race qualified in the season
    My take for the 1991 season was
    V12 : Larrousse / Modena / Coloni (Modena had difficulties to qualify, Coloni never did it. I expect both Larousse to qualify)
    V10 : Ligier / AGS (AGS never really qualified)
    V8 : Fondmetal / Lotus / Footwork (the most difficult group to qualify of, some races both Lotus might take the start, but it could happen that one Footwork or the Fondmetal qualify)

• Like Like x 1
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the reminder, Almost there, Helmet is a place-holder (hopefully we get a fixed cart-helmet soon)
    20230116134247_1.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Update for: Opala Stock Cars 1986 - Nascar Liveries
    Accurate (as possible) helmets for all 20 drivers ! Unfortunately i was not able to find reference images for every single driver but i also didn't want to leave them with just a generic helmet, so i at least made helmets based on their car liveries for now as place-holders.

Accurate helmets:
    - Alan Kulwicki, Bill Elliott, Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, Dale Earnhardt Sr., Darrell Waltrip, Harry Gant, Kenny Schrader, Michael Waltrip, Neil Bonnett, Ricky Rudd, Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Terry Labonte, Tim Richmond.
    Placeholders:
    - David Pearson, Kyle Petty, Joe Ruttman, , Geoffrey Bodine, Dave Marcis
    Helmets.jpg

- Bobby Allison's livery color
    was not accurate. It should have had more of a golden look. Hopefully this is an improvement in the right direction.
    Bobby Allison comparison.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. deCarrera

deCarrera Member

Nicely done. To my eyes your original Allison livery looks more golden but hey that could due to differences in monitor color rendering etc.

• Friendly Friendly x 1