1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

No, the game just takes one name per car. So you will have duplicated cars and drivers when choosing more opponents than car class has liveries.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a confirmed technical reason why some classes have only say 20 cars? I'd rather have at least 30 cars for all classes, even if some of the default liveries are plane white or something.

3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree with you. Single car classes could very well have 30 cars such as 1986 Opala, 1979 Opala and 1999 Stockcars. Come on Reiza, you can do it.

4. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thank you for your answer. The weird thing is that if you don't have a custom AI file, the game duplicates liveries but assigns a different name. It's a shame we can't customize this. You have to choose between a reduced number of cars with real names or 30 cars with fictitious or duplicate names if you use a custom AI file. Reiza, isn't there a solution?

5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

It's not possible... Having 2 names directing to one livery ends in the AI file being corrupted...

6. Scar666

There's a reason, but it hinges on certain factors going forwards...

The major factor is the 40 skin per class limit... Mix this with future additions that haven't been announced yet and the missing liveries are waiting for the missing cars... Although there are some classes where this will not be the case...

It's the reverse of what has happened with the GT3s where people aren't happy with losing livery slots for various cars that were in the game before other cars like the Nissan joined the class...

7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

For some reason i am having duplicates even with 35 drivers in my xml file.
    Brazil Stock Cars 2021
    EDIT: It was caused due to the AI xml file having an & symbol. If you are making an ai file, NEVER use that symbol ! It will cause duplicate liveries to appear on track.
    20230203214301_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Smugford12

Smugford12 New Member

I am trying to create an Rental Kart AI and I found a livery mod that has 20 skins and I've done the normal copy and paste into the correct folders however in game, only 10 liveries are being shown. My guess is because their are only 10 base Rental Kart liveries so it's not allowing the other 20 to pull through which is causing the AI to duplicate my AI drivers or just put the generic ones back in. Let me know if I'm doing something obvious or if it's a limitation against the number of base liveries. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

If the car class has only 10 liveries, AI file should have only 10 drivers and in game you should set number of opponents to 9.
    If you want more driver names, you can set filters for certain tracks within the file, but only 9 names will show up in each race (because the driver name of your car will be your ingame-name).

• Like Like x 2
  10. Smugford12

Smugford12 New Member

Thanks for the follow up.

AMS2 base livery for rental karts = 10 total liveries

I have acquired a rental karts livery pack that contains 20 liveries, I transfer them into the correct vehicle folder, match my AI file to these liveries..

Then I go into the sim and I can only see 10 of my 20 liveries as an option to choose from which then causes my AI file to break with duplicates when I load into the race.

11. Scar666

It doesn't matter how many liveries are in a livery pack you will only ever get the first 10 if there's only 10 slots in game...

If you want to use liveries from the rest of the pack you will have to edit them into the first 10 slots by replacing others...

12. TrashHead

TrashHead New Member

Hi ( I use Google translate ) maybe you can help me? I would like to determine the setups for the opponents in the race. In AMS1 I could do this via the HDV file, how does it work with AMS2? I would be very happy about help!

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

No
    You can not edit their setups. You only can adjust their performance within an AI file.

14. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Hard to adjust the setup of a bumper car that rides on rails.

15. Scar666

There's a similar file but you have to go through Project CARS modding group's tools to get to the file...

But if you edit the file and repack it all, going online with that edited car you will crash to desktop...

The easy way is to reset to defaults on your set up screen as I believe this is what the AI runs on... Some have talked about longer practice sessions leading to the AI tuning it's set up for the track, but I have no evidence to back this up other than the posts of others...

16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Reiza's Formula Inter roster already includes real driver names by default (e.g., like the Stock Car Brasil categories). The attached name-matched file, below, includes all correct livery names as well as Portuguese diacritics where necessary. Note: I could not confirm that simracer Michael Duwe actually drove in Formula Inter along with the other drivers included, so I substituted Carlos Eduardo Bruza in his place. If Duwe did indeed do so, I'll amend the file accordingly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Tinico

Tinico New Member

Hi all,

As someone who loves watching AI races with custom name in video game, I tried to modify SuperV8 class setting all the attributes to 0.0 except for agression in order to have maximum chaos just to have a starting point to find the correct spot for an action-packed race without being too chaotic.

But even at 0.0, all the AI seems to follow/overtakes themselves without any mistake. Tried to look at a 5 lap race with 20 custom AI. Nothing spectacular happens.

Is there something I missed or the game isn't allowing to have spectacular races even at lowest skill ?

18. Apex

Apex Active Member

Mr North made an inappropriate comment about his sponsor's wife, so he can only afford to enter one car this season.

19. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Can you just make up your own .xml file name? or does it have to match the car file name?
    Trying to create the .xml using vrc_chevrette Mod.
    Anybody know the xml file name for this? Driver names are not showing?.. Thanks

20. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this is the correct way but try going into the folder for the vehicle and open its .crd file (eg. in Notepad). Find the line:

<prop name="Vehicle Class" data="name_of_class" />

Then try creating an .xml file with the same name_of_class. I think the .xml file may need to go in a folder for that mod.

eg. I've got the GT3 mod and the .xml file is in folder:
    Automobilista 2\MODS\03-GT3_Custom_AI_Drivers\UserData\CustomAIDrivers\

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1