URD T5 2012/13 for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by Fabio Oliveira Silva, Oct 30, 2016.

1. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

I wrote Franklin Stegink about that downforce,. and he replied me this:
    I have not done the whole physics.
    First i used the orginall one, but they want to have more speed in the car.
    The only thing i have done is to edit the drag at the front and rear wing.

2. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the guys in RWB has revised the handling in this car along with a host of other settings and fixed the bug whereby the car clips into the track and launches vertically in the air. I've contacted MadLeecher via PM with a view to maybe integrating the changes into the car for release as the club has been using the car a lot recently with the changes and really really like it - it always was a great car if not for a few significant flaws.

I've not heard anything back yet so thought I'd just post here in the hope someone hears me.

In the meantime, if you've bought this mod and are, like me, disappointed it got left in a broken state, then please PM me and I can share the modified files. It really is rather good now :)

I'd normally not release this for someone elses mod without their permission but it's not been for a lack of trying to get permission or help from URD to do it themselves and given this is a pay mod I think we've got the right to fix it ourselves and help others who've paid for it.

Testing indicates it's almost identical in lap time to the real thing and it's back to driving like a formula car with a tin top which is pretty much what a DTM is these days.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately I'm very disappointed with this mod, since day one the physics are just weird and not good enough to enjoy the money I spend with a urd mod. I really was expecting a top notch mod, what it is in every aspect, expect for the physics that are very bad... Oh and cleaner showroom would be better too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

Only thing this car is missing is downforce

5. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

Why am i not surprised.

URD have a history of releasing a mod, be it a single car or several, then never touch it again. It doesnt matter if its a paid mod pack, or a single free car. The free Vette C7 released on Racedepartment has its wing mirrors displaying the opposite sides to one another for heavens sake. Car is free, so you can excuse laziness, i suppose. DTM paid mod has woefully incorrect downforce detail, yet goes untouched, and messages to them to fix it go ignored.

Simple solution, ignore URD and dont buy their stuff. Its not like its must have mods anyway.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I first tried urd in RF2 but was amazed how bad the FFB was. Wouldnt drive it even if it was free!

7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

URD disappointing? No....shocker.

Yeah these guys continue to release garbage and rip people off. They need to go out of business.

• Agree Agree x 1