1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can imagine that you rather cut back on the graphical settings to get enough fps
    Perhaps you can make a bug report and add your gear and graphic (Performance) settings to your report,

2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I'm sure some fine tuning is needed like with Spa 70, but I would call that expected with 32 Group C cars racing on a track they were WAY TOO FAST for IRL

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah, I drove older cars there from 70s, 80s and they crashed too at corner 3-4. Cutting the corner there is the problem…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Forced every Group C manufacturer to use F1 engines in the prototypes making them more expensive than F1. as a result, every team quit and group C died

5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then there shouldn't be any reasons against formula and gt cars from 50s and 60s.
    Iirc it was denied because we don't have any tracks from this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I always have the impression ai drives to keep two wheels on the track but doesn't consider obstacles on the outside like the mountain here or guardrails elswhere.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I’ve noticed two items with Release Candidate maybe others can confirm:
    1. The look left/right controller assignment is now a slow pan vs instant look in either direction.
    Update: Azaris correctly pointed out I was unknowingly in helmet cam.
    2. The only flags I see presented from hud are yellow. No white, checkered, etc. but to be honest I’m not sure I ever did.

8. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

To be fair, that wasn't the only thing that killed group C, but it was one of the big things yes.

The funny thing people forget is that that decision wasn't anything new. They did exactly the same in 1972, with the exact same results, the destruction of the then WEC.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Excellent work folks.
    Love the sim, please keep it coming.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

the FIA revolutionized the class by attempting to turn it into a formula series to replace the C2 category (after they proved to be unreliable at endurance races) The new formula restricted the performance of cars built to the original rules (such as the Porsche 962 used by many privateers) and benefited teams using F1-sourced 3.5 L engines — these latter teams being effectively the large manufacturers alone, as the new formula cars were more expensive than the C1 cars.What followed was the quick downfall of Group C, as the new engines were unaffordable for privateer team.

Group C - Wikipedia

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Maybe I'm simply misunderstanding your meaning, but before we all get carried away imagining all of the creative car & track combinations in AMS2, here's a reason: there aren't any cars or tracks specifically from the 1950s in AMS2.

12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're likely in helmet cam. Switch to cockpit cam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mosley, Ecclestone and Balestre forced the OEMs at le mans to build F1-spec engines to encourage the OEMs to switch from le mans to F1 (which Toyota, Mercedes and jaguar eventually did), to help themselves make more money of the booming TV rights for F1. It wasn’t foolish decision making, it was that they had massive conflict of interest and saw a way to enrich themselves at the expense of sports car racing fans everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think many of us hard core types would love tracks and cars from the 1950's (and eariler!!)

Why aren't there any in AMS 2? Simple: the cars are even more difficult to handle than those from the 1960's, which are already too difficult for many, and, one decent length track from the 1950's would take as much work as two or three modern tracks to produce. Would one car and one track be enough to satisfy any of the true fans of this era? No.

This effort for sales of how many? Too small to calculate, likely, especially if you don't count any of us here ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They already made old spa. Maybe wouldn’t take sooooo long

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Marc Collins

True, no one would have to use the filter, but if you try making up your own list of decades for all the "current" (but not always this decade), historic, current recreations of historic series, and just weird stuff, it really becomes a mess. The only cars that people really have difficulty with are the top formula open wheelers, and if you didn't already know, there are licensing reasons why they are deliberately not named after the year(s) they participated in an unnamed well-known highly litigious series that launched its 2023 season today.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Marc Collins

Yah, historic Spa and Nurbs have been so quick to appear...maybe you could convince a bunch of people here of that who have been grumbling about the delays in their release.

18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree, I mean I like them old cars but I believe the 60's is as old as you can go before going into an ultra niche territory that not many enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

For those who have fear about 3d trees affecting performance in VR. I notice no difference at all. Much more immersive now!

Love the update so far. The traction control of the gt3's seems improved. Love the handling of the nissan.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know how he was able to get away with it for so long

• Agree Agree x 1