1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza 17. What is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdubmx, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni I suppose that Reiza2017 will for sure get DX11/12 but will AMS get at least DX11 in a future update?
    (not really in topic, sorry)

2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, i think you're wrong with it. Niels is testing Boat physics. So Reiza2017 will be a speed boat sim.;)
    Or another guess ....... Reiza2017 will be the next NFS Shift3 and Niels currently develops the most challenging physics ever with rating "extra-spongy".:D:p

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

No DX11 for AMS, no reason, no time and no money for it. Next sim will have what we need, I just hope that they will move for an engine which will support the actual content (similar to rF2 near future update where we will have a DX11 engine which supports old content and mods)...maybe Reiza can license rF2 updated engine?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Would rather have AMS 64bit than DX11 right now

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. sukk741

sukk741 New Member

Bravo's OK, so really this is just a game, I managed to fill in? They are working on that right now and just get to AMS when they think I can.

6. sukk741

sukk741 New Member

According gap rant - and then made public by the People's Republic of China - it must be something with the progress of some games - and not worth the simulation. I'm really not sure what's going on in the community today. On the one hand, I disagree with the article (and Matts) on the other hand, I feel sorry for devs, it really is about time that these small dev team worked together to produce a SIM for a bigger picture! ISI and Sim reiza to be good .... to be honest I do not see why not?

7. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza is the only developer i have faith in. ISI turned into Studio Whateverpieceof****, promising all the young boy goodies: DX11, VR, a horrible logo, terrible childish upcoming UI.
    Sector 3 / Simbin goes console. Kunos already has gone console. SMS is console and that is it.
    Reiza is the ONLY(!!) serious simracing developer for PC. The rest all went console. Why does everything need to be simplified? I really hope Reiza will stay Reiza. They are doing an incredible fine job with AMS. My only hope left is Reiza 17 and if it turns out to be a console game i will sell my complete racing rig and stop racing. Then i go back to DCS and start flying again.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. DaVeX

Really???Come on!!!They are working hard to revive a dead horse, let them start at least, why judge them so heavy...maybe childish attitude??? :eek:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

It never died in the first place! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DaVeX

Oh right, sorry, I was talking about updates and development but I was too lazy to elaborate it, lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I for one look forward what will happen with rfactor 2 in the future. Yes, they dismissed it a bit in the past but now with the new studio behind something will happen and we all know that things take some time.

And this console "argument" is rubbish. Assetto Corsa just got an awesome update again and they stated that pc development will not be hindered by console development, which is done by another core-team anyway.

Console is where the money is so why not develope for this platform? There are many console players who are glad that there is a racing sim now available with AC. PCars is simcade, so I don’t count that in.

I also don’t dare to comment on GTR3 already because we don’t know how it feels. Just because it will come for consoles doesn’t mean it’ll be rubbish. That’s too easy.

And regarding logos and UI it shows you clearly have no clue about interface design/graphic design.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

AC's approach should be the best way to provide for both console and PC Sim markets; Develop mainly for PC - then port to console. By doing so, they can avoid many of the pitfalls (from a player perspective) of developing to the lowest common denominator. Hopefully they choose to continue that approach in the future - If / When AC2 happens.

We saw a similar approach with Pcars although; SMS altered course and took shortcuts during development to streamline the process the outcome ended up quite different IMO.

I think it's way too early to write off rF2; S397 has a good plan in place but, it remains to be seen if they can follow through. The lack of decent sounds in the recent car-releases is a bit worrying but, it's early and that something they can improve on at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AC console version has been quite disaster tbh. It was released 1 year too early, now it's finally starting to take shape it should have had in release. Also, it still can't keep a steady 60 fps, PS4 and especially XB1 are too weak hardware.

But of course in the future hardcore sims should venture into console market, when hardware gets better. They have wheels, and there is audience for simracing.

But all sim developers should learn a thing or two about creating single player element. Hardcore sims have always neglected this. It alienates a lot of players who wouldn't mind the hardcore itself, just that there isn't any game around it

Regarding the "AMS is ripoff" conversation, I got it for free after owning GSCE so don't feel like ripped off, bought also the season pass to support. Definitely will be getting the next Reiza game, AMS has impressed me with it's physics and FFB. When you own a wheel and other expensive sim peripherals, laughable to complain about little extra cost of software purchases. Yearly full-price updates are standard fare in big franchises like EA Sports, Codemasters F1, Call of Duty and so forth

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

Good morning, when is the release of the new title in DX12 REIZA 2017? 2018 o end 2017?
    thank you
    Miky

15. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

That's something you won't learn today nor tomorrow.

16. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

when its ready

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Did Reiza confirmed their next game will be in DX12?

18. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i believe that info was provided in ams funding campaign but i doubt they will stick to dx12 alone

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jakerock

Jakerock New Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope they don't go DX12...
    Can you imagine how much it would limit the user base?

I want reiza around for as long as possible!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

True.
    It isn't an issue for me since I'm on Windows 10 but I'm sure there's a considerable number of people still on Windows 7/8.