1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

Car / Track used: DPi / Daytona
    AI Strength setting: 110
    Corner (if issue is corner specific):
    AI Aggression setting: low
    Session Distance: 45 minutes
    Weather when the issue was observed: slightly cloudy
    Player Tyre: soft slick
    AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): soft slick
    Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): race
    Tire and fuel : T= 3x F=4x

Dpi cars refueling to much. They refueled 2 laps in, I thought it was an issue with their setups not fully fueling the cars, but then they kept refueling to much throughout the race. In 45 minutes I refueled 4 times and the ai refueled 7 times. Completely kills the ability to do a simulated endurance race. You set the difficulty to the highest and still win by miles
    Sorry for low quality photo but it was SS in VR

Attached Files:

2. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

• Car / Track used: F1 ultimate 2 / Red Bull Ring
    • AI Strength setting: 85-110 tested
    • Corner (if issue is corner specific): Rindt corner ( 9th corner or 2nd to last )
    • AI Aggression setting: low
    • Session Distance: 25 laps
    • Weather when the issue was observed: slightly cloudy
    • Player Tyre: soft
    • AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): soft
    • Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): Race
    • AI takes corner very slow no matter the difficulty. At 110 difficulty it's nearly impossible to keep up, even with last place, but I can pass people on that specific corner easily. Then I just get overtaken again. Very frustrating. At lower difficulty you can just cheese the race and only pass people on that corner and win extremely easily.
    • Can we please PLEASE make it so that each AI takes certain corners poorly and not EVERY SINGLE ONE of them takes just one corner poorly. This is a common occurrence on ALL the tracks. If we had it so that they randomized which corner specific AI was bad at before the race, we would be able to follow behind that driver and figure out where it was best to pass, you know... Like IRL? Right now it's all about cheesing the ai and it's boring and keeping me from doing any F1 races.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

More realistic pitting behaviour when cars are damaged would be nice.
    Made a race with the F_V10 Gen 2.
    One AI had a heavy accident with a rollover, lost both wings but kept on racing without pitting. Above that, the car only lost about 2 seconds/lap compared to the times it achieved before the crash.
    Damage was set to medium and mechanical failures to "on".
    If the player had an accident like that, the car would not be driveable anymore and the stop for the repair would last very long.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Erik G

Erik G New Member

Straight speed acceleration and slow cornering confirmed by me on Watkins Glen (Short) with Ginetta G40.

5. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

Jerez, chicane version, Porsche 4.0, AI 105, Aggression Medium. Why does the AI brake around the area where the pitlane exit ends, and before the braking zone. So the AI is going full speed at the straight, brake a little, and then ~40 meters later, fully starts braking, as it should.

Video:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And again I was pushed right side from behind.
    Why does AI think they have to overtake where there's no place on the inside, guardrails coming an boom.
    Slowly I'm loosing motivation, always the same behaviour an race is gone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which car class? Are you playing with the online AI? I have very few issues with the AI crashing into me or pushing me aside, on the contrary, find it very easy to push and bully them around.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. fischhaltefolie

Copa Classic B with standard AI 85, agressivity middle. I usually play with the default settings.
    upload_2023-2-26_17-36-50.png
    Chevette tried to overtake on the right side, touched guardrails and crashed into me.
    Why should a to some extent clever driver do this?
    It's been reported countlessly but still happens.
    I'll step back for some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Opala Stock Cars 1986 / Kansai Classic
    • AI Strength setting: 115
    • AI Aggression setting: Medium
    • Report: Kansai Classic Stock Car 86.png
    I don't know if is a car or track issue but you are faster than the ai on the straight

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Donington GP:
    It is not the case in all vehicle classes, but in some like F_Trainer Advanced, the AI is extremely fast out of last corner (the hairpin to the left which brings you back to the start/finish - straigth) compared to it's performance on other sections of the track.
    They act just as if there was no problem with traction at all and rocket out of the curve like being shot from a catapult.
    It is not that extreme in car classes which offer more grip and the player can drive more aggressive through the hairpin, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

Bathurst '83 with F Inter at The Cutting. Me in red.
    White driver very optimistically tries to take the cornerinside. See aiming for apex.
    upload_2023-3-5_0-4-49.png
    He takes the wild ride.
    upload_2023-3-5_0-6-23.png
    And here we are again.
    upload_2023-3-5_0-7-28.png

Reiza, I honestly and sincerely please you to fix this behaviour of the AI. That's stupid.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Version: 1.4.6.0
    • Car: Copa Montana
    • Track: Curitiba Inner
    • Race Settings: 5 laps with compulsory pitstop
    • Corner: Pitlane
    The AI car that finished last did so because when it first entered the pits to do its compulsory pitstop (on lap 3, along with about 50% of the 30 car field), it drove straight through the pitlane without stopping. It then did its proper pitstop on the next lap. I think it stopped at pit stall 1 and I think this was the only car that entered the pits twice.

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI at Bathurst 83, just two examples. The also tend to go crazy in the narrow esses down the hill.

14. Race4Fun

Race4Fun New Member

Stock car pro series 2022 championship.
    First race Interlagos
    40%
    High
    Qualy was in rain.
    I am 6 seconds faster than the fastest AI.
    Under normal conditions the gap is minimal.

15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Car / Track used: Formula Trainer Advanced/ Gateway Road Short
    • AI Strength setting: 105
    • AI Aggression setting: High
    • Report: Ai is very slow when wet, some 7 seconds slower when compared to my times
    Actually, the problem is not the AI, the player has way too much grip on the wet, I felt like Senna. On a soaked track did a laptime only 6 seconds slower than the dry time, the AI where some 12-13 seconds slower, much more realistic.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

• Version: 1.4.6.1
    • Car: Brabham F-Retro Gen1
    • Track: Bathurst 1983
    • Race Settings: 26 laps, x3 fuel, x3 tires, Weater: Dry, then light rain at the end
    • AI Strength: 110
    • Corner: The Dipper, Sulman Park, McPhillamy Park
    • Reports: AI always gains 7-8 tenths out of the Dipper. They proceed to lose that time in Sulman Park and McPhillamy Park and also Griffin's Mount. In light rain on dry tires, player loses around 15-17 seconds a lap and slides around a lot. AI only loses 2-3 seconds a lap and completely destroys the player.

17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Version 1.6.1, AI is set to 115, aggression high.

AI is extremely slow out of the last corner at Interlagos and on the straight, losing 2-3 seconds (!) to the player, which ruins an otherwise amazing experience. The whole track seems very well balanced, but then you get to that final corner, and it's just frustrating, because you've got 7 km of great experience ruined by 600 metres of the AI not behaving as they should.

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Indianapolis Oval:
    AI cars which are about to be lapped have absolutely no respect for faster cars and ram you out by every chance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. AC3NSP4D3

AC3NSP4D3 New Member

• Car/Track: Donnington w/ BMW M1 ProCar (also witnessed with GT Legends C3 & 911 on multiclass)
    • AI Strength: 105%
    • Corner: 2/3 (Craner Curves)
    • AI Aggression: High
    • Session Distance: 1 hour race (no practice/qualifying)
    • Weather when the issue was observed: Dry
    • Player Tyre: Slick
    • Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): Race
    I jumped straight into a race with no practice or qualifying. I set my position to start in last place. The grid comprised of 12 BMW M1 Procar and 20 GT Classics. I was driving in the Procar class.

The AI seem to take corners 2 and 3 a lot slower than what the car is really capable of. They are on pace throughout the rest of the lap, but I was able to easily muscle my way next to and pass up the cars around turns 2 and 3. They keep a good pace and put on a good fight throughout the rest of the lap. It's just turns 2 and 3. It's almost as if they forget where the gas pedal is.

20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car: Formula Inter
    Track: Road America (but any fast track will do)
    AI Strength: 100%
    AI Aggression: medium
    Weather: Dry
    Race type: Quick race

The AI slip stream effect is so exaggerated as to almost constitute rubberbanding. I spent the entire race watching AI behind me on fast sections of the track magically gain 10+km/h and roar past. The favour is not returned once they're in front, where the slipstream is certainly not giving me 10km/h. I'm all for close racing but there's a certain artificiality to it with this class.

• Agree Agree x 2