1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Karsten Hvidberg doesn't seem to be active in here anymore, at least from what I can tell. I don't think he'd be upset if the FFB discussion would be going on in another fresh thread, where all the latest (and maybe also all previous versions) FFB files from all the different people could be found on page 1.

This thread is full of useful information and you could still put a link in the OP and give all the deserved credit, but someone who's regularly active on the forums could open a new thread and update the OP once new files get posted. I just visited his profile, it seems he was on today, so maybe if he reads this it'd be nice if he just said if it'd be ok with him.

All the files in one place, wouldn't be too bad. ^^ What do you think about this outrageous idea?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

@Daniel: Have to say, really good job with the V60 file. It drives extremely nice and I am currently considering replacing my custom hybrid file of your V44 and V46 with this V60.
    Just one issue: The trucks are (more or less) completely broken, they have (almost) no force at all when turning even with high FFB settings. Something went wrong here for the trucks... I have read you want to take a pause from customs and that the V60 might be your final work but I really hope you can bring a V60.1 Hotfix with the Trucks fixed?!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello Maurice! As I said, I tested the V50 and V60 without trucks. I know they still felt normal in the 40's files. Is it already broken with the V50? or only with the V60? I won't be back at the rig until the weekend and will check it out then

4. Danielkart

I will of course correct it if I can, and thank you for pointing it out:)

5. Danielkart

Actually, I was thinking of taking a break from the Customs. But "monorious" and "Dady Cairo" drew my attention to the broken trucks. Now I could go to the rig for an hour at noon. Yes you are right the trucks are broken in V50 and V60. Recognized and fixed the problem immediately. And this change has resulted in fantastic new positive effects on all cars, I will then report to you. I'm surprised myself. Unfortunately I don't have much time this week but I'll post it to you at the weekend. After that I go on vacation to recover from the customs;)

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

deleted.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  7. kbasic

kbasic New Member

Danielkart you are the man my brother! Your custom file V60 is the best work you've done to date. I have a DD2 and I must say that it brings out the best FFB detail of any game I've played. You deserve the Custom FFB File of the year award! Thank you for a job well done sir.
    By the way I'm a 50 year old sim racer who still enjoys gaming!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wait until the even better "final" edition this weekend ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Danielkart

Hey kbasic! Thank you for your feedback. By the way, I'm even older than you, 55 years old. I don't think it has anything to do with age, the main thing is that it's fun. There are a lot of older guys in sim racing. Or like a fine wine, the older the better;)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Just a bit OT...
    I'm 59 and still have much fun driving around with various sims
    ...who can show me more? :whistle:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And I'm 66 and still love racing too. :) Keep up the great work @Danielkart. Hope to be able to try your updated v60 this weekend.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Danielkart

Lots of older players here in the forum which is good :) I already changed the V70 files on Tuesday and will try to post them tomorrow evening. Maybe I'll adjust the karts a bit. The files will bring many benefits especially for Trucks, FWD, 4WD and Karts. Small intervention but a big effect, I'll tell you more about it tomorrow

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yeah 55 atm. Love sim racing. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  14. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm 66 and love sim racing too ... :eek: :whistle:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I'm so proud of Pentti (husband of ex finnish president), he's only a man after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hurry up with the file @Danielkart I'm intrigued!
    Only joking.
    Just noticed this thread has over 1million views, incredible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Danielkart

Hi guys! Through your hints that the trucks are broken, the V70 has now come after a short time. This change for the trucks then happened to lead to big improvements for all cars (small intervention with a big effect) Especially the trucks, FWD cars, 4WD cars and the karts benefit from this change, but also the other cars.

change log for the V70 files:

1. The broken trucks are repaired
    2. The steering is now much more progressive in slow tight corners and also more direct and responsive (less sluggish)
    3. Due to this progressive steering, the high forces in corners have been weakened, especially in dds and in cars with high downforce. Even higher peaks are now possible with dds (increase gain at the base, I was able to drive up to 15Nm with some cars without any problems).
    4. In the 2nd file 5-8Nm I also wrote the base settings of the Fanatec CSW 2.5 (many thanks to Allegunner68)
    5. Kart files have been slightly adapted to the V70. Try these little karts they are a lot of fun and a nice change
    6. Small adjustment of the base values to the V70 (dd1)

I deliberately left the flat spot at 0 again. If desired, this effect can be increased in the file (flatspot_scale 0.0)

As always, I wish you a lot of fun with the files and fast laps on the track

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V70 from Daniel for dd Bases 8-30Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V70 from Daniel for belt and dd bases 5-8Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V70 from Daniel for dd bases 8-30Nm (Motion-tactile file)

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V70 from Daniel for belt bases 2-5Nm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Thanks,Daniel.
    The settings in the file is for Fantac,i have a Thrustmaster TS-PC (Belt Drive 5-8mN).Should i use the same in-game settings you adviced ? gain :68 LFB:0 FX:25 Damping: 0-30 ??

19. Danielkart

Hello dady Cairo! You can try mine or adjust Gain, FX, and damping to suit your base. Only leave LFB better at 0

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That thing again alone deserves a trophae by Reiza, just wow, brings back grip lost on front and pole on TTotw in sprints. Feel free using what yourself likes in the base settings like Daniel always says, it just works. So thx again my friend, und jetzt ab ins Wochenende !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2