1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As the tires get hot that goes away quick, and its different for the 2 sets of tires.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Thanks for this info. I haven't had enough time to experience this, but I will later this evening. It means the mod is even better than I thought!

3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

i think in the last 3 years with esports etc car manufacturers surely are more interested in gaming and having some of their cars in game. and looking at it, a big brand like Porsche is in every game now, from WRC to AMS2, which are niche titles, games are free advertising.

And those billion dollar companies make their money elsewhere, Ferrari is like the only car company that makes more with licensing then selling cars.

Most manufacturers will be helpful, look at the Glickenhaus Mod for AC which is official, now are folks going to tell me Glickenhaus wouldnt agree to be in AMS2? same with Vanwall. And BMW is also always interested in games.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

See now, if I hadn't seen this brief mention of an Indycar mod for AMS2, it could have been weeks, maybe months before I cottoned on. What a great mod it is too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Demeisen

Here you go! A hint at what a Reiza version will be like...
    ss030916-Exposure.jpg ss031913-Exposure.jpg ss031733-Exposure.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Dylan Hale

I have to say the more I play this mod the more pissed off I get. Not because it's bad, quite the opposite...

WE CAME THIS CLOSE TO A GOOD OFFICALLY LICENCED INDYCAR GAME...
    THIS CLOSE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1995...
    WHY IS BEING A INDYCAR FAN NOTHING BUT PAIN...
    WHY DOES THIS SPORT HATE US, THE FANS, SO ****ING MUCH THAT THEY WON'T LET US HAVE THIS...
    GOD I HATE BEING A INDYCAR FAN.

It's just such a mixture of emotions, because what the Kaos modding crew has pulled off is proably the single best car and racing experance you can have in AMS 2. I assume they are using/taking advantage of code and optimaizations for the F-US 2022 that got scrapped, because the AI is SOOOOOO well behaved, it's crazy. Jusk's custom AI, plus the slight differances between the teams, and things just work out exactly as you think they should. Unlike the VRC cars which just max attack all the time, these race you, they defend, they attack, they spin and crash, they use the push to pass, they use pit stratagy, just like the best of the regular Reiza cars/classes. (At least at the Indycar tracks I've tried them on)

It just makes my stomach twirl, because as much as I love it... THIS COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFICAL CONTENT. Reiza should be the ones making the offical Indycar game.

Because if a modding crew, can take a game that was just a few months before thought to be compleatly unmoddable and genrerally is a buggy unreliable experance, and yet make such a complete and compelling experience that granted isn't perfect, but is close enough to the modern Indycar experience for road racing that you can have fun and stir this sort of reaction in my soul....

Then all I can say is, Indycar is a DAMNED FOOL for passing Reiza up...

Okay, rant over.
    Well done Kaos...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  7. Demeisen

Don't blame Indycar. It's those slimy ****ers at Motorsport Games. They've got everything wrapped up in apparently unbreakable contracts. :mad:

*Edit. Not the case it seems. See Dylan's response below!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Dylan Hale

No no no no, that's not the case at all unfortunately.

Indycar willingly made the decison to stick with MSG after they found out they were going to get bailed out by Motorsport Magazine.

Indycar had everything they needed to break the contract with MSG just before christmas, and suffer no ill effects what-so-ever. They (MSG) were bankrupt, their dev team was stuck in a warzone, and they were days away from being delisted from the stock exchange, but then got bailed out. Indycar then decided to double down (I guess in a sign of good faith?). Not renewing their deal with Iracing and nuking the talks with Reiza. (At least for now)

It's just par for the course of the history of American Open Wheeled racing I'm afraid...

Now motorsports games has assembled a new team in Australia, and it's headed by a former Codemaster CEO, so maybe the Indycar game won't be a steaming pile of poo, but I don't have high hopes.

Nascar really got screwed out of all of this though, because the dev team for Nascar 23 has a grand total of 6 people...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly shocked by the quality of the IndyCar mod and the VRC Chevrette. They feel different than Reiza made cars, but not exactly in a bad way, just different. The IndyCar feels a bit understeer prone for the first 3 laps or so, but eventually feels nice and neutral once you hammer it a bit.

Meanwhile the VRC Chevrette has a surprising amount of grip and a nice pointy front end, maybe too much grip given I was near GT3 pace and I'm not sure how quick those GTO's were in corners.

Either way, this makes me excited to see what they do with modding features. Hopefully we get a few more IndyCar/IMSA appropriate tracks in USA Pt. 4. *Cough cough please mid Ohio*

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

IndyCar signed the deal for MSG to have exclusivity. Of course w can blame them.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. Dylan Hale

Have you tired the different tires for the indycar yet? They make a ENORMOUS difference...

The primary black tires definitely last a lot longer, but the rear tires especially heat up very quickly. The car becomes more loose as you push, and more neutral as you back off. It's very gradual, and when you do slide, it's very lazy feeling.

The Red Tires are understeery, until you get them heated, and then they become very fast and sticky, but also very edgy. I found its much easier to push too hard with the red tires and spin. The loss of traction is further away, but happens much more immediately, if that makes sense?

Can the AI ever select the hard tires? I haven't run a full length race yet, but I haven't seen them run anything but the red tires?

• Like Like x 1
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is F-US-2022 official licensed? Looks like 'real sponsors' and real cars. Why isn't it called IndyCar then?
    But whatever it is called, they are looking great:)
    Although I'm not a big fan of windshild or HALO open wheelers (and open cockpits).

13. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

You're looking at a mod, got released yesterday on racedepartement, the f-USA 22 is still canceled

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dylan Hale

Okay, to avoid any misconceptions with the new people.

F-US 2022 was supposed to come out with Racing USA part 3. It was a generic Indycar from 2022. It was removed a week after it was announced by Indycar's request as they re-opened talks with Reiza to either create the Indycar game (Had MSG kicked the bucket) or to create a officially licensed DLC featuring all the tracks and drivers of Indycar.

When MSG got bailed out by it's parent company, Indycar ceased its talks with Reiza. However they apparently impressed them enough to give them the licensed for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which was finished at record pace to be included with Racing USA part 3. Thats probably why the oval racing still feels a bit "unfinished" because it was put on hold to include IMS.

Also as part of that deal, Reiza agreed not to publish their generic IR18 as a sign of goodwill to indycar. Reiza has since hinted at making a generic indycar based off another year or perhaps as a look at the future regulations...

The mod in which I am ranting about, was actually started before Racing USA part 3 was officially announced and I've been told in good faith, it relies on the base of the CART cars and custom physics instead of the scrapped F-US 2022. Fair enough, regardless its still a stellar mod and worth the minor hassle of installing.

It also still doesn't change my mind that Indycar is a absolute dunce for sticking with MSG, although I think I made that emotion clear last night.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

It looks really impressive work, and I am willing to try, but since I never installed a AMS2 mod before, I would like to know if the installation process needs to be redone at each AMS2 update or not. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dylan Hale

As of right now yes, although it's relatively simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I delved into modding for the first time today, to try out the Indycars.
    It's fiddly but not hard to work through the initial setup. Just follow the instructions.
    Installing subsequent mods is much easier, and will only take a few minutes.
    I imagine things will break after updates though - such is life with mods.
    Regardless, the Indycars are amazing and totally worth it. As are many of the other mods available.

Thanks to the modders!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there's a need for a 3rd party "mod manager" for AMS2 which would install mods similarly to Content Manager for AC. Install the software, specify path to AMS2 and drag and drop mods to it. Similarly to the existing JSMG (or whatever it's called) create a snapshot of overriden files for a painless fallback/mod uninstall and voila. Mods are user friendly all of a sudden.

Then all installed mods will be listed with checkboxes to determine whether to use specific installed mods or not.

Surely something like that is possible.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Great, thanks for the quick feedback Dylan and Farcar! Yes, it looks totally worth it. I will try this weekend!

20. Demeisen

Effing WHAT???

How the Hell did I miss all that? I've been following that story closely...or so I thought.

Well, thank you, Dylan, for bringing me up to date. :eek:

• Like Like x 1