Automobilista EA v0.8.7r RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This is mostly a hotfix to address a few issues from the previous version.

Build v0.8.7 Changelog:
    • Added a function to split "Automobilista" and "Automobilista Beta" server listings in Steam matchmaker
    • Reverted FFB reset Function added in v0.8.6 (hopefully addressing issues with controllers stop working altogether in some systems after switching sessions)
    • Fixed spinner arrow functionality in UI
    • Fixed logFolder initialization for DynHUD editor
    • Fixed a couple of errors & fine-tuned functionality for sequential boxes & downshift protection in semi-automatic ones
    • Salvador: Fixed first pit box having wrong direction arrow.
    • Velopark: Fixed lack of working decals on pitstands and team trucks
    • Rental Kart: corrected collision and shadow mesh

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Rodrigo Larralde

Rodrigo Larralde New Member AMS2 Club Member

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My t500 still does not work, cannot play at all and and at test input screen the red bars are frozen in place. All other games work fine.

4. Renato Simioni

Sorry it might be an obvious question, but have you tried mapping your wheel / pedals for their respective commands (rather than just loading the default preset)?

5. F1Aussie

Yes I have, I actually created my own mappings. I will try again tonight and report back.

6. Renato Simioni

There was an error with downshift protection in a few of the cars. This has now been addressed (v0.8.71).

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for v0.8.7r update, Renato and Reiza Studios.
    Fortunately, I don't have "Controller's stop working" issue with DirectInput Wheel on my system. But I had that issue when I was playing AMS with Xbox360 Wireless controller. It happened frequently, especially almost always soon after launching AMS.

(e.g.)
    (1) Launch AMS => go to Options - Controls => check the game recognizes Xbox360 Controller (it's working) => go back to Main Menu, and start Single Race => (loading) => in the pit, go to Options - Controls and check the game recognizes the controller again (it's working) => start the race and go to track => the controller stops working

(2) => quit the race (Exit to Monitor) and go back to Main Menu => start Single Race again => (loading)

(3) => repeat step (2) one or several times, then the game recognizes the controller on the track, and I can start the race, (etc.)

After v0.8.7r update, this issue has been greatly improved (issue (1) seems to be solved so far).
    But still, repeating the sessions (load & exit), the controller stops working sometimes (but not so often like before).

I had no idea what was the cause of this issue. But reading the Changelog "Reverted FFB reset Function added in v0.8.6", I'm now trying to play with "Force Feedback Type: None" & "Force Feedback Effects: Off". And it seems the game recognizes the Xbox360 Controller stably.

Playing with "FFB Off" might be a solution only for GamePad though I'll continue to play with this setting and report if I notice something.
    Thanks again. :)

8. JuergenBY

JuergenBY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I became a little bit confused, I can`t see a 0.8.7r version in the changelog, i got 0.8.71b, for both, Automobilista Beta and Automobilista. As it was announced on RD, too, I`m really curious where i can get this update...

RD announcement:

9. F1Aussie

So just tried with my t500 at spielberg and all seemed okay then when I plugged in my button boxes and tried to map them the first one was showing as controller 1 and was overwriting the mapping of the wheel. Unplugged the boxes and had to restart the game to get it to recognise the wheel as controller 1 again, I then plugged the bb's in again and tried to map them but nothing happened. The controller issues seem to be a bit all over the place. I don't have these issues with any other sim.
    On another occasion tonight with all peripherals plugged in I went back to the main screen and the wheel had frozen up again with the red bars on the test input. It seems to be all over the place.

10. Tommi

It seems there was an update (as Renato commented above) a moment ago.
    And the current version is v0.8.71r.

11. JuergenBY

JuergenBY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OK, thanks for the hint Tommi, its really complete confusing, that the v0.8.71r isn`t in the changelog file...

12. Tommi

Thanks for your reply, JuergenBY.
    When I restarted Steam, the update was downloaded. And I noticed there was a hotfix.
    Renato commented about v0.8.71 above, and I/we could know about the change soon. :)

13. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello all,
    I have a prob with 0.8.71r witch i didnt have in the passed builds, when i enter the car i have to put it in first gear then to start the engine, and then to full throttle with limiter on to get going. This is because when i am in gear standing with engine running, gaz pedal doesent do nothing, in neutral it does rev. i dont have autoclutch on and no other assists. Pedals are Fanatec CSR Elite, and yes this happens only in AMS.
    Anybody can help please?
    Thanks,
    Silvano