Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's try something then. You go on and cut the track as much as you can, it doesn't need to be on TT if you don't want to stain your pure laptimes, and you tell us how faster you can be.

I will post my replay after the weekend, just like the last TTOTW, and you point out where my cuts are.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone willing to post a video of his lap this week? I'm pretty sure I can do better if I follow the correct racing line but I can't seem to find it at the first (Paddock hill) and the 4th (Surtees) corners.. :confused:

Also, @Reiza, I noticed that my setup isn't shared at the virtualxperience.net. Not that it's any good, but I haven't done anything to hide it. What should I check to make sure that it is shared?

3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

It also happens to me sometimes. And frequently, when it doesn't show on TTOTW, my setup can be seen at the all time best tab. And it seems to happen when I have no setups saved in the folder, but I could be wrong. Also, take a look at your PM box.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Race Fanatic

Race Fanatic Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really think you're having a bad mindset here, for us it doesn't matter what you think, you're just ruining things for yourself.

Cutting rules are the same for everyone and generally the rules are that you need to keep atleast 2 wheels on the track (where the kerbs are counted as part of the track), if this is a bit different, then you notice it and adjust accordingly, fairly simple I'd say.

Looking at your times you've got some potential, gaining experience and working on improving will get you further than making up excuses, I promise you that! Good luck! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

I drive since 1994, i don't need lessons from you

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

Here's a good video on how to get the best race lines on Brands Hatch Indy circuit:

I'm currently running a 49.101 and with a bit of patience and better car set up maybe a mid 48's, but low 47's is waaaaay out of my league:(

Interesting to see that there are lots of cameras on the real track, and if you run wide on certain corners, you get penalised.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm still on the first page at #47, but with 18 hours to go, I don't think I will stay there. I gave up as soon as I dipped into the 47's. This will be my best finish so far. :)

8. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, next week is where the nightmare starts for me.
    If anyone is willing to share a few tips on how to drive a super truck efficiently, I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks in advance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Ladies and gentlemen, the replay of my not-that-special-anymore laptime:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

Ok, i did a 47.719 in the lasts 3 minutes of the TToW (i had the official countdown on the second monitor), surprise, the lap is not registered in both TToW and standard standing, nice.

And yes i'm 900% sure that was a valid lap, plus i had that time as best in the GID plugin and the game froze as usual when i beat my best.

:mad::mad::(

EDIT!
    In the standing there is another 47.719, is this the issue? The system can't handle duplicates laps?

EDIT2
    Proof
    No other info because the GID plugin resets itself when go to the pits
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  11. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

I'm going for a long guess and ask if there is any chance you went off the track limits during the lap before your best.

12. bobsacamano

bobsacamano New Member AMS2 Club Member

That was my time you tied Krusti but that shouldn't create any issues. If you look at 30th and 31st place they have the same time and both are listed.

13. krusti

I'm sure without any doubts that my lap was valid, didn't cut anything, i was looking the time on the straight, the game froze as usual when i beat my best lap in TT mode, the GID plugin was showing that time, 47.719 (the GID plugin does not record invalid laps, it stop working when you cut a corner; the pic in my previous post confirm).

Yesterday i did a 48.5xx, today this 47.719 in the same TT session where i did the time that is actually on standing, 48.008 (and previously in the same session i did a lot of 48.1xx), BUT, the game didn't save the replay! I have as Hot Lap only the replay from yesterday! No 48.008 replay and no 47.719 replay, something went wrong for sure.

I did the lap when the countdown was around 1:30 minutes until the end.

14. krusti

double post, sorry!

15. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Maybe this is the answer.

16. krusti

If is it, i would not have any reason to point out a issue, i was the first ever to report a system like this to avoid the magic trick in the Kart week, look a few pages behind, just after the video of the trick.

There were all the circumstances for a valid lap, and other strange circumstances like 1 minute until the TT end, same lap of bobsacamano, rounds not showing for a lot of people and no HotLap replay, even about the lap that is now in the standing, even the whole replay of the session.

My goal is not to be 1st (just beat some friends), i'm exposing a issue that might happen to others (look the guy even without the TToW leaderboard!).

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Matty28

Matty28 Member

First attempt in a nutshell

This is gonna be a long week

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the idea that the 107% threshold would be a little under 1:36, which should prove difficult enough.
    But I also remembered the weight-transfer ballet-dancing performed by Timo for the Kansai ST TTOTW, and had some doubts.
    So... looking at the board right now, he didn't even wait for the end of the week this time. At least, I already know, now... I'm doomed :rolleyes: :D
    (as are probably many others)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem I have with these truck is that I can't work them out, I get a corner wrong and I'm half a second up the next corner I think I've done correctly and I'm eight tenths down.
    If I could just do the middle section at the same pace as the first and last sectors I'd be more than happy.

20. krusti

These monsters are hard to understand but then.. a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 2