Tyre grip feel

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by kraM1t, May 27, 2017.

1. kraM1t

kraM1t New Member

Hey guys, really enjoying AMS, except in cars with stiff suspension like the Formula stuff I can't really feel tyre grip, I understand it's giving me info from the suspension compression but when I play AC or rF2 I can feel the suspension compression + a level of tyre grip through the wheel.

With cars like the Caterhams I can feel it pretty nicely already, is it because the suspension is much softer so gives the impression of tyre grip when it's loading up?

I feel like it's a trial and error thing atm instead of being intuitive with how much lock you give going into each corner with a Formula car, it weights up but I can't tell the limit of grip if that makes sense?

T300 with 360hz Pure, 60% low force boost

I tried altering
    FrontGripEffect=0.000000
    SmoothingLevel=2

but didn't seem to make much difference, any tips?

2. yusupov

yusupov Member AMS2 Club Member

pretty sure 60% low force boost is really, really high; it might be that its cancelling out a lot of the signal? if you havent try 30/20/15 maybe in that order.

3. kraM1t

kraM1t New Member

Oh okay I read on the FFB thread here the developer said 80% for G27 and my T300 isn't much more powerful than that so I went with 60%

Any lower and it's really really light at even 100mph

4. yusupov

i use a TX & ... i just don't think so? idk, i think mine's set to 15% or around there...iirc it was 'flipped' intially so 80% was really more like 20%. could be around about that, but typically i think thrustmaster wheels would be something like 10% max. reiza's always been a little light around the center in open wheel cars so i just set on higher, cant say ive really experimented..do you use any other sims??

5. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Recommended settings for a T500 are between 40-60% so try less than 40% for your T300.

6. kraM1t

kraM1t New Member

I'm down to about 15-20% now, it does feel a bit better but still not how I'd like, thanks guys

7. yusupov

have you tried the effects? there's 3 levels of them & one of them probably includes tire slip...i'm sure they were detailed some time ago if you search the forums.

8. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

You can try increasing "FrontGripEffect" to 0.1 or 0.2 perhaps. See if thats what you want.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kraM1t

kraM1t New Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I actually fixed it :D

Of all the things it was my profiler setting, 75% strength just wasn't giving me the info I wanted for some reason even though it's meant to be more linear.

So I set it to 100% and turned ingame strength down to 95% and now I have so much more feel its insane.

Just thought I'd comment in case anyone searches in the future, thanks guys the Formula Ultimate is ridiculously fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Get a DD wheel

11. kraM1t

kraM1t New Member

Lend me £1000 xD

12. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And the rest....

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

There are some DD options for under that amount already and more on the way.:)