Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

It's taken me half an hour today to get a clean lap and that was 5 secs slower than yesterday.
    Even when I'm on a good lap I've had the track cutting message, usually on the second jump with vehicle bang in the middle of the track.

Also the start is really bad 50% of the time it either gets cut message or is so close to the wall it crashes in to it.
    When you do get a fast lap the lag at start/finish usually results in me missing my breaking point for turn one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

At the AI start I keep an eye on the message center. If the cut warning shows up, a quick Esc and "go to track" solves the problem with no effort. And there's time to avoid the wall when you get in control, just don't start with the pedal to the floor. There's no time to gain right after the finish line, so keep it in control.

I haven't had any issues with jumps and cut message... That's weird.

And, like the LancerX, keep it tight and almost never sideways. Slow inputs. It feels slow, but it's faster. The tricky part is to brake late and in a straight line. Corrections all over the place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the cut track warning three starts in a row. Very frustrating to constantly hit Esc and start all over for something that is out of my control. And I also have the freeze that causes me to miss my braking point into turn 1. Well, on the odd lap that I actually better my previous best. So... not often :D

4. selwyn gregory

A rarely miss the wall, at the start as there's a huge stutter which varies so it makes it hard to get the timing right.
    I'm getting the cut message every other lap now at the second jump, so now I'm looking for the message which has me messing up the next turn.

Another issues is the timing why does it go crazy, every now and then it starts showing strange times that don't match reality.
    The only way I can fix this is do a better lap or restart the the trial from main menu and have it load again.

As for the stat again, not just here but most track I've been on why do you start so close to the finish line. there's no chance to get up to speed so it's really a wasted lap. Start the things further back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Matty28

Matty28 Member

I've been getting that freezing when it posts a message for months. Not too bad here because it means the lap is invalid anyway, but in races it's made me crash and ruined races loads when they say "car left" for example. I'm also getting that delta glitch very often, I remember getting it last week too. It seems to be selecting the wrong lap to use for the delta - I notice I suddenly shoot like 6 seconds ahead at the point I spun off the lap before for example. It would certainly be nice to not have it start on the s/f straight, as you say makes every first lap a waste, and it means if you mess up the first corner you've got to go the whole way round.

6. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

I had also that message before, telling me that I'm driving off-road and that the lap is invalid at the start of a session even though I'm not even in control when that happens. Didn't really pay attention to it then. But now with the anti-exploit feature, it gets annoying.

@krusti: thanks for the video, I'll watch this tonight when I get home.

I know I can improve my lap time by at least two seconds, but I always manage to ruin it somehow :rolleyes:

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You basically have a stutter every time the game tries to access your HDD?

8. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

@Vaken I've just shared, is Niels Heusinkveld in the video :)

Now i understood why my lap wasn't regitered in the previuos TT on Brands Hatch, the fake cut warning when AI has the control, the same thing happened yesterday. I never thought that it will invalidate your next lap!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Well it doesn't seem to be every time and it's to varying degrees as well, sometimes a micro-stutter sometimes like half a second. I can't actually get it to do it today for some reason. It happens when the game posts a message (e.g. lap invalidated, car left, yellow flag) or when I beat my best time in time trial. Also it can stutter right at the start of the time trial when the AI has control but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

Edit: I got one, only a small one though:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm getting a freeze (about half a second) every time the first timed lap starts. But not again. I also get smaller freezes when the pit guy speaks (apparently the hdd is being read) but it makes it unplayable so I have turned him off. I tried defragging the hdd, uninstalling-installing the game again, but eventually I gave up. I have 16GB RAM and 3GB video RAM which should be enough..

11. jra

jra New Member

To avoid the warning with the AI try to join the track with wheel turned to the right.

12. selwyn gregory

I was hoping that with each small update we've had this week that at least one of these issues had been fixed but still nothing seems to have changed.
    I haven't noticed any stutter when the spotter talks, just when I eventually set a PB or at the start.
    The start looks very ugly, the truck first appears off the track in the grass then resets itself on the track with a stutter or two.

The second jump issue I have seems to be related to pitch and throttle settings, if it drops the nose and I adjust throttle mid air it's almost certain to trigger the cut message.
    If I take it how I take turn one which is to change to third when in the air that also triggers the cut message.

13. BoWen

BoWen New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am missing 2 Time Trial Challenge results in the overall standings

but in my user profile under alllaps i have the times and they ar

under 107% ?????

14. Vaken

Well it's been updated, but it still as buggy as before. I still have two times registered, but not the same as before. It's the same for a lot of people, it seems.

15. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not even in the general standings, although I participated in all the time trials since the beginning...

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

VX profile: Rob Nelson. I have participated in all events but only showing five in the standings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I've track a few of you down, thanks for the heads up guys.

19. Vaken

• Like Like x 1
  20. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mine still appears to be incorrect. It's increased from 2 to 3 'events' from last time I reported it but I'm almost certain I've qualified for, certainly registered a time for, all 6 events.