A.I Tyre Choice In Races

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Lazarou, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Lazarou

Lazarou New Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI in Formula Ultimate race weekends appear to use only the Soft (Yellow) tyres even when supersoft or ultra's are available, that is in all sessions including qualifying. This is on Patrick's modded tracks and the recently updated to 2017 tracks like Montreal.

Am I missing some setting or is this just the way it is? I don't feel it is right running ultra's when the AI only run softs.

2. skiptor

skiptor New Member AMS2 Club Member

This was mentioned somewhere else and it's apparently a bug that they're working to fix. Regardless of the AI choice, the car always shows the same tire.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Option to configure which tires AI qualifies and starts the race on will be added in a future update. It was touched upon in the May Dev update.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Lazarou

Lazarou New Member AMS2 Club Member

5. The Steppenwulf

The Steppenwulf New Member

Apologies for hijacking the main question of this thread, however my issue/question is somewhat related: I quote from Reiza's 1.4 update summary:-

"should see more realistic tire wear from the AI"

And from the change log on Steam's AMS store page :-

"Revised AI tire wear functions"

This feature does not appear to be working (at least with all the AI cars I've driven against):- 20 laps with x4 tire wear, no pit-stops and yet no drop-off in any lap times across the 20 laps.

Can Reiza provide an explanation for this?

I note that in Version 1.3.95 change log:-

Added new TireManagement & AIStartSkill to driver RCD files.

(Am I on the right lines here?)

Is TireManagement the only parameter that simulates tire wear or are there other parameters that effect upon the simulation of AI tire wear?

Is it possible that the hard code simulating the effects of degradation may/or may not be working?

Why is the TireManagement parameter only entered in a partial number of the .rcd files?

Having paid to finally upgrade from GSC/GSCE to AMS (purely on the prospect of AI tire wear effecting realistic lap times), I'm mightily upset that it isn't functioning in the manner I expected in accordance with your claims.

I wondered if you could provide an explanation for these questions please.
    Many thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The pitstop thresholds were indeed broken towards the end of v1.4 development, so AI doesnt stop until tire is fully worn out. This has been fixed in Beta and will make it to the next update release soon.

Not that this issue would generally cause the AI to pit for tires too late and struggle on worn tires, which is the opposite of what you are reporting. What impact tire wear has on AI lap times is very relative - what series, track, AI settings were you running in your test? Were there also fuel & track progression multipliers that could offset the losses from tire wear?

Another issue with v1.4, since fixed is that the absence of TireManagement in RCD greatly accelerated tire wear for the AI.

Tiremanagement is only a driver-specific multiplier - AI tire wear equations are the same as player otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1