Automobilista - May 2017 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 1, 2017.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

where I can find all the changelogs since indiegogo campaign?
    I mean all the changelogs from GSCE > AMS >now...

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Changelog.txt on AMS root folder has the changes for AMS since it was created (as a separate game).

3. DaVeX

Thanks mate, I will give a look

4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And you will have the same changelog file in the root folder of GSE… if you still have the game installed of course! I don't have it anymore… o_O

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Older tracks getting a refresh is fantastic! Please cure the z-fighting flickering in the garage stalls, the pit wall boxes, crane arms and a few other items that are common to many of the older tracks.

The rest of the upcoming content is amazing. AMS has so much polished content that I hope "Reiza 17" is just AMS with a new graphics engine. May not even need a new sound engine depending on what might be achieved by v1.5!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Agreed, but hopefully Reiza 17 will get more of the well known north american and european tracks.

7. DaVeX

I hope man, the "legendary tracks" are awesome and we need some new tracks like SPA to be part of them...

About new game engine, rF2 one is evolving pretty fast and with full support for dx9 content, for Reiza17 should be the perfect solution, day-night cicle, rain, real-road...if only Reiza joins his forces with Studio397...we have 2 awesome products which feel like a divided soul...on S397 Discord channel 90% of users ask to see them working togheter...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not sure what the business model is for that? I wished for the same thing a year ago and two years ago. Now, Reiza is so far ahead of S397 in agile development, attention to detail, quantity and quality of content, customer service, I don't see any advantage for them in joining forces. If S397 finished the DX11 engine and it actually works, Reiza could licence it, but they could also do DX11 other ways. There's not much that rF2 has that actually works consistently (would be worth porting over) that Reiza needs. There are many hard core features that AMS has that rF2 should have had years ago, but still doesn't (dirt pickup on tires and clutch/transmission modelling being the two most obvious).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DaVeX

This is why most users of both the sims (and me too) hope to see them work togheter...take the good od the two teams and put all in the same title, rF2 will boost in development thanks to Reiza work and Reiza will have new featues like day-night, rain (and wind?) real road, car body flex, tire model and ffb from S397...
    I think Reiza and S397 can work togheter on the game engine, see how good looks AMS now thanks to new shaders, etc, etc...Reiza can have a good base for their new game plus the agility to port actual content...
    Btw, if we can still have the actual content (especially mods) ported in the new engine Reiza will use I will be happy, but if Reiza lost mods (even if not officially supported) I am not sure will be a good move for their next title...

10. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

How is the business model of Reiza 17?
    Will there be an early access? So I can support them with little money in an early phase of development. I really hope they will not run out of money during development of the next game. With PC only Racing sims you cannot make very much money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

Day/night cycle is already in AMS

12. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB from rf2? no thank you... For me, new reiza game only needs a new graphics engine with vulkan api that as good performances even low spec pc's, rain/real weather feature, and some popular racing cars to bring more players. It needs to be very stable(no ctd's), and keep ffb general setings very simple like it is now.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. PIO79EK

PIO79EK New Member AMS2 Club Member

yep and rally mode, Ouninpohja anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Gostaria muito da atualização do stock car e marcas

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Reiza Team.

I am looking forward to the next public release.

Will it include the ai update (overtake and p2p!) which 1.4.4 beta cintains?

Can you tell me approximately when will release the next public version?

Thanks for the answrr in Advamce

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

After putting AMS aside for a couple of months while playing rF2 beta and last night coming back to find AMS playing and looking fantastic, it actually feels like, why did i waist so much time (400 hours) playing rF2 when i could have been living AMS.
    Thank You Reiza for continuing to improve AMS and please dont change your FFB, it is perfect as it is. rF2 FFB is hit and miss from one car to the next and yours is consistent throughout all cars.
    Bravo.
    Edit : not sure why im posting this in May update but anyway i had to post it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1