Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought that Lancer@Dirt or the Supertrucks last week would gave me the biggest challenge to stay within the 107%. But now i have to realize, that this F-Ultimate is so much harder to me.:eek: Yes, i admit that i can't drive fast formula cars which highly depend on aerodynamics. But it's a real miracle to me that someone can drive this car under 1:10.o_O I'm actually not even close to the 107 percent.
    So this weeks TT challenge will stay as an unsolvable riddle for me. Quite disappointing.:(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't give up. You were in trouble with rallycross, but in the end, you managed quite well.
    It goes fast, you're probably "panic driving" at the moment. Practice will bring that "slow-motion feel" which will allow you to go faster.
    At least I hope. It must work for me too :D:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Speeddmon91

Speeddmon91 New Member

Here My Lap Of Hockenheim:

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm wondering what Degrees of rotation people are using, in game I'm using 33 steering lock, 360 wheel rotation.
    Logitech profiler wheel rotation is at 900 degrees, I'm thinking 900 is too high and the reason I run out of lock in the hairpin.

5. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Doesn't your wheel match to the in-game rotation? Mine's at 18 lock/360 rotation and my Thrustmaster is also 360.

6. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the Logitech profiler set to allow game to adjust. It does have some effect on the wheel but I don't think it's anywhere near 360, as it takes nearly two full tuns at the hairpin.
    Looks like I will need to adjust it in the Logitech profiler and then find some settings in game I can work with.

7. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you so much! Maybe one of the next days I might be able to catch the 107% after checking this! Thanks!

8. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Thanks for the video, it turned out very replicable:
    dddd.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Speeddmon91

Speeddmon91 New Member

10. Kostis Vigos

I did it in 107% once again! (last but I don't care! I'm in!) Here's my lap. I'm amazed this got me a qualifying time because I almost stopped at the hairpin and generally was a mess of a lap! :cool::D

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tim O'Glock

Tim O'Glock Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Here is my messy lap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Matty28

Matty28 Member

I'll join the party, here's mine:

Just like with the V10s I had the ability to improve (added my best sectors together and would have been 1st by 5 hundredths) but just could not put that lap together :(. Last sector was a beaut on this one though.

Does anyone have any idea why Windows Movie Maker is doing this pixelation to my videos? This is 1080p and it looks like 240p! 720p is basically unwatchable. What programs are you guys using to record + edit?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to thank you guys for the vids. I definitely see where and how I was losing time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing special about this lap, except that you can view it with all your own display settings inside the sim.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Speeddmon91

Speeddmon91 New Member

I use Vegas Movie studio 13 Platinum of Steam for editing and OBS for recording

Nice laps my the way wish i went back and had another stab at it

• Like Like x 1
  16. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

Love the MCR, AMS needs definitely more prototypes.

17. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

@Matty28 I m using shadow play for recording and vegas pro 14 for edit. U can also capture with fraps, but highly recommened to have SSD for it.

18. Kostis Vigos

I'm using Action! to record and Blender3D to edit. You need to watch tutorials to learn how to edit in Blender though. You may also use MSI Afterburner to record your videos for free.

19. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm using MSI Afterburner to record and it looks okay but files are large, but then putting it through WMM turns it into an absolute mess. Tried fraps, tried all the settings in MSI, but no change.

Weirdly my 1st week video looks fine and I have other old videos that look fine too but I don't think I did anything different for them. Now if I save in 720p my dashcam clips look like 480p, Assetto Corsa clips look like 360-240p and Automobilista clips look like 144p.

Already had Blender but had no idea it had video editing. Needless to say after 20 minutes of trying to use it I have vowed to never open it again. Sony Vegas it seems everyone loves, but it's really expensive for someone who just wants to chop videos, and so is Premier Pro which I liked. Is there anything free and basic that isn't Windows Movie Maker that basically chops & compresses video? My iPhone makes super-crisp 1080p videos about the same size as pixelated WMM 1080p so there must be a way.

20. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

Free AND powerful
    OpenShot Video Editor | Download
    Download | Kdenlive
    If you don't need 1080p and can live with 720p, this is Vegas or Premiere comparable
    Lightworks: The professional editor for everyone

• Useful Useful x 1