Reiza skies

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by muzarati, Jun 5, 2017.

1. muzarati

muzarati Member

How does the Reiza sky work in relation to latitude and NorthDirection? I am having trouble setting up the sun direction, it seems to work differently to rfactor which was pretty simple, northdirection obviously gave you the direction the sun traveled (east to west down here) and latitude was how or low the sun was, easy? In AMS the two seem to be connected in some way, change one and it affects the other?
    How do we work out these setting to get the sun coming from the right direction at the right time of day?
    Any help would be appreciated?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are copying a reiza sky then the track must be built as if NorthDirection=0.

3. muzarati

muzarati Member

No, trying to set existing tracks to the right direction and latitude, how do the skies work in this regard? What worked in rf doesn't seem to work in AMS, is it different?

4. Alex Sawczuk

Reiza skies are hardcoded to the north direction and latitude in the GDB, if you copy a sky from a Reiza track then it needs to have those values and the date the same. If you are using an rfactor style sky, then you can do as you please.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. muzarati

muzarati Member

I have set the latitude re maps but when I set the northdirection to get the sun rising and setting in the right direction it changes the time of day as well, this didn't happen in rf ? If I get the sun in the right direction it changes the sky to black even though there are shadows being cast on the track?

6. muzarati

muzarati Member

The sky seems to have a bug in it, others have come across this before?

7. Alex Sawczuk

I was quite clear, each sky mesh file only works with the specified parameters in the gdb.

8. muzarati

muzarati Member

I understand how it works, I'm not an idiot! I too was quite clear, there appears to be a bug at certain parameters that shows a black sky, but whatever....

9. Alex Sawczuk

Yes that's what I said, the skies don't work if you change the GDB parameters that we were created for.

10. muzarati

muzarati Member

So we have tracks out there where the sun direction is wrong and can't be changed to the correct position because of a bug in the skies, that's all I wanted to know, thanks

11. Sam Smith

Sam Smith Member AMS2 Club Member

Aren't you a happy chappy. Good luck getting any assistance in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, it looks more like a feature than a bug…:rolleyes: It seems that you don't understand that each sky is "tailor-made" for a track and its sun position. It is not a matter of editing the gdb with notepad, you would need to edit the sky too. This is not rF anymore, it is an another game with quite a few year of evolutions now…:) Please keep in mind than modding is not supported officially because of the contract with ISI.

• Like Like x 1
  13. muzarati

muzarati Member

That's all I asked, how does it work? Now I know I ...have found a fix anyway, thanks

• Like Like x 1