DynHUD on triple screen, need help

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by St3fan, Mar 23, 2016.

1. St3fan

St3fan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys I'm having trouble with DynHUD on my 5760*1080 triple setup. I made a screenshot under this resolution and put the screenshot in the DynHUD editor screenshot folder, and rename the screenshot file following the naming scheme of other files already in that folder. Then I use the editor and make my layout as shown below. However, when I launch the game, all the widgets are all on my center monitor.

I have made all widgets' position using pixel as unit. In the overlay.ini file the resolution is also correct:
    Design_Resolution = "5760x1080"

I'm confused. Could anyone help me figure out how to properly set the locations of those widgets?

Thanks.

3.jpg

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it actually loading th the widgets you changed on your overlay (can't be sure from the view on my cell)?

If it's not, then there might be your problem.
    Make sure you saved the overlay with the right name and that there are not others for the session you are on.

3. St3fan

It is loading the correct widgets, but they are all put in my center monitor instead where I want them to be. I removed all other overlay***.ini's, and there is only 1 overlay.ini in the configuration folder.

4. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having the same problem and I've tracked down to the multiview or multimonitor option in the config utility. When I use multimonitor, the game cramps everything in the center screen, but if I left it unchecked, the hud is arranged as intended. Not a perfect solution though, because now I have some kind of fish-eye look at both side screens :(

5. cazsan

cazsan New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having quite the same issue as described in thread but my configuration is quite different : I'm using Softth to get a three monitor display.

When getting ingame, no dynHud displayed at all... It all worked as intended on single screen.
    I double checked on dynHud editor and set everything as needed but nothing works...

My sides' screen resolution are both 1680x1050 and my center screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Plus I'm having some strange behaviors on the screen.
    My screens displays as it should be on the main screen (that is bigger than side screen) I'm getting strange distorted effects.
    Here are some screen of what I'm talking about (I did photos because screenshot does not render the complete screen but only the main on the left and black for the rest of the resolution).
    [​IMG]

Game menu
    [​IMG]

Ingame
    [​IMG]

6. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

St3fan, In the editor, there is an option to change the position of the widget by absolute pixels. Make sure you use this option and you can then place them exactly where you want.
    Also, be sure you have set your resolution to 5760x1080 in the config files.

7. St3fan

What you said is exactly what I did. You can see in my screen shot above that in the editor everything is positioned correctly (which you cannot do if you aren't using absolute pxiels), but in the game it doesn't work. I've read other people having same issue. It seems that you have to disable multiview to make DynHUD work, which is not ideal because you FOV will be screwed.

I'm waiting for the next update, or someone makes a AMS version of GID.