Automobilista v1.4.3 RELEASED, now updated to V1.4.32

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We havent managed to get integration for both new and old logitech drivers working in the same build yet - the new code for G29 breaks functionality for older wheels which is why theyre in split branches for now. We're trying to work that out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Uff

Uff New Member

In terms of wheel support, is there anything you can do to fix the problem with Fanatec products where degrees of rotation remain set as in the last car you drove? If I drive a car with 360 degrees and then I start iR/pCars/AC, my CSL-E PS4 will have 360 degrees instead of the 1080 I set.
    My rim is already set to Aut, driver and firmware is updated to the latest version available (v289).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Uff In my opnion I think that is fanatec or other games developer's problem.

I have a g27, and in the logitech software it allows to create a a diffetent profile for each game. Another example is rF2 and automobilista, both of them leaves the wheel software at last car setting, but if you switch between this two games it wouldn't be a problem even with a fanatec or thrustmaster because the game will set correctly to a specific car.

4. Uff

Uff New Member

The point is that there are not only AMS or rF2, but even other softwares with a proper calibration system that won't work properly because of this issue.
    So (as long as it's not a bug in Fanatec's SDK, but I don't think so) it's up to each developer to make sure that its game does not mess up other titles. AC recently added support to the latest Fanatec SDK too and at first it had the very same issue, if I recall correctly. It was then fixed and it would be nice if Studio 397 and Reiza would do the same.

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Unless something has changed, as far as I´m aware there´s no way for us to read and restore the existing wheel lock - our system only redefines the setting once the game is loaded. Ideally the wheel software should restore its previous setting once the user quits the game - the Logitech software does that but apparently neither Fanatec or Thrustmaster do, so that´s why this issue occurs with their wheels.

6. Uff

Uff New Member

Thank you Renato, I'll get in touch with Fanatec then, so that they can hopefully fix it in the future.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yah, it would be nice if there were industry standards for these sorts of functions and issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.