Vorpx and AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by MarcG, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've heard that some people have got AMS running nicely with the program Vorpx (adds "fake" VR support) but there seems to be very little recent information on this specific combination, is anyone here using it?
    I'm not wiling to shell out £30 for something that may be a load of rubbish and this is the only game I'm gonna be using it for, so I'd like to hear some opinions on it if possible, thanks all.

P.S. Please don't turn this into a VR WhingeFest, I'm fully accepting of Reizas reasoning as to no proper VR support and would just like information on Vorpx, thanks :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Seems to work...

• Like Like x 2
  3. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

nice thanks, shame I can't understand a thing he's saying but it looks good. Anyone able to comment further though please do :)

4. eric cline

eric cline New Member AMS2 Club Member

See this is 3 years old now but wondered if anyone got this and is it worth the money.

5. Simon Chapman

Simon Chapman New Member AMS2 Club Member

You'll be sorely disappointed if you expect a proper VR experience like AC/PC2. It's a waste of £30 IMO. I bought it last year, spent ages messing with it and eventually gave up. Nice idea to try and VR enable some older games, but not a great experience and very resource heavy. Also, developer doesn't give refunds, so not like Steam where you can get your money back if you don't like it. Wait a couple of months and you'll get proper VR support with AMS2.

6. ONA FLYER

ONA FLYER Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree completely! Pretty mjch a waste of time and money.....I spent a solid month trying to get it to work, and while in the end I got it working with Vorpx it was terrible, unplayable actually. Another few months and we should be running these brilliant Brazilian cars in AMS2

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I've never had a good experience using VorpX either. I'd suggest spending that money on rF2 and the Reiza DLC for it instead and run those in true VR.