Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Of course...The difference between qualy and race is big

2. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

I was racing this week with MCR 2000 @ Interlagos, and I noticed something quite interesting:

When I qualify in 6th (AI 105% @ Medium), in the race the top 5 guys in front of me was very quick and kept them pace even in first lap.
    In another race, I've raised the AI strength and got only the 20th place in qualy. In race, I could easily pass lots of cars, until I've reached P8. Then, I've started to match his pace.

Could it be that, in race, the AI are too afraid of causing colission with another car, that they get slower?

You can try two things:
    1 - Adjust AI strength so you get a top 5 position in qualy (don't know if you did it already)
    2 - Use High or Max Aggression, so AI could care less about being nice (again, don't know if you did it already)

That could be car related, or track related. Try MCR's @ Interlagos like I did, to see if happens to you too.

3. Juan Reinoso

I understand what you are saying, but, just to give you and example, I put formula truck on Taruma just to compare the times of IA with people on Time Trial Of The Week, with 100% the IA did 1 second faster than "Turks" on qualy, (like 1.16)!!!! I think that is impossible, I registered my time (1.18) and obviously I kept on last place, after that I skip to race, the IA on first laps was too slow, I could pass all of them too easily (19 IA, max agression%), they did like 1.20 of time, so I press esc, inmediatly I quit to boxes, on the next lap the IA start to do 1.16 again on race! That's so strange.

I'm going to try the combo what you said and I will comment you, thanks for your reply.

4. Lorencini

Bingo!

There is an old issue, since rFactor days, that you CANT skip to race, otherwise AI goes nuts.

Instead, just advance the time. If you press Control+T, time goes very fast. When qualifying time reaches zero, THEN you can safely advance to race.

Usually I set qualy to 15 minutes. That's plenty of time for you and AI to do their laps, and time acceleration goes very quick.

Reiza is aware of this, but seems to be something very difficult to fix.

Last but not least, take a look on this thread, it has very useful information:
    Tips for racing against the AI

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

About the quali/race pace difference, have you guys tried editing the aiw file?
    For instance change "RaceQualRatio=(1.0005)" to "RaceQualRatio=(1.0000)".
    That has improved offline racing for me. This can't be done in newer Reiza tracks since the aiw is hidden/encrypted but works for older Reiza tracks & mod tracks. A lot of track conversions don't have this line which can result in huge lap time differences between quali & race, so you need to edit the aiw file with Notepad add that line, place it after BestAdjust & before AIRange.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lorencini

Nice!
    Quick question: just RaceQualRatio parameter did the trick? Do you change any AI-related parameter also?

7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Kept the same in-game options (85% or so difficulty, medium aggression), adjusting RaceQualRatio made AI pace closer between quali & race, they're still faster in quali but by a small margin. For tracks that don't have the RaceQualRatio line in the aiw file, adding that line is definitely recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Juan Reinoso

I love you man, I didnt know about that. That's resolve the problem of the IA was incredibly fast on Qualy, but, I still feeling very slow IA in race compare to Qualy.

Today I tried on Taruma with Opalas 70, I classified 20/24 (100% IA, max aggr, 30 min race), I started to wining positons up to second place, it was hard to chase the first, like in middle of race I got the first position, then the IA didnt fight me anymore, they start to going like 1 second slower per lap.

9. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

I do not know about other combinations, but as a parameter, I performed a 40min and 19 AI 105% race with the Formula Ultimate in Spielberg and the numbers are: Average time Qualy: 1.05s and average time Race: 1.06.5s (100% race, the differences could be a little bigger).
    If compared to the actual F1 event of the last weekend (Spielberg) where the pole was 1.04.2s and the best lap of the race in 1.07.6s - In this example specifically the times in the AMS are with a much smaller difference between Q and R.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luca

Luca New Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch & Oulton Park (any layout)
    Car Used: Copa Montana & Copa Marcas (but I think others)
    Report: AI Cars at the back of Pit Box (under tent) crash on pit building at exit, at BH they also crash at Pit Entrance (on tyres or pit wall)
    Steps to reproduce: look the drive of AI Cars

11. Omm

Omm New Member AMS2 Club Member

Build v1.4.4 (Beta)

Track & Layout Used: Several
    Car Used: MCR
    Report: Mirrors in low resolution compared with other cars

12. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

V1.4.4b
    Track & Layout Used:
    Circuito dos Cristais
    Car Used: StockV8 2017
    Applicable Settings: Single Race
    Report: Side mirrors are missing in cockpit.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  13. AMS_SR

V1.4.4b
    Track & Layout Used:
    -
    Car Used: all cars all tracks
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: The "all cars all tracks" icon isnt in the middle of the screen and the white light isnt in the middle of the icon.

14. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track and Layout used: Hockenheimring 1977 GP
    Car used: Metalmoro MR18
    Applicable settings: Ai strength = 90% ; Ai agression = Max ; (24 Ai's)
    35 mins race ~ 18-19 laps
    Tyre Wear = normal ; Fuel Usage = x3 (8-9 laps to re-fuel)
    Report: All AI's who were running out of fuel just drove to the side of the track and automatically went back to garage, end race. I adjusted how much more fuel I need before pitting in. Tires were changed and damages fixed but was never refueled. AI's also did not pit in for damages(there was a pile up on the 2nd lap on one of the corners).

P.s. Thread was created in Help & Support section. Sorry 'bout that.

15. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track and Layout used: Spielberg Vintage
    Car used: Marcas Petrobas
    Applicable settings: Ai strength = 90% ; Ai agression = Max ; (24 Ai's)
    35 mins race
    Tyre Wear = normal ; Fuel Usage = x4
    Report: I did a race with this car on a mod track(Vanport) and was not allowed or could not refuel. I thought maybe it's the mod. So, I did another race, same car in Spielberg and the same thing happened. AI's ran out of fuel and I could not refuel. Changing tires and fixing damages is good though on mine, don't know about AI's.

16. Matías Corvino

Matías Corvino New Member

Track and Layout used: Johannesburg
    Car used: Any
    Applicable settings: -
    Report: The tracks did not finishes loading, it loads all the way and then the game crashes by itself ("Automobilista has stopped working"). Already tried checking installation.

17. AMS_SR

V1.4.4b
    Track & Layout Used:
    Circuito dos Cristais
    Car Used: StockV8 2017
    Applicable Settings: Single Race - Replay
    Report: The front of the cars are not visible sometimes, only the tires and the inner body.

Edit: second bug solved

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  18. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please provide a trace log for these CTDs / undetected controllers. Thanks.

In beta Trace.txt log is auto generated, in release you need to add 'trace=3' as a command option when launching the game (must be removed afterwards or config exe may not load)

It's in My Docs\Automobilista\Userdata\LOG or My Docs\Automobilista Beta\Userdata\LOG

19. Lorencini

This happens to me also in Interlagos with StockV8 2017. The front hood vanishes in all cars when you're leaving your pit and look left to see them.

20. Lorencini

It's a feature. Only Stock Car, Boxer, V8 Supercars and a couple of Formulas can refuel. This was made to match real-life series. If you want to refuel in Marcas, use 'All Cars All Tracks' menu, all cars refuel there.