No store page on steam

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Grinkit, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AC also getting a F138, no problems on that too.

It is really unfair that they strike it out on AMS then left AC, rFactor, pCARS, and so on alone. I had seen similar F1 liveries in those games for years, all the sudden they decide to punish AMS. Feels like bullying the small guys because its the easiest.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The point has been made by a few others, this "issue" is a great reason to have multiple sales channels. Eggs in one basket type thing.

3. Cheesenium

And we do really need to have alternative stores, Steam is being too complaisant these days with their near monopoly on the market. They do nothing when developers report issues, like the recent Watch Paint Dry game or the Eurotruck devs reported about a major community issue until poop hits the fan. Then, when things do hit the fan, they will do the most drastic move, ie:remove the whole game from the store without talking to the devs on what happened.

How the hell Reiza going to make money when their game is removed from the store now? I dont even know whether they are taking their damn sweet time to put it back to the store.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

if its an infringement then surely they can't sell the product AT ALL anymore until said altercations are removed or adjusted.

5. Arjen (Moonshine Racing)

Arjen (Moonshine Racing) League Host

@ Cheesenium

I can only think that maybe the other race games have a license to use the F1 cars and it is possibly the only reason them race games were not removed.

6. Grinkit

Grinkit New Member AMS2 Club Member

Stock Car Extreme has nearly exact content as Automobilista and is still there

7. Arjen (Moonshine Racing)

Arjen (Moonshine Racing) League Host

If I understand by the FOM complaint it has to do with 2016 game releases.

8. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

I hate to jump on the speculation bandwagon but that last comment by @Grinkit really made sense. SCE does have nearly everything AMS does, with the exception of the Formula V10, and that game is still on Steam. I suppose the V10 could be too closely resembling the 2002 Sauber C21. And if this is the FOM behind this - is that just a coincidence? Moreover, if they are complaining about a copyright of a 2002 car in the year 2016 then my goodness that is some sad stuff right there. But for the real racing series that is in as sad of a state as they are, it all makes even more sense to me.

We support Reiza and we are with you through the good and the bad. We will keep posting our comments and we will fight for you because we care and we respect the sim racing passion you share with us.

9. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene Member AMS2 Club Member

Will FOM be against Microsoft Excel in the future as well? You are not allowed to use Formulas anymore...

As long as I don't know the details...I better stay calm and wait. I trust in Reiza that they solve the problem. I will still watch F1 and support Max Fasten... :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheesenium

I am still more concern about the income for Reiza as the game is still not listed on Steam.

11. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In my opinion, targeting only the last product from Reiza,
    and everyone knowing how good it is, smells like unfair competition... But I belive in Karma ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean like Kunos, ISI and Sector3 joined in Association against too good simracing games and ratted on Reiza? Nah Sector 3 are nice guys they wouldn't :)

13. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

This started to get worryng. 4 days already passed, and we are in the mid of a colossal ****storm.

The most worrying thing, it's not the copyright problem, but people of the "simracing community" that moan about "illegal activity". This is f***** stupid, LFS had for years cars that looks like the original counterparts, and nobody moaned about it.

More and more developers are moving to the "simcade side of the force" lol, and what is happening to us, to Reiza, is just ridiculous.

I hope the better for Renato and the guys, I just hope we can continue to enjoy this project as it is now. Keep fighting Renato!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No doubt. The "fictional" car shapes and skinning has been going on for 10 years without issue. WTF... Now, the single studio that is trying to stay "hardcore simulation" is "magically" tripped up by copyright infringement?

Top it off with the douche bags over on "the blog that will not be named", pee'in all over the house like excited puppies going on and on about alleged illegal content. WITH NO PROOF

If I were Reiza... I would find a hobby with fewer assholes in it.

15. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

That's why I personally think it was V-10 that started it all.

16. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually, the name of the V-10 tyre can be where the problem is..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. Name

Name New Member

So you are suggesting that this is an abuse?

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I´m linking to an explanation as to how it can be abused. The power to take content down even if just temporarily based on a simple DMCA claim, without specification as to where and how there has been an infringement is what makes it potentially abusive in nature.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And you still haven't obtained informations where AMS is specifically breaking rules? I'm not asking for those specifications, just curious if you get all info you need to make your case against those accusations or fixing what needs to be fixed so you can put your time in to developement rather than to dealing with this $hit (pardon my french)... I'm sure you prefer to do that....(i know that developement probably continues anyway....)

• Like Like x 1