Help with FFB for TMX

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Riverside, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Riverside

Riverside New Member

Hello, big fan of AMS for its physics but I have basically abandoned it because can't get the feeling right with FFB

Used a couple of mods with specific "real feel" settings and those are better, but I wonder if someone can provide me with standard or "normal" FFB settings for Thrustmaster TMX that don't make it feel like two pulleys going sideways all the time

Help would be much appreciated : |

2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would that "pulley" feeling be because you have the FFB reversed?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. Riverside

Riverside New Member

It was indeed reversed and it might have been the Clio mod as told in another post, thanks; I also followed Renato's suggestions and it does feel better but, I don't know, still a very not-great feeling, driveable, but I am not one with time to spend in calibrating too much; I hope time is spent in improving this going forward.

Thanks again.

4. Scraper

Well, at least it's a little better. May I ask what your FFB strength and Low Force Boost are in AMS? :)

5. Riverside

Riverside New Member

Used Renato's recommendation 80% Strength, I lowered to 75%, and 20% other effects; it is all right, I guess don't feel the realism of a wheel as I do with other sims but at least is doesn't pull to the sides that noticeably anymore. Thks again

6. Scraper

As an experiment (please make a note of your settings before changing anything), you could try changing your FFB settings to Pure (this means no "artificial" effects).

Reiza recommends 20-40% FFB Low Force Boost for the T500. A TMX's maximum torque is slightly less than a T500's, so maybe a Low Force Boost of 50-60% would do the trick. Would these settings be worth a try?

FFB 100%, FFB Low Force Boost 50 - 60%
    FFB 80%, FFB Low Force Boost 50 - 60%

If you find it difficult to drive in a straight line because the wheel keeps pulling to the side, your FFB is reversed. Change it to -100% or vice versa.

If nothing else, this will give you a range of experiences and might help you fine-tune your FFB. You always have Renato's suggestions to fall back on. Sorry if I have wasted your time. :)