FFB Smoothing/Tweaking Software ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by MysticReverie, Jul 22, 2017.

1. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi
    I am pretty pleased with my FFb now using my Thrustmaster T150.
    But occasionally I get spikes or 'knots' in the wheel. But if I turn the FFB down to avoid the little knots, then I don't get strong enough general FFB in other areas.
    I've heard people talk about some kind of FFB tweaking software that can monitor or smooth it out?
    But I don't know what it is called, or if it is suitable to run with AMS.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

The only things that come to mind are some software for use with specific hardware; the AccuForce system has SimCommander and the OSW has MMos but, beyond that - it's a matter of adjusting game FFB or wheel driver settings. RealFeel is also a possibility but, that is essentially, tweaking files lying deeper within the game FFB settings.

3. Allaeius

Allaeius Beginner AMS2 Club Member

There isn't really any FFB smoothing or tweaking software that does it automatically for AMS. AC have this neat app by a third party developer called FBBClip. We don't have it here, we don't even have an FFB monitor. Renato said we don't need it.

So here's what I think, your wheel might be using a gear driven motor and not belt-driven. It's normal to feel some hard effects and is definitely noisier than belt driven. If you're worried, set it to around 80% in game and set the FFB Low Force Boost to about 20%-40%, also in game. You shouldn't need to modify anything from the driver, Thrustmaster doesn't have a software to keep different profiles unlike Logitech.

4. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks
    I left my wheel settings at default in the thrustmaster config panel.
    And in AMS game I set my wheel to 70% strength, and 6% low boost.

It's surprising how much different a few % can make.
    It feels great now.

5. Manwith Noname

Manwith Noname New Member

It was mentioned briefly but AMS uses the realfeel plugin which does actually have a number of controls available people tend to miss.

[​IMG]

These settings will be stored on a per car basis and can be found inside the "RealFeelPlugin.ini" file which can be read with any text editor. If you do get in to tweaking each car, I would keep a backup of this file since it might get overwritten by game updates / verifying files through Steam.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there an app to guide with clipping, or just have to use this only by feel? And is there a guide to what the functions do (ie. sharper FF response, mix, RFP?, etc.)?

7. Manwith Noname

Manwith Noname New Member

So, I'm not aware of a clipping app for Automobilista but, largely, I don't feel I need one. I drop the overall FFB in the main menu to 80% and be done. The signal output by the game might be clipping at times but I never really notice forces of the same magnitude as my wheel's "soft lock", which I had always imagined would be the equivalent to a maxed FFB signal. At least in pCars with default FFB, I could run in to soft locks without noticing.

As for the realfeel controls:

Softer / sharper FF response = Damping...I think.
    RFP mix = how much Real feel plugin FFB you get vs stock ISImotor FFB...I think.

I would tend to leave most settings for the stock content as is, just use it for little niggles, so to speak. For example, some Logitech users may like a bit of smoothing and damping on the dirt vehicles, or even track vehicles if they run over a lot of harsh kerbs. The Logitech rattle can be quite annoying more than anything. Personal preference I guess.