1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RWB|REVS|PRC Endurance Event

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Rodders, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

RWB, PRC and REVS are holding an endurance event on Saturday 5th August. It will be a dual class event with 30 places up for grabs and aiming for a 50:50 car class split.

If you're up for the challenge, sign up HERE.

The RWB Endurance server is now running for practice and testing and any questions or issues getting setup please get in touch with me, Kevin Cox from REVS or Koba from PRC.

RWB Discord server attendance is required for the race - HERE. No need to speak so long as you can hear for any important info during the event. During the race we enforce strict race comms only so your concentration won't be broken by chatter (and by heck you'll need it :))

Thanks - Rodders.

Main Race Info
    • EEC GT3 and Metamoro
    • No car restrictions on GT3
    • Hockenheim 88
    • 5th August
    • 8:00pm Qualy - 25 mins
    • 5 min warmup
    • 2hr long race
    • Rolling Start
    • Tuning on
    • Open pit strategy (no rules on tyre changes, compounds or otherwise)
    • X10 time progression for a 20hrs simulated race
    • In-game start time - 3am (this start time avoids the hrs between 11pm and 3am when it is pitch black and very hard to get around Hockenheim 88)

Additional Info:

Flag Rules - Full
    Fuel and tyre usage normal
    Mechanical failures normal
    Track starting condition - light
    Track progression normal
    Assists allowed

Driver Swaps:

You have the option to share the driving with someone for the race. Driver swapping works in AMS however it can be a bit buggy and is at the risk of the drivers that want to use it. See the full process as we understand it to swap at the bottom of this message.

About the EEC GT3 Mod:

We are running v2.1 which is available on the EEC website. If you have any trouble getting hold of it please let me know.

We've fixed the issue with the sound crackling on most of the GT3 cars since v1.4 of AMS. This isn't an essential update (you won't get mismatches without it) but I'd recommend it. It also re-balances the volumes of the GT3 cars where some were very quite and some very noisy. The louder cars are still louder and the quieter ones quieter but now there isn't as large a gap and your own car isn't as likely to get drowned out by the louder beasts (yes we're looking at you Corvette and Z4). This fix is available - HERE.

Driver swap process:

Driver swap procedure

Pre-reqs
    • Assign a key to
      • Passenger select
      • Pit request
      • LCD Mode
      • LCD up
      • LCD Down
      • LCD Increase
      • LCD Decrease
    • Active driver joins server as normal and picks a car
    • Standby driver joins the server as a spectator
    Swap Process
    • Driver 1 sets off
    • On pit lap, driver 2 selects their teammate from the driver list in the pit menu and presses their passenger select key then clicks the join race button to become a passenger in the car
      • NOTE - do not change view once in the car
    • Driver 1 requests a pitstop and in the on screen pit options scrolls down to driver select and selects the passengers name
    • Driver 1 pits and the swap to the 2nd driver is made automatically after the pitstop
    • Repeat the process to swap back to driver 1

NOTES
    • Do not become the passenger until the pit lap. Doing so too early can lock both drivers out the car
    • A pitstop must be requested prior to entering the pits
    • Setups are shared but you can change Rollbars and Brake balance when driving and tyre pressure and wing via the pit menu.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodders

Hi,

Well the summer months are taking it's toll and we only have 11 drivers signed up so far. I'm expecting more but this will could be a cracker of a race if we can get more drivers and if you've never tried an endurance race, they really are a great experience.

First one I took part in I spun and had to pit for damage after the first lap - last place. Gutted. Got the head down and managed to get 2nd in the end and it was one of the best racing experiences I've had, as are other endurance races I've taken part in.

I'll confirm next week if we have the numbers to make it happen and we need you guys and gals to help it get there!

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodders

Sorry for the quiet here - been away from home. Back now and glad to say 18 are signed up so looking good.

Practice session tonight from 9:30pm-ish UK time for a chance to get some run time with others plus a practice start and some night driving.

RWB Events server is currently unlocked but will have a password set prior to the race on Saturday - password will be emailed out if you supplied an email address otherwise get hold of someone on our Discord server - HERE

4. Marcos

Marcos Member

Sorry but I can't participe in this carrer because I am out sorry :D