Temporary freezes (not stuttering)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Zoluca, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Zoluca

Zoluca New Member

Greetings!

I`ve been encountering a very strange error in Automobilista. While driving, sometimes I get temporary freezes, that last from 0.5 to 1 second, and then the game resumes normally, that happening multiple times.

Oddly enough, sometimes the problem vanishes after restarting the game, but I keep having the issue ever so often when I start the game.

I`m pretty sure that what I`m experiencing isn`t stuttering, they`re really temporary freezes. I have also tried disabling the DynHUD and the spotter voice, but that doesn`t seem to solve the problem.

Any thoughts on the matter? Thanks in advance!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

I suffer from the same issue since about a couple of weeks ago.
    Before that, AMS worked flawless, never had a similar issue.
    Now, it is simply not doable to drive.
    Mostly I can manage one lap, then it starts, or rather stops...
    Screen freezes for a short time, sound continues, FFB is still there. It does that a few times in a row, mostly enough to make me crash, very disturbing.
    No matter if I'm in free practice (alone or with AI does not seem to make any difference at all) or racing, whatever car, whatever track.
    Restarting makes no difference, I get the same issue after a short while.
    It's only in AMS, other sims are not affected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I am also noticing some periods with this - seems to be frame-drops that last for 30 - 60 seconds, a few seconds or so apart.
    (Lancer @ Londrina)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  4. Manwith Noname

Manwith Noname New Member

Try disabling the Windows service "Superfetch".

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Thanks a lot ! :)
    Total PC noob here, but I found a way to disable it and guess what, the issue is gone (have only done 2 x 4 laps, but no trace of the "freeze" for now.)

Am I going to notice some downsides having disabled the Superfetch ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Manwith Noname

Manwith Noname New Member

In my experience, no, you probably will not notice much difference in your PC's performance. Superfetch is a service which predicts what you might do and loads files in to RAM before you use them. On a modern computer, with SSD's and alike you probably won't notice things being loaded on demand rather than in advance.

I've had this problem with AMS since release but early on it was really minor. Tiny hitches every now and then. As time went on, the hitches became severe stutters lasting several seconds but between those the game would run flawlessly. Eventually I got fed up and monitored my CPU usage and the processes being used while playing. When these hitches occurred, every core on my CPU would be hijacked by a Windows process (Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)) and googling that pointed to Superfetch, even though it isn't listed when you expand it in task manager.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried w/ superfetch disabled. Haven't played AMS for a while and I got freezes. Single Test session only, FPS locked at 83 seems fine. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Another solution:
    Windows 10 Gameing Mode.
    or:
    System at "High Performance".
    I recomend this:
    This is a good scripted "Tool" ,wich i use:Eigen geschriebene Software (SpyderCPU)
    If you get errors from Antivirus like MS Defender ,disable "the check unknown files from other computers",cause it's a script and Win10 does not like this:oops::)!

Then it is also gone.
    DC

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use ProLasso Bitsum High Performance, I believe it's similar to 'System-High Performance'? MS Gaming is off in my system.

I can't open the site to the script, Chrome or Edge.