Automobilista v1.4.7 RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.72

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AMS_Ibarra_v147_1.jpg

Below is the Changelog for v1.4.54 -> v1.4.7:

CONTENT
    • Added Ibarra track (two layouts: normal & reverse)

FEATURES & FIXES
    • Added surround sound support (please run AMS Config to set up your audio output properly)
    • Multiplayer lobby improvements: General UI Tweaks; Pinned Reiza Servers; Improved Server Sorting; Added Series to Lobby; Added Bookmarks to list and ability to add / remove bookmarks; Fixed Beta in game Lobby; Added classification to server details; Fixed General Steam plugin issues, including reporting of Series, Players vs AI count and more
    • Added Upper Deadzone for Axis Settings
    • Fixed loading of FFB levels when game was set to 360hz, and the loaded level had 180hz
    • Updated Xbox One and 360 controller presets to XInput. Fixed clutch assignment on G25 Preset
    • Added XInput support (no FFB yet but will be added in the next release)
    • Improved info when creating a new profile about auto loaded preset on controller page.
    • Added button on Controller setting to detect the best preset for your controller.
    • Added Auto Loading for Xbox One controller.
    • Forced default controller profiles to resync to users game folder at every game load
    • Added global Cockpit Preference Option (for driver arms, LHD, RHD etc) to Display screen (no longer needs to be set for each car Configuration)
    • Added "Driver Arm Rotation Lock" option to PLR file for users who wish to disable the 90º rotation lock when arms are enabled (please note this may cause severe clipping at larger angles)
    • Several minor UI Adjustments
    • Fixed bug to display current Opponent Tire Compound color in multiplayer
    • Fixed Inconsistencies with Start Grid Position when changing AI Numbers on Single Race
    • Fixed Pit Box objects showing when there are always cars visible
    • Fixed a couple of bugs that could cause the game to crash in Championship mode
    • Fixed bug with in-game multiplayer game creation settings not working
    • Fixed bug where tire compound in replay would overwrite current setup
    • Fixed bug in AI pit strategy that could cause the AI to come repeatedly into the pits needlessly
    • Upscaled all vehicle body LOD Out values from 600 to 750m to address cars lodding in and out on long visible track segments
    • Updated road & terrain textures for Floripa, Jacarepagua, Johannesburg, Ribeirao, Ortona, Velopark to latest standards
    • Several minor shader improvements: a bit of AO to Ambient Lighting on Terrains; diffuse scroll shaders with and with out fog; Adjusted tree shader so it acts more naturally at dusk
    • Adjusted AI draft values so it remains in draft a little longer
    • Adjusted pit tire thresholds, making AI stay out longer into tire life for series where tire stops are not regular
    • Enabled pit menu refuelling on physics level (so now refuelling is determined fully by SRS setting - allowed in all cars / tracks, follows series actual regulations in their respective SRS)
    • Added / corrected aid weight penalties for cars that were missing them
    • Updated Push-to-pass boost values in Stock Car, Montana
    • Jaca Historic: Fixed crash when loading
    • VIR: Fixed flickering on paddock buildings
    • Kansai: Improved AO on main grandstand and pit building
    • Cadwell & Spielberg Historic: Fixed flickering on overhead signs/bridges at T1
    • Ortona: Fixed flickering on pit building at a distance
    • F-Ultimate: updated HALO model
    • F-V12: Fixed ID error for Time Trial mode
    • F3: Fixed F309 cockpit mirrors
    • Marcas: Updated onboard sounds

EDIT: v1.4.72 now up - this is a hotfix to address some of the main issues that have come up since the last release. Changelog:
    • Fixed a few issues with multiplayer lobby, including bug that could cause lobby list not to show up
    • Fixed a bug in which if user's My Documents folder is a Drive's root folder, the game does not work creating the player file when (just stays on the enter driver name screen)
    • Fixed bug where controller input would register complete left when exactly 0 input was given
    • Fixed other engine sounds playing out of time
    • Fixed occasional audio artifacts with other distant cars on external cameras
    • Tykki: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
    • Ibarra: Optimized AI line through first and last corners
    • F-Retro: Fixed AI fuel estimate

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users
    : Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.7_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

GENERAL NOTES:

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.54 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 6
  2. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Woohoo - opponent tyre compound update comes just in time for our F-Ult league which starts tonight :)

3. Roberto Moraes

Roberto Moraes New Member

Reiza Studios sempre me surpreendendo!!

4. Raul

Raul New Member

Nice work fixing those bugs :)

5. troublemaker

troublemaker New Member AMS2 Club Member

did they bring back the tree at VIR?

6. Luca

Luca New Member

@ Reiza Studios : why the pit exit of Yahuarcocha is so bad ? The cars exit directly in the path of cars already on track coming at high speed and causing a lot of accidents.
    It'd would be more logic to use the original pit building, as it stands it's a mess and a way to ruin an exceptional track.
    What a waste.............

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No servers are visible on the multiplayer page in game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sektor

Sektor Member

Xinput, cool!

9. TeTeT

TeTeT New Member AMS2 Club Member

I got a virus warning on XPACT or something alike being recognized in the AMS.exe for the update. Anyone else run into this problem? Also I see no multiplayer servers anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Zanardi

Zanardi New Member

What tree?
    Google Maps
    But yeah i also would love a version with the famous Oak Tree!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MARCELO SAMPAIO

MARCELO SAMPAIO New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having this same problem.

12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There should be a heads up to controller users that they may need to reconfigure their controller settings after this update, I had to reconfigure all the buttons on my Xbox 360 wired controller both in the beta and in the full game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ziras

Ziras New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here, you can get around it by either using the Steam Server Browser (after exiting the game), or connecting via IP address using the + in the in-game browser. Hope this becomes a priority fix Reiza, you've done a stellar job as usual otherwise!

14. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not satisfied with performance. Playing on basic gfx preset, ca. 150fps and it's constantly dropping
    and twitching. Will be stable and then just a sudden drop by 10-20 fps and it drastically affects the performance, causing a very obvious slowdown. And then back to stable for a while and then again drops..

Was already thinking i found a ''solution'' by going with the basic gfx preset - it was running quite smoothly before the last update...

Maybe it's just Ibarra. Was playing mostly Ibarra, since v1.4.7 came out.

15. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Ibarra is a blast...running Lancer Cup right now. Thank you!
    I did have a couple of frame drop incidents, too, which is unusual for AMS.

16. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

thanks Reiza ! Keep it up!

17. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have a bookmarked server on steam that is not online the server list comes up empty. We'll get a fix pushed out asap. (Tomorrow hopefully)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

• Enabled pit menu refuelling onphysics level (so now refuelling isdetermined fully by SRS setting - allowed in all cars / tracks, follows series actual regulations in their respective SRS)...... can someone please explain this. Had trouble with the AI running out of fuel during races (super v8) using x2 fuel to get them to stop at least once during a 120km race. Does it mean that i can set the fuel tank size in the game set up menu now to stop cars from running out of fuel? Cheers

19. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no idea what is happening with the game now, after this update.
    As soon I start it, and jumps to page 2 of the content...it crashes to desktop. Same thing when I try to acess Multiplayer. It crashes.
    No message of error is given.
    And I have to CTRL ALT DEL Steam, because it says AMS is running.

Already tried 2 integrity checks, and restart the PC. Same problem.

That is a first to me. Never had any problems with AMS, with all updates.

Any help? thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member