Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Member AMS2 Club Member

Im having difficulties aswell. Im a old user of AMS, never had any problems, but this last update really broke something on my instalation. I cant make it work.
    I tried to create a new profile, to no avail.
    Happens to me the same way it happens to Toncho32.

@Alex Sawczuk , my directory is C:\Users\Documents\Me\Automobilista

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the game folder/ams.exe white listed with your anti virus?

Rerun the config app and make sure everything is ok there.

What about your Pc spec? What OS are you running?

Try temp disabling any other services / apps that run at startup that might conflict, including MSI afterburner, OBS etc

3. Angelo dos Santos

Im running out of moves here, other than delete the whole thing and reinstall from scratch...:(.
    Since the word go with AMS I never had much troubles with it, even with all updates, all was working just fine. Until this last update.

My AMS was working 100% fine with the actual configuration I have. No problems at all.
    By now I did 5 integrity checks, deleted most of the Mods and skins, tried to create a new profile...and the problem persists.
    I launch the game, it starts normally. Then it crashes while in the Main Menu. Crashes straight to the desktop. No error messages, nothing at all.

The only odd thing Im noticing is that, Im using a G27 wheel. And I have the profiler. After this update, my logitech profiler is launching automatically when I start the game. This never happened. And after the crash, if I dont close the profiler, the game on Steam is listed as "Running". As soon I close the profiler, the Steam closes the game and the status get back to normal.

Windows 7 Ultimate. Intel I5 3570K, GTX 1070, 16Gb RAM, basically. And my antivirus is not blocking anything. AVG Antivirus.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  4. Angelo dos Santos

Any chance of those new Áudio configurations mess with something?!
    Im using simple headphones, and is listed on the Config Tool configured as Speakers.
    Already tried to change it, to Headphones, but the problem still there.

5. Alex Sawczuk

Hi, we would prefer you don't try to reinstall. We would prefer find the solution. The Logitech Profiler sounds like it maybe a clue. But please bare in mind it's a Sunday...

You didn't switch to the G29 branch by accident?

6. Angelo dos Santos

No, I didnt. Right now, as stands, I cant even reach the control settings inside the game. It crashes before that.

Everty time I try something, I do a Integrity check. Everytime I get one file missing and being recovered. It shoudnt be like this, I guess...

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone with issues online? Gotta cancel a race today, people join and listen sounds from other cars (we were running 3rd party mods) instead of their own, seems to be affecting connection as well to some people. No idea if it's our server issue, but we didn't have this problem before the update

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Will Mazeo - while driving they hear someone else's car instead of their own?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Will Mazeo

Yep, they click to drive and listen nothing, then all of sudden the sound of someone else's car starting like they are in their cockpit.

10. Domagoj Lovric

How many players / what mod?

11. Will Mazeo

we had 20 people, the gt3 mod

12. dctoe

dctoe New Member

I was there, and this is correct. It was happening despite me adjusting my environmental settings or anything else. Almost as if the other players car was right on top of my car. About to see if it happens offline. If so, I will try to capture a small video clip of it for you.

13. Domagoj Lovric

That won't help, the sliders on audio page are mere volumes for sound effects.
    You can try just for the sake of testing - lower opponents to 0% and see if you still get wrong veh sound.
    Sounds are played based on internal game logic tied to each vehicle,something is corrupting here as yours vehicle gets the sound of other ( some id corruption).

14. Toncho32

Toncho32 New Member

Hi Alex,
    d:\\Automobilista\config.ini
    I am running it with Windows 10 ,
    Regards

15. dctoe

dctoe New Member

Indeed, you are correct. Nothing I did helped it at the time.
    I am not having the same problem offline, so I will have to go to the server.

16. Alex Sawczuk

17. dbr93

dbr93 New Member

I was here too,and i can confirm,also is true offline all work perfect,and also before update never had this problem..
    It is something like you listen (very loud) different samples, sometimes idle, sometimes on throttle samples ,from differents cars in grid,it happen for me at least 1 time all 2 laps,and always stay here for 8-10 seconds ..
    Thanks for plugin and for reply we try it when we can.

18. Domagoj Lovric

Can anyone upload a replay, and also which track this happened on?

19. Will Mazeo

It was that phillip island from patrick for SCE, only modified to work in AMS and add tire compound restriction for our Australian GT series
    I'll request if one of the members had the issue and the replay active to post it

20. Alex Sawczuk

So you have something strange going on, are you running the game as root admin?

This file should be in your my documents. It's likely the game for some reason isn't picking up it's permissions correctly to write your player profile.