dedicated .. crashes Windows Datacenter 2016 instantly

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Uani, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Uani

Uani Member AMS2 Club Member

..or I'm only instantly logged out. I can't tell, I'm connected via RDP.

Any idea? Both when run from Steam logged in and when run exe directly with Steam running not logged in.

How to solve?

2. Uani

The hardware infrastructure provider completely setup the Windows Server again and the issue still occurs. Does someone have ever experienced a crash of the OS when attempting to start the dedicated server? How have you solved it?

Or what can I look out for? The Windows Event Log for example is a complete nuisance to work with (very slow, very bad filtering capabilities).

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm unfamiliar with data center 2016.. does it have a full gui interface like normal windows? You shouldn't need to have steam running anymore we added the appropriate APIs, but it shouldn't make a difference if it is.

4. Uani

Hi, yes it has a full gui (like Windows 10).

It might be some issue with the providers hardware or Datacenter not supporting DirectX 9 or some other fundamental requirement not present. I asked here early (guessing it might be the dedicated server :eek:), I'm sorry if it turns out to be the provider. Anway, it's not solved yet so I'm happy to hear any suggestion :)

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dx9 shouldn't be required for the dedi iirc, maybe some .net framework is required tho (3.5 I think)

6. Uani

datacenter 2016 still crashes for me however a friend has it working there. I'm back to 2012 r2 now and it works again ..