Automobilista v1.4.7 RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.72

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 2, 2017.

1. kamtcho

kamtcho New Member AMS2 Club Member

i am trying to connect multiplayer, but on every server i connect i am not able to play, I see my name under line with server like on screen i attached. What is the problem with my connection?
    [​IMG]

2. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

You have joined as spectator

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Drove the camaro around Ibarra this morning which was a nice combo.
    Few issues tho....
    Audio is getting a lot of static crackling noise after gear shifts, after curbs and coming back on track.
    In the menus, if you move your cursor quickly over menu options that have an audible sound it crackles. Very noticeable when you turn the menu music off. I thought it was my headset but it does not do this in any other title or in windows.

After exiting the game steam minimalizes itself to 3/4 of my display....very minor but no other title does that after exiting a game

Thrustmaster profile doesn't revert back to 900 degrees after playing

Windows 10 x64
    Sound onboard Realtek High definition audio stock settings no enhancements
    Headphones Bose QuietComfort 35
    AMS Audio stereo headphones
    tried changing the reverb and other audio settings but makes no difference.

4. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, the static is unfortunate. Ruins the otherwise well done curb effects/other sounds.

5. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Well nothing new there... It was there before. I had several attempts ar fixing it. Will have some more too.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Domagoj Lovric Keep plugging away. I am impressed by how much you have been able to squeeze out of the old code. AMS's sound has got better and better and is now one of the best aspects of the sim. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Domagoj Lovric

Thanks for kind words!
    And old code has undergo alot of modifications, many new things were created from scratch.
    This can be said for alot game engine parts.As said in beta forum, new surround positioner is our pure in house work. No 3rd party api's used. If original code is 1.0, then this is at least 1.7 :p

• Like Like x 5
  8. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am no sound tech by any means but would the stereo surround ingame option work with my bose QC35 and onboard realtek audio? As i am currently using the stereo headphone option.
    I remember reading something about a new virtual surround option in the windows playback option too.

9. Domagoj Lovric

Surround headphones is there for two purposes: either virtual surround mode (with stereo headphones) (numerous ones available (dolby headphone, dolby atmos, creative cmss-3d, creative sbx-pro, win10 inbuilt one.., razer surround, etc). Feel free to test and report back! Hint: you might need to reduce "master volume" in game if you notice game audio "crushed", sounding like heavily compressed fm radio.
    Anyway, do not expect miracles from virtual surround.
    Second thing for what surround headphones is meant, well to output to surround headphones (out there there are ones that aren't discrete, but actually stereo with virtualized surround).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I'm using Sennheizer HD 555's stereo headphones in surround mode (Win10 audio) and notice improved sound separation and spatial effects overall. Some of the effect volumes need to be adjusted to get proper balance among various sounds but, I do like it and very much appreciate the work put into this.

I don't know if it's possible but, something I still wish for in AMS is greater diversity among the approach / departure sounds - especially in regard to the engine exhaust. Some of the sound mods in AC replicate the effect quite well but, I'm not sure filters alone can achieve the effect; I suspect different samples are needed to represent the raspy exhaust notes after cars have passed by the camera.

I also feel most racing titles could do more to accentuate the backfire and engine-braking sounds. Dirt Rally does a an outstanding job with back-fire / rumble sounds IMO.

Most of the interior sounds are very well done in AMS IMO, a bit of resonance in some of the cars could be nice I suppose, oh - and more backfires please. ;)

Overall, great work on the audio front though.:)

11. Domagoj Lovric

What you mention (exhaust / intake) as car passes by, that's something that would as feature be easier part if job to code in, but imagine how many cars there are in ams × 20 external engine samples( intake / exhaust), old ones would't see much fit in there. That would be huge task to acheive in game. Guess not all vehicles require it, but most would do. We indeed try to resolve this by different filtering when car us incomning vs when it is away..
    For same reason we do not have reverb /echo on interior sounds when in garage / under brigdes / close to walls. All tracks need custom rework / addition of such trigger areas.
    And backfires.. That must be one of oldest still opened and unresolved task on my tasks board :d System should be better.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah in game lobby still bugged, but not all servers. Our EEC server give correct info, BoxRaceBrasil had 10 people online but showed 0 in lobby

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

That sounds like a lot of work indeed and I imagine it's why it's so rarely done to that extent. None the less, you're doing very good work and please, carry on. :)

14. Domagoj Lovric

@Dean Ogurek Just noticed in your rig-sig this little thing:

Audio: SoundBlaster ZX

IIRC it should have SBX-Pro on it (part of which is headphone surround virtualizer). Think it's own surround sound - to stereo headphones virtualizer is much better then windows one. You should try that!

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hoped to have fixed it in 1.472. at this stage I'm unsure if they're running the latest update or not. If anyone finds themselves not appearing let me know.

16. Jan Mikuž

Man, this seat position changing pisses me off. :mad:
    How can i set the position for every car how i want it without it affecting the others ?

Was driving yesterday many different cars.
    Made no changes to the seat position of any of the cars and now i join again in Opala 86
    and the seat position has changed..
    I want it to stay forever like i've set it up, not that i'm required to readjust every time.
    Is this possible ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jan Mikuž

Obviously it's got smth to do with switching series and sometimes the seat position is carried over to another series.
    But sometimes it doesn't and remains as initially set. This is one of those little "simple" things that shouldn't annoy the user.

I also notice sometimes it seems like the game fails to register that i switched series, because when i exit and then reenter the game the series highlighted is not the one that was last used.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That´s not an unreasonable request. We've been making some tweaks to cam settings already, will look into POV settings at some point in the near future.

If I could make a reasonable request of my own Jan, its perfectly possible and welcome for you to be as profilic in your feedback as you are without constantly expressing how much the game pisses you off. Such little things shouldn´t be that grating ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Jan Mikuž

Constantly ? o_O No way. That's not me.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

In some cars in the REPLAYS the driver's arms are steering already, in some not. When will that be implemented totally. I'm waiting for the Caterhams to have that feature too. Thanks!

I LOVE this sim. Haven't been playing Ac for weeks. Only this.

Cheers
    Robin