Problem Identified but not resolved - Help please

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Buster28, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Buster28

Buster28 New Member

Very suddenly Automobilista stopped working for me ? Purchased from Steam around 12 months ago and all has been fine up till now ?

The sim will start and allow me to choose any combination I wish, it will then load into the garage, at this point I can hear other cars ect ect ...All is fine, but when I click the arrow to go onto the track the sim will freeze

I carried out a file integrity from within steam - no missing files ..the sim will freeze and crash
    Deleted the the sim from hard drive and re-installed - sadly no change.

After carrying out some searches on the net, I decided to delete the file d3d9.dll ...GREAT, the game ran fine (I was at last getting somewhere) ..problem is, I play multiplayer most of the time, so require the DynHUD to be running, to give me race information.

The stage I am currently at is ...got the sim running with the d3d9.dll file :) but not able to select anymore than approximately 10 AI players ?? as long as I keep the AI numbers low all is fine ? ..yes very weird for me ...

Only last week I was practicing using the AI ...the least number I would ever use previously was 22 ..depending on the track, sometimes I would run with up to 30 AI without any problems, the sim ran great.

Strangely I have also just got the same problem with another sim ....can only select a few AI, anymore and it also crashes? ...so that tells me its my system and not the sim ...

It does appear to me that there is some sort of memory issue going on? that is a pure guess though ...

Does anybody have any idea what might be going on ? ..this problem has literally happened over the last few days ..

The main reason for posting here, is in the hope that somebody else may have experienced the same issue and can help me ?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It something to do with the latest windows 10 update, unsure why right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yes we had at least 4 racing last night that had to delete the d3d9.dll after the win10 update.
    I am sure you will work it out, java related i guess?

4. Buster28

Buster28 New Member

Any news on a "Hotfix" yet? ...having to delete or rename the d3d file does cause other major issues ..