Adding more AI Drivers

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by EzStepper, Jul 8, 2017.

1. EzStepper

EzStepper New Member

Just to get this out of the way, I'm a fairly experienced sim racer and computer literate.

I am having trouble adding more than 20 AI drivers to a Stock Car V8 2015 Championship.

Things I have tried

* Adding desired point scoring positions using the "Custom Season Tool"
    * Changed the SRS file to show the desired number of AI Drivers and created the same number of scoring positions per race.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what. I can have the number of AI drivers that I want in a single race but when I try to start a championship, it won't let me have more than 20.

How can I change this to work in a Championship?

Thanks for any help.

2. EzStepper

EzStepper New Member

I think I've figured out.

Just in case anyone else is having the same issues.

Each individual track has a GDB file and each track has a car limit. 1 of my tracks had a max of 20 cars so it was causing my whole championship to be limited to 20.

Hope this saves someone else some time

• Like Like x 2
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yes - this restriction based on the lowest GDB value from the selected season was added in a recent update as otherwise the game would crash when you reached a track with lower opponent limit than the championship was configured to. This needs a proper explanation in the UI which we intend to add.

4. EzStepper

EzStepper New Member

Thanks for the reply.

No problem. Really enjoying messing around with the game. I appreciate how easy you have made the game files to be changed to a user's liking. It would be great if the game would allow more drivers in the series than track limit. Then qualifying would eliminate those that failed to qualify. That would make qualifying more important.

5. Renato Simioni

The problem with that is that the limitation is defined by pit boxes, so a track like Cadwell for ex. you just have nowhere to place more than 20 cars for practice or quali.

6. EzStepper

EzStepper New Member

That makes sense.
    Thanks again

7. EzStepper

EzStepper New Member

Another question. Are some of the in game car settings for the Stock car V8 2015 locked? Such as gear ratio. If so, is there any way that I can fix it to allow me to change them during a championship? Thanks

8. Renato Simioni

That´s as per real life rules - in case of StockV8, they are indeed locked and the ratios are the actual ones used in the series.

9. EzStepper

EzStepper New Member

I figured that was the case.

I was trying to use those cars with some American Nascar tracks and some of the ovals are too fast for the gear package.

Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

10. RickMandar

RickMandar New Member

Hi,
    is there something changed with the ai limit. I tried by creating a serie with 55 as max opponents and an empty season.
    I put Max Vehicles = 55 in the gdb but i stay limited to 32 ai.

Any idea ?
    Thx

11. pavig

pavig Member

Is there any way to find the default real world number of opponents for each racing series from inside AMS?

12. RickMandar

RickMandar New Member

Can someone confirm the 32 ai limit ?